• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New to FoE

DeletedUser116019

Hi All,

I started playing FoE about 3 weeks ago and haven't really put it down since, I'm half way through EMA and have a few questions.
I'm all for productions and hoarding my money and goods as i'm not rich with diamonds and feel they take away the effort of the game when you buy them.

Question 1, Does everyone stick to 1 world? I have read forums where some do 5 worlds, can't see the benefit unless i'm missing something.
Questions 2, What balance of house to goods, productions and Army is best?
I have 60 squares with 31 cottages, 1 school, 1 Long house, 3 triumphant arches, Haunted tower, oracle of delphi, 2 butchers, Goat Farm, Vineyard, Horseman stable, Mounted archer, Tannery, Jewelelry, Copper foundry, dye works, iron foundry and a town hall.

Thanks

Coco

DeletedUser99692

Hi.
First piece of advice keep your paths up to date. Paths give happy so less need for culture buildings.
Second piece of advice its your game half the fun is solving the questions that you have asked so experiment all you will waste is time, coin, & supplies, all of which are free.

Good luck with the game.

DeletedUser112892

A1: People usually have 1 main world and at least 1 diamond farming world.
A2: When it comes to city layout, you should tend to have amount of goods buildings as close to 0 as possible, because goods buildings take up precious space, need population and can be plundered.
Instead of them, you should build Chateau Frontenac and earn goods through recurring quests (repetitive quests that go over and over again).
If you are a fighter, you should build Alcatraz and ZAC (Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte) as soon as possible. Traz will help you to always have enough troops.
That's some basic info, more can be found on "Questions, guides and FAQs" section.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Also, if I were you I'd immediately STOP! advancing on the tech tree and the main content map!!

This is not a Civvies or SimCity or Age of Empires/Mythologies type of game.
The BEST strategy is to go as slowly as possible in your advancement actually and focus instead on;
- spend the time to gather as many coins/supplies/goods as possible. You can never have enough of these.
- build GB's and keep leveling them. (Zeus/Achen/Castel + 'Traz for fighting. Chateaux for questing, Lighthouse/St.Marks for economy boosting, St.Basil's for added city defense, Arc for bp + medal farming, Relic Temple for added GE rewards, etc...)
- play the weekly guild expeditions for additional, powerful rewards like more fp's, Terrace Farms, Tribal Squares, etc...
- take full advantage of the big seasonal events & things like Daily Challenges

Going through the ages at light speed will just end up with you being massively under powered compared to the vast majority of your neighbours, who will then in turn savage to daily with attacking & plundering.

DeletedUser113901

Welcome
Your answers
  1. In a world you can harvest diamonds from a few quests, the expeditions and a few special buildings (gained from events). Diamonds are common to all worlds of a same account.
  2. The ideal balance is minimum road needed then 30% great building (GB), 65% special building and 5% soap box field. Untill then just build what you need at the moment it's easy to build and sell non specials.
Also these tips you didn't ask for
  • Keep your buildings up to date. Sell old ones to replace with recent ones.
  • Untill you become independent on the coins they produce, always build houses with a production time of at least 4h.
  • Avoid researching. Your forge points (FP) should all go into your GBs, they make you stronger, research usually makes you weaker because the game's difficulty depends on your age.
  • Try building these GBs: arc (increases the rewards you get from contributing to another player's GB, therefore gives many medals, FPs and blueprints(BPs)),Château Frontenac (CF) (increases quest rewards, therefore gives you many goods), Alcatraz (traz) (produces units), Zeus/aachen/Castle.del.monte (CDM)/Terracotta.army (TA) (give bonuses to your attacking armies) and dynamic tower (DT) (gives goods (especially interesting it can give goods from ages way after yours) when aiding)
  • Play the events. Target first the rogue hideout wich is very important to fight untill you have one then, if you're on one of your primary worlds, the shrine of knowledge (SoK) that gives a lot of coins and a daily FP, if you're on a secondary world, the wishing well (WW) that gives a random output once a day, with a chance for diamonds.
  • Play the guild expedition (GE) it will slightly benefit your whole guild and increase your popularity, as well as grant you great prizes along the way such as diamonds, units, FPs or the overpopular terrace farm (TF) that is a production building that can produce 5FPs a day.
But the most important: have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
@Irish Coco congrats on reaching EMA :D

(1) depends on the player. The main reason to have more then one world is simply diamonds. You can still farm them on your main world if you don't want to bother with setting up additional worlds (or just ignore).

Diamond world main incomes
> Wishing Wells (log in, collect, log out)
> Guild Expedition Lvl 4 (this would be easier if getting GBs from advanced ages and camping in a lower age)

(2) Depends entirely on what you want to focus on. Personally at the beginning I do the following

> 2 of each current age goods building and upto the last 3 ages that I have a continent map boost on. (Only ever build goods you have a boost for!)

> this will absolutely need adjusting as you go as you won't be able to fit that many forever with the ever increasing building sizes. If you run out of space remove whatever is the lowest age goods buildings. I keep multiple ages to make sure i keep producing goods I might still need and build my stock up.

(3) Decide whether you'd prefer to stick purely to current age and below GBs OR if you want to jump ahead and get advanced GBs

> Advanced GBs will require hunting for BPs both by aiding players of the age of the GB you want, and by getting contribution rewards from a GB

- you will need to be prepared to pay another player FPs in order to buy the goods from them if you want advanced GBs.

> Make sure you have a fighting GB. No matter what style you want if you do not have a fighting GB(s) you will be forcing yourself to rely solely on goods later on.

> I'd recommend getting the Lighthouse of Alexandra GB. You'll need the goods and it'll help prevent supply problems too soon in the game

Emberguard

Legend
Also consider using something to measure your progress

I use my goods stock to decide whether or not I should advance to the next age by waiting until I'm nearing a thousand of each good from the current age.

You don't have to use that same measure. You could use something else like the Lvls of your GBs or whether you've obtained certain GBs before moving on.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Also consider using something to measure your progress

I use my goods stock to decide whether or not I should advance to the next age by waiting until I'm nearing a thousand of each good from the current age.

You don't have to use that same measure. You could use something else like the Lvls of your GBs or whether you've obtained certain GBs before moving on.
1k goods is good enough to advance?
So then, I guess I might be getting a little excessive if I'm sitting on 7.5k of both current + previous era goods?! :P

EDIT: also, make sure to take advantage of the new Cultural Settlements feature that will be coming "very soon" into the new year.
While it will take a good while to earn the final 'grand prize' reward, it's also really, really, REALLY 'stupid good' in terms of what it gives! ;)

Emberguard

Legend
1k goods is good enough to advance?
So then, I guess I might be getting a little excessive if I'm sitting on 7.5k of both current + previous era goods?! :P
Just a tad. lol. Well, if you're still near the beginning anyway. Technically speaking one could wait until Colonial Age to start stockpiling purely because that's the first age that becomes a unrefined good (if I'm reading the wiki correctly)

But it does help set a slower pace so you build up your GBs while you wait.

http://www.wildgunner.co.uk/FoE/ResearchResources.php
^ that shows all the goods you'll need for each age (not including Virtual Future)

Join a good guild and ask your guild friends these questions, after you determine who is doing well and playing smart.

Don’t rush the tech tree. Easy to do and you get in too far without proper preparation.

Enjoy, learn, make mistakes, recover, and move on.

Read the Wiki, read the forums, read player stuff.... figure out what it means to *you* and play/plan accordingly.

Enjoy

@Emberguard I have never seen that website tool before, very useful. Could have done with that 3 years a go :rolleyes: but will still be of use for when I decide to move up.

@Irish Coco I will echo some of the statements here, when I started I rushed up the tech tree and am now in Arctic Future playing catch up, trying to level my GBs to something appropriate. Have just started a 2nd world and am taking it nice and slow :)