• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings New GB to throw guild "parties"

DeletedUser111337

***Edit: No GB required as per below idea by One2Rule. Idea: simple implementation to celebrate wins amongst peers***

Was just thinking of other games I've played that throw parties. I thought of perhaps another communal-type GB that benefit a guild, could be one that gathers some sort of points to pay for a guild party. It could be as simple as when the host (GB owner) throws the party and pays out of a kitty that the GB has built or maybe medals or supplies (according to their level to make it fair - higher levels have a massive oversupply of supplies) could use and convert to a small or large random prize for those that "attend" within 24hours. Eventually, the owner could select level of prize, the more valuable goods they use to throw the party, the better the rewards (this could be refined later)? Attending could be as simple as an "attend party" button on the side and a bright pop up presenting the gift or an optional animation of a party, which can be skipped.

This would increase guild spirit and also more chatter about what each person got or the best prizes they've been awarded. It would create more interaction amongst players, even could be educational and have a collector theme. Like ornaments of landmarks from around the world or past-event avatars. Just a nice way to celebrate GE win or someone bringing good news or just general cheering up :) Could even name the party...

What do you think of this idea? Any additions of amendments to the idea? Pros and Cons?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I don't want lazy people from my guild are part of the party where the good friends and neighbors can't come

so to get more teamwork all people who aided in the last 24 hours would be part of my party

Attending could be as simple as an "attend party" button
why a new button ?
let's take the aid button

with that it would motivate people to aid more
so the owner of the city has something from it

but what would pushing "attend party" brings to the city owner ?
actually nothing

This would increase guild spirit
that would increase the spirit of all not only in the guild

DeletedUser110179

I don't want lazy people from my guild to be part of the party ...
Everyone is looking for diamonds in the rough (easy diamonds) ... but maybe you can turn lead into gold .
Many people will quit the game or barely participate ... but maybe you can turn laziness into greatness .

Success-and-Failure 200px.png

DeletedUser110179

so to get more teamwork all people who aided in the last 24 hours would be part of my party
what ?
If the "lazy" people were invited to tha party ... perhaps they'ld have a reason to work harder in the future.
Perhaps, they're shy and don't really know how to participate or contribute in a team effort.

Lots of people don't play team sports at school (and never worked in a team).

DeletedUser

nice idea but instead of guild party , in my guild u have party every day :D but i like if the gb gives like HOF give guild LVL points

DeletedUser111351

What it sounds like people really want is for a guild to have land. Just as every player starts the game with a small plot of land and starts constructing buildings and buying expansion slots, so to does a guild get a small plot of land. Now the guild doesn't make houses and collect coins and supplies and such, but the land can be used to build Guild Great Buildings. Perhaps GE and GvG trophies count toward unlocking ever more costly expansion slots, as well as potentially donated diamonds. GGB blueprints must be found by guild members and donated to the guild before construction. Maybe some are the same as regular GBs, i.e. the Lighthouse could be built within guild (and now goods go straight to the guild treasury as it is the owner).

GGBs probably could only be placed and started by guild owner or high rank, but once built anyone (only in guild) could donate to upgrade it. Maybe daily collection is automatic, maybe requires same high rank member to remember to collect, or maybe any guild member can trigger collection. Donation and rewards on GGBs requires several days or a week in guild before active (only applicable if there is personal rewards, if all goes to guild don't need this). No guild-jumpers for rewards snatching.

Things like a guild party could be a triggered GGB reward (could be items as suggested, or could be a 24 hour boost to all guild members gold/supplies/goods production or to attack or defense).

Just as a player starts with a main building that is omnipresent, so to would all guilds have a single Guild Headquarters. This could upgrade and change appearance as the guild levels. The current guild stats become part of this buildings identification.

DeletedUser111337

@One2Rule

Very interesting evolvement of the idea...I think your idea deserves a whole new thread lol :P
I was starting simple, just seeing where it would lead and whether it would be a hard thing to implement into the game.

Donating diamonds and GvG help...the rich and poor divide grows. If Inno just started with something simple then it would help. Always better for admin to give authority to click buttons. High ranker doesn't necessarily mean highly active.

Instead of a "guild" party, maybe you can invite certain people and nobody else would know about it...for the petty people, you can pick and choose, but also allows room for people to make new friends and appreciate things that are given free. I go to the trouble of thanking people when they trade good with me and make sure I don't plunder the same person, or plunder only for things I really need. My guild is good and they weed out leeches and we all have a common goal, so I, for one, would throw more in-guild parties than friends parties.

The idea came about because for the first time my guild won gold in GE and in both worlds! So I was over the moon and wanted to do something to celebrate rather than just more cheering through guild chat.

Aid Button: That could work, maybe change the colour of it (multicolour), if it's an RSVP button to a party. I personally go/throw parties for fun, not to expect anything back from my friends. There could be a similar random reward system for the owner with a bigger reward than individuals or chance of receiving FP, the more people attend. Something.

DeletedUser111351

@Cinista
Speaking of friends' parties versus guild parties and the existence of them in other games, the ones I've seen have generally been a fairly more open and instantaneous thing. Something/one causes a party. Party happens server-wide for 15-30 minutes. Anyone can come and attend.

That said, I'm hearing a different request from you in your last post. One that would actually be very, very simple to implement. Forget great buildings. Forget parties. What you want is the flash and bang, the ooh and awe. You want fireworks.

Now, instead of getting a motivation kit, an attack boost potion, a blueprint, or whatever else as a consumable prize, GE and other prize droppers can occasionally (and rarely) drop Small Fireworks Package, Medium Fireworks Package, and Big Fireworks Package. Maybe different packages are viewable by different groups (ie. friend/guild/neighborhood/server), maybe who sets them off gets to choose who sees them.

In case it wasn't obvious, they are consumable items that go in your inventory to be used when you want.

DeletedUser111337

@Cinista
Speaking of friends' parties versus guild parties and the existence of them in other games, the ones I've seen have generally been a fairly more open and instantaneous thing. Something/one causes a party. Party happens server-wide for 15-30 minutes. Anyone can come and attend.

That said, I'm hearing a different request from you in your last post. One that would actually be very, very simple to implement. Forget great buildings. Forget parties. What you want is the flash and bang, the ooh and awe. You want fireworks.

Now, instead of getting a motivation kit, an attack boost potion, a blueprint, or whatever else as a consumable prize, GE and other prize droppers can occasionally (and rarely) drop Small Fireworks Package, Medium Fireworks Package, and Big Fireworks Package. Maybe different packages are viewable by different groups (ie. friend/guild/neighborhood/server), maybe who sets them off gets to choose who sees them.

In case it wasn't obvious, they are consumable items that go in your inventory to be used when you want.

That sounds good, nice and simple to start! Just something to reward people. This is a great idea when i think about it, as low levels that don't have a Temple of Relics could still receive something as bait to continue playing or even start playing GE, eg. a GE boost, extra turn boost, ToR bp. Everybody loves free stuff. Especially a try before you buy. You're right also, GB would require more space and that would probably deter anyone from building it. Could last within selected target audience for 24hrs, instead of server-wide 15-30min. Could even skip the animation as well or just have it in the background to the city and make it pretty for a little while after logging in. Maybe it will remind people not to be so serious and celebrate your wins more, even small ones :)

As I think this general concept over, my mind keeps coming to the concept of a Guild Hall - a place not very dissimilar to the Friends Tavern but which is shared by all guild members. The Guild Hall could be located in each player's outer-town area or be accessed somehow differently. It could host parties, have its own tavern table (auto-emptied when full), be the source of guild chat(s) and automated guild information such as new GB started by a member, have the trophies on display, and much more. The Guild Hall itself could be subject to upgrade or even expansion to be able to accomodate a growing membership [no member should be ejected at the beginning, however - the guild simply would not be able to expand until its Hall is big enough].

DeletedUser111337

As I think this general concept over, my mind keeps coming to the concept of a Guild Hall - a place not very dissimilar to the Friends Tavern but which is shared by all guild members. The Guild Hall could be located in each player's outer-town area or be accessed somehow differently. It could host parties, have its own tavern table (auto-emptied when full), be the source of guild chat(s) and automated guild information such as new GB started by a member, have the trophies on display, and much more. The Guild Hall itself could be subject to upgrade or even expansion to be able to accomodate a growing membership [no member should be ejected at the beginning, however - the guild simply would not be able to expand until its Hall is big enough].
I like this idea! The guild hall could be a visual summary/representation of the guild growing. People like to sees the fruits of their labour and if it can be done aesthetically in one place, it would probably keep players more involved. :)

DeletedUser108047

@Prinza the Hunter I think the guild hall idea is worth a separate thread. It could also be source of honor boards - eg highest prestige? Rankings in GvG? highest percentages in GE; highest donor to guild etc. With honour boards identifying individual members perhaps there could be a weekly boost for coming first on the honour board thus incentivising donations etc. The idea would address the complaint about guildees not being invited to the tavern. It could also free up some space on the people tab by moving guild information into the guild hall. The design of the building should improve with each major step up in guild level - say every 10 levels or each time you increase in fps collected?

DeletedUser111351

Oh sure, I say "Guild Headquarters", you change it to "Guild Hall" and run with it like it was your idea (said tongue-in-cheek, mostly ;)).
Just as a player starts with a main building that is omnipresent, so to would all guilds have a single Guild Headquarters. This could upgrade and change appearance as the guild levels. The current guild stats become part of this buildings identification.
I will say I like the addition of physically adding a construction onto the map, rather than just a button that takes one to a pop-up or new display for the guild constructions.