• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Nice game, but so Unfair

Emberguard

Legend
It's something Inno could think about when they introduce the next new world.
A clean slate would definitely be an opportunity to do that. Could even separate it by making it into its own server instead of world. Doubt they'll take that path though

There is not a game that exists that is fair to all, most if not all require luck and have their cheats. having the right friends and joining the right guild is the key to success.
The arc is a classic GB that eventually can change your game, why should Inno change a winning formula that is not as pay-to-win as many other games.
Life is not always fair, get wise and live with it.

DeletedUser

It's something Inno could think about when they introduce the next new world.
Players beginning cities will have to adapt and think of it as a challenge to play in a different way
Would be nice, but ultimately that world would suffer as players would not play it if they were being "restricted", unfortunately the stable door is open and the horse has bolted

DeletedUser

There is not a game that exists that is fair to all, most if not all require luck and have their cheats. having the right friends and joining the right guild is the key to success.
The arc is a classic GB that eventually can change your game, why should Inno change a winning formula that is not as pay-to-win as many other games.
Life is not always fair, get wise and live with it.

If you played this game from it's launch you would revise that statement, this game was well thought out at it's birth and it was a pleasure to play, it was well balanced and you could enjoy your time here as you stood an equal chance. We had some extremely good Mods and it worked well, you only have to look at S world on EN server, that was horrific the amount of money spent there by some(and they weren't D farmers) and it completely ruined that world

DeletedUser

In reality, I appreciate all games have to grow/advance or die, but I think there has been a serious lack of foresight here and currently I don't think there is a quick fix.
GbG has totally corrupted the points/ranking system, they should of seen that from the GvG issue years back
Out of era GB's, should of seen the impact, not rocket science really
The amount of Script/Bot use is currently on the rise, due to GbG and personal greed, I know Inno are addressing it, but again should of been obvious it would happen

If you played this game from it's launch you would revise that statement, this game was well thought out at it's birth and it was a pleasure to play,

yeah I believe you, there are some/many things that could be improved.
Not many games retain players beyond a certain time, the ones that do are often changed but not if it upsets more players than it pleases.
Inno are working on another new game so this one is no longer getting the resources it needs.

DeletedUser

yeah I believe you, there are some/many things that could be improved.
Not many games retain players beyond a certain time, the ones that do are often changed but not if it upsets more players than it pleases.
Inno are working on another new game so this one is no longer getting the resources it needs.

I saw mention of the new game but can't find it now, do you know what it is ?

ok found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Would be nice, but ultimately that world would suffer as players would not play it if they were being "restricted", unfortunately the stable door is open and the horse has bolted
Veteran players might not play it, or those who think the current system is fine, but there are players like myself who would relish a more 'fair-progress' and, dare I say it, 'realistic' method of advancing. Those with the will (and wallets) could still race ahead, if they want to do so, and reach those later GB's but for everyone else it would be a much leveller playing field.

A bit of marketing maybe and even new players could be enticed to join.

DeletedUser

Veteran players might not play it, or those who think the current system is fine, but there are players like myself who would relish a more 'fair-progress' and, dare I say it, 'realistic' method of advancing. Those with the will (and wallets) could still race ahead, if they want to do so, and reach those later GB's but for everyone else it would be a much leveller playing field.

A bit of marketing maybe and even new players could be enticed to join.

It's a bit late for us vets who made this game what it is :(

It would be nice :)

DeletedUser

While I agree that would have helped enormously with curtailing era camping, the problem with if that were introduced now is you’d have everyone already having high era GBs and no way for new players to gain them.

So there’d need to be some way of addressing that if such a restriction were added now to make it fair to new cities and new players

One such restriction could be limit the GB to level 10

Burpo

Sergeant
This entire thread has been based on the 'fairness' of combat in its various forms.
As in most games the successfulness of combat is due to 2 things: time and money.
I believe Inno has balanced these 2 perfectly.
Again, in most games money FAR outweighs time so a person who is willing to spend $1000 will in one week be able to beat a person who has been playing for years. Not so in Forge of Empires.

But I also believe that FoE is a fun game for another reason.
Combat is a secondary (or lesser) feature of FoE - FoE's main attraction (for me) is the satisfaction of advancing through the ages and building a city with all the bells and whistles you can muster.
And another big plus is all the friendships you make and people you chat with along the way.

Building advanced GBs before your time is irrelevant, it is open to all and does not cost money therefore it is entirely fair.