• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature) Retrograde Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: A new special item that, in a similar fashion to the Renovation Kit, would allow you to "downgrade" the same eligible special buildings to a previous age.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?: Yes, I can see that the idea was mentioned in the ideas section before, but did not seem to have been given a platform. I could potentially have missed it though!

Reason: It would be useful to, for example, go back and produce champions from a previous era for the purposes of GvG of PvP. It is currently possible to farm other normal units from earlier ages so the ability to do so with champions would be fair!

Details: I have no specific details or visual aids to offer, I'm afraid.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance: The kit would only be available as a prize in special events, in the same manner as the Renovation Kit currently is. A Renovation Kit would again be required to upgrade your building.

Abuse Prevention: As above, the kit would only be available as a special prize and as it could potentially take a number of kits to downgrade and upgrade your building as needed, this would be a prevention of abuse in itself.

Summary: As proposed above, the idea is open to comments and suggestions and for the community to flesh out!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

I also see no reason why not, therefore a score of +1 on this idea

DeletedUser100065

Would mean i could use my oasis's (oasiss? oasisies? whatever the plural of oasis is) finally and downgrade to make useful goods again. Seams like a decent idea to me so +1

DeletedUser

I have been threatened with turnip torture by Starzaan if I don't add his +1 to this.

P.S. Free the wrongfully banned.

DeletedUser97688

+1. Might also be nice to have a new graphic for each age Champion Retreat...that was suggested too...

Would mean i could use my oasis's (oasiss? oasisies? whatever the plural of oasis is) finally and downgrade to make useful goods again. Seams like a decent idea to me so +1

Oases.

DeletedUser99363

-1, plan long term in game and build enough Champs from previous ages or have in inventory 1 from all ages that was possible

DeletedUser

-1, plan long term in game and build enough Champs from previous ages or have in inventory 1 from all ages that was possible
It is also possible to replace special buildings with current age ones without the use of renovation kits, and yet those are still available as prizes?

Having a champs retreat from every age would involve, what? Staying in each age long enough to win one from an event, if you've just started in the game? How would a player now in FE have been able to plan to have a champs retreat from every age when they were not even available?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

This is not only a champ downgrade topic. How can you plan long term to downgrade TE bazaars won by previous summer event:?
Wouldn´t it be awesome to demote these and gain some extra citizens? :blush:

DeletedUser106685

Having a champs retreat from every age would involve, what?

Stay in Post Modern era or below until Summer Event comes.
Play the event, and win 4 to 6 champion's retreats.
Place one in your city each new era you hit, and slap it with a renokit.

MarcelMerk

Private
-1, Do not see the need for having a kit like this as you can build up goods from lower ages at all times by your good buildings or trade down. Also champs you can stock up in your inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.