• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) Guild owned/built Great Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagoas

Private
Proposal:
A new class of GBs owned by the Guild (not a player), built by collaboration of Guild members, creating benefits for the guild itself and its members. Real life equivalent - International Space Station.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Have searched and looked through topics and could not find an equivalent.

Reason:
Provides an way of Guilds competing in a peaceful manner, rather than just fighting based. Even Expeditions in its current form is fighting based. Offers greater opportunity for farmer types to contribute to the Guild's progress and competition.

Details:
A number of Great Buildings could be available for the whole Guild to build, contributing goods either directly or from Treasury, contributing FPs to build. Real life inspiration - Internation Space Station. The scale of effort would need to be substantial in terms of goods and FPs, maybe coins/supplies too. Benefits could be additions to Guild power and prestige, or bonuses to players along the lines of current types - FPs, recruitment times, happiness / goods / coin /supplies boosts.

As an added variation you could allow Guilds to contribute to eachother's Guild Great Buildings - further opportunity for alliance activities and allow smaller guilds to collaborate on something that might be too hard by themselves.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
As with all improvements, fine tuning of amounts, benefits etc would be needed during detailed design and testing.

Abuse Prevention:
May have a tendency to accentuate '"strong get stronger" but this applies to many things including Expeditions, and allowing collaboration between Guilds may help offset this issue.

Summary:
A new form of peaceful Guild competition adding more opportunity for farmer types to contribute, as well as benefits to Guild and members.

DeletedUser103052

+1 I would like to be able to contribute to the guild in a way other than fighting

DeletedUser15432

A good idea, well thought out and useful, therefore a score of +1 from me

DeletedUser109510

+1 - non-fighting ways of guild collaboration would be good

DeletedUser15372

+1

By the way someone said that on beta the negotiation option is released on beta for guild expeditions. Is that true?

DeletedUser16126

+1 under the condition that guilds with a good mix of players for all different ages would have a benefit against the top guilds that basically all have players of the highest ages. So e.g. requiring goods of all ages would be great!

DeletedUser6838

Could this be combined with the Guild City idea?
Most likely, unless the OP meant the GB's to be built into a members city, which would be kinda...not good :o.

I like the idea, thus +1

but, in my opinion, such a system with guild GB's should mean the removal of guild levels =/.

DeletedUser108842

+1 to the initial idea of this topic, +1 to the guild city.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
+1 .. This sounds way cool, where would it be placed? I don't really think a guild city is a good idea, so does it go in the city of the Guild Leader, if so what happens when leadership changes. Or would it be placed in a new tab of the Guild bar, like Level, Treasury etc.

DeletedUser97688

A good place for it would be in some section or clearing in the jungle on the GE map. Maybe on an island in the water

DeletedUser108842

That idea was given tens of times already, I remember giving this idea at least once. I wonder why you did not agree with me earlier and you agree with someone else now. I guess because of the "FORMATTING OF THE TOPIC".

Anyway, +1 for the good idea.

DeletedUser17143

+1 Great Idea. It could easily go on the far right of everyone's map. I think if it is ever done and other guilds can donate, there would need to be a large BP amount needed to get it in the mud. Maybe 100 bp's! That way you would get other guilds helping out.

DeletedUser653

+1 from me

+1 under the condition that guilds with a good mix of players for all different ages would have a benefit against the top guilds that basically all have players of the highest ages. So e.g. requiring goods of all ages would be great!
Think this is sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.