• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighbourhood shuffle overdue?

rainydayze

Private
I thought neighbourhood shuffles were every 2-3 weeks, except during an Event - well the Summer Event is over - and I thought with the end of the previous PvP Tournament - at long, long, last a new 'hood would be coming! Its been forever (well.. close to 6 weeks) since the last shuffle and I really really want some new blood.... but nooooooo.... same old, same old .....

Come on Inno - shuffle us around please?

I was rather surprised to see the same neighbourhood. I thought it shuffled each week except during the Summer Event (presumably because that has neighbourhood rewards that cannot be synchronised with a weekly shuffle). I spent on defence boosts, expecting new attackers who didn't know better than to attack a prince of war. I also went through and aided lots of my targets yesterday as a kind of 'so long and thanks for all the fish' present.

rainydayze

Private
Like Prinza - I also did my "so long and thanks for all the fish" routine, only to find yet another boring week with too many smartypants and their HUGE time-zone advantage taking the PvP Towers.

Mandelynn

Corporal
I was told by support it will change this week as scheduled.
Looks the same to me and I'm now getting a black eye from a neighbor who had enough time to get two ages ahead of me.
This is ridiculous.
So, are we going for 6 weeks in the same neighborhood now or is this permanent :|

rainydayze

Private
I was told by support it will change this week as scheduled.
Looks the same to me and I'm now getting a black eye from a neighbor who had enough time to get two ages ahead of me :|

Ha! Payback is a *b***** :-)

Since I Aided them all yesterday thinking they were going, going....

I went for the pre-emptive strike. I spent some Tavern silver on a 30% Attack boost to plow through the neighbourhood on Auto-Battle......
and I'm not checking for "friendlies" on my next run-through for plundering (other than friendly Guilds, so I dont annoy my Guild leader).

And if any complain in PMs, tell them to blame Inno .............

I spent some Tavern silver on a 30% Attack boost to plow through the neighbourhood on Auto-Battle......
The way I see it, you've thrown away the 30% advantage by auto-battling. If you are going to bother with an attack boost, you might as well give your troops the boost of a flexible and intelligent general in command.

LadyHecate

Major-General
You're assuming that players are flexible and intelligent when they attack without auto-battle!
Looking at some of the defences of the cities I routinely plunder I have to assume that auto-battle would probably perform better than some of the players.
I also had a ROFL moment last week when I realised that I had been daily plundering one of the 'hood on my main world to eventually realise he was my guild leader on one of the other worlds!!!

Mandelynn

Corporal
I got tired of trying to dodge that neighbor. He kept taking my lunch money. :(snif
I disconnected my city and and going to take a break for a bit until the neighborhood changes.
I really need sleep and the break will do me good.

DeletedUser110195

You really and truly need to learn to do 24 hour productions and collect on time. What will you do if your next 'hood has a plunderer in it and you're stuck with that for a month?

joesoap

Major-General
disconnecting your city wont guarantee you a hood change, you may come back to find that pesky neighbour still there, you may need to push an age ahead of them in tec, or leave them nothing to plunder or get a better defensive army

DeletedUser110195

I'd say disconnecting your city, is an even bigger win for the plunderer...he knows he's broken you when you do that, and you're losing everything as opposed to one thing a day.

joesoap

Major-General
or you could always set a supply building on 5 minute production & let them plunder that or build an unboosted good & set it for 4 hours so they could only plunder 1 good...thats really annoying
and keep an eye on their gbs & add the last fp if you can to stop them doing a double collect....there are ways to be just as annoying as they are

DeletedUser110195

I've done that a few times, back when I still did 1hr productions during the day and an 8 hour at night, since santa's workshop doesn't have an 8 hour supplies production, I usually did 4 hour, but in colonial I had to deal with a guy in industrial, every night I set those workshops to 5 minute....eventually he stopped taking them ;)