• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: No Immunity

• Thread starter DeletedUser12666
  • Start date

DeletedUser12666

I have fought an IND age sector in East Nagach with Ranger's and Jaeger's I had them in forest (immune to distance attack's) and lost the lot to riflemen and howitzer's and they were not in the next square they were a distance away, surely this is a bug ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Well, howitzer's "blast" ability gains attack the closer he gets to the unit and the attack is suppose to ignore stealth. I don't know about the rifleman though, are you sure you were in a forest and not in a bush?

DeletedUser7046

I have fought an IND age sector in East Nagach with Ranger's and Jaeger's I had them in forest (immune to distance attack's) and lost the lot to riflemen and howitzer's and they were not in the next square they were a distance away, surely this is a bug ?

The Howitzers don't need to be on the next square to shoot, they have a range of 6, but the closer they are from the target, the stonger will be the blast.

DeletedUser12666

Hi byeordie, yes i was in forest it even had "Immune to distance Attack's" my idea was to get close enough to attack but I never stood a chance, even when I did get a ranger to a rifleman and hit first he fired back, I thought only jaeger's fired back.

DeletedUser7719

even when I did get a ranger to a rifleman and hit first he fired back, I thought only jaeger's fired back
Wait, I'm a bit confused at this part. You attacked the rifleman and then did he counterattack you, or was it on the rifle's turn when it attacked you?

DeletedUser12666

sorry if i was'nt clear, I attacked a rifleman, and he counter attacked, this is wierd mine do not counter attack but i know jaegers do, I have used the same tactic with success in the past and it has worked very well, but today i got the one hit with a ranger, and the rifle fired back.

DeletedUser6461

Hi Giapman,
Ranged units (Breech loaders-Long range units, Riflemen-short range units) never fire you back while defending. Also, when you attack other units with your ranged units from a distance more than 1 hexagon away, then the other enemy units cannot fire you back (it's also true with a grenadier defending from 1 hexagon away). So, imo it must have been a glitch and it might be the turn of that riflemen just after your ranger' turn.
Also, when hiding in to forests, rangers and Jaegers cannot be attacked by ranged units (long range/short range) unless they are in the adjacent hexagon. But that's not the case with Howitzers (they can attack hidden units from a distance) and Grenadiers (can attack hidden units from one hexagon away).

DeletedUser

Grenadiers cannot attack hidden units from range. It is specifically the Howitzer's "Blast" ability that lets them attack hidden units.

DeletedUser6461

Thanks for the heads up.
Even though Grenadier is a heavy unit like Howitzer, the ranged attack to hidden units are confined to howitzers only.
Though imo, Grenadier should be able to hit the rangers with one hex away, because howitzers (Heavy unit of Ind A) are considered as the counter unit of Jaegers (Light unit of IndA) and at the same time grenadiers (Heavy unit of CA) should be the counter unit of rangers (Light unit of CA) too. May be it's because the defense of Howitzers is low (35) compare to the defense of Grenadiers (40), but at the same time Howitzers have superior attack (compared to Grenadiers) and with their special melee effect when nearing to the other units, they are getting a little over powered compare to their CA counterparts.

DeletedUser12666

Ok, so everyone is saying it was a glitch, Ranger's and jagears hidden in the forest can get hit by howitzer's, that bit i understand, but i am telling you my ranger's and jaeger's were shot WHILE IN THE FOREST, AT A DISTANCE by riflemen AND jaeger's

DeletedUser7719

Ok, so everyone is saying it was a glitch, Ranger's and jagears hidden in the forest can get hit by howitzer's, that bit i understand, but i am telling you my ranger's and jaeger's were shot WHILE IN THE FOREST, AT A DISTANCE by riflemen AND jaeger's
Now that I think of it, I think I may of remember a jaeger doing to me once. (I was a rogue in a tree, turned into a jaeger, and the opponent (a jaeger too) ran into another tree a few spaces away and shot me. I thought I was dreaming: and it shot the rogue in it's rogue form. It didn't get damaged though since the opponent had low hp, and my GBs gave me alot of defense)

DeletedUser12666

Thank's, I had a whole 8 unit's wiped out doing something i have done many time's before, I am annoyed because I sent an ingame support ticket and just got told about the howitzer's, I will not be reporting anymore bug's IMO it's pointless.

DeletedUser

There are a lot of times where I think I am in a tree, but it is just the top of a tree in the lower hex. As far as counterattacking goes, are you sure it wasn't a jaeger? They look VERY similar to rifleman. I have been burned by both of these things before

DeletedUser12666

Positive I was in forest and positive it was a rifleman I always put them were it say's "Immune to distance attack" .

DeletedUser7719

Maybe a visual aid then? (A picture of the jaeger in a forest and being damage by another unit at a distance). I don't think I'm gonna come accross this again, but if I do, I'll put something up.

DeletedUser7719

• World, Browser and Version: 1.02.15086 (04.06.2013 6:49), byeordie (363444), en6, en_US, WIN 11,7,700,203, Windows 8, Chrome/27.0.1453.94, 1364x707
  • Overview of the bug: Immunity didn't work
  • Screenshots:
    Bug 11.jpg
  • How often this occur: This was the second time (I thought I was dreaming the first time)
  • Urgency: Pretty Urgent
  • Preventative Actions: Don't hide in a tree?
  • Summary:I had a rogue on the tree next to my lower jaeger. A dragoon hit it, I turned into a rogue and countered (killing him), then another dragoon hit me causing some damage, then the bug: 4 mounted braves shot him down (and if you can see the pic, they (well, all but the one on a rock) pinpoint the jaeger/rogue at that tree). (After that, my other jaegers were safe...)
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Refreshing is not related to this issue...
(Btw, I went to support too to mention this since I had to spend diamonds reviving the rogue (as it's unattached). I'm mentioning it here, so you can see how I filed it)

DeletedUser7719

Ok, my answer was that rogues don't inherit the any abilities when tranforming, but I think otherwise:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6315-Champion-of-Fel-Dranghyr&p=95821#post95821
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...on-of-Greifental&p=96423&viewfull=1#post96423
Both post are using rogues to take out range units, the rifleman definitely should of had some shots fired at the transformed jaeger if this was true, and I remember I hid in the forest for mine and no rifleman attacked after my rogues transformed.

DeletedUser

This bug is hard to re-enact, I have yet to have it happen, but believe it is happening by the number of complaints over it. This is still being investigated. @ Byeordie, They do take on the traits of the unit they turn into, sorry for the mistake. If anyone can get a video of this, it would be great, but I know it would be frustrating to try, and record something that hardly ever happens, lol.

If someone does get this video somehow, PM me the link.

Another point made was that these are all on province battles, not against neighbors.... would be nice if this happened attacking a neighbor so we could see the replay...