• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Negotiated too far, next quests are 3 and 5 ages ahead :(

• Thread starter DeletedUser108688
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108688

In one of my worlds I stayed in Bronze Age doing recurring quests for months. Polivated my way to get Chateau prints and traded the hard way for the goods without selling my fps, then took it to level 11.
I seem to have made a critical error when I negotiated my way across the maps in search of more expansions. After I took the second Indy expansion my main loop quests were replaced by non-abortable princess myciena bonus quests.
The quests forced me out of BA into IA but now my only 2 quests now are "Research Modern Roads" (Ind. Age) and "Build a Tower Ruin" (LMA). Also non-abortable.

So it appears that I have lost all quests from IA, EMA, HMA and possibly LMA through to Colonial also. Which seems a bit harsh. With my Chateau the loop quests alone would have given me about 2800 diamonds across those ages and there are plenty more diamonds I've lost out on from other quests too.

It seems to me that the Bonus quest should be abortable so I can at least return to the normal string of quests.
Any opinions out there?

DeletedUser108688

Tut tut Overtype, you haven't done enough homework on this one :) BTW I'm a long time lurker here on the forums so feel like I already know you and I do value your opinions. But the world is Jaims, and the Chateau is level 11. I never sold a single fp for goods on Jaims. I have sold them on other worlds where I also have Chateaus (I think we are hoodies on one them), but on Jaims, I guild hopped for months polivating in as many auto-join guilds as you can shake a stick at. I also never mentioned anything about fair trade. I always sought out overfair trades and I could have built an arc twice over if I wanted to while I was still in BA, (and that was the plan, but I still don't have the bps). I never had the help of anyone giving me higher age goods or taking any unfair trades by me. If you visit me now on Jaims, take a look, all my GBs bar the ToR were built while I was in BA.

If you think all this is fanciful, I was only following in the footsteps of a friend in East Nagach, who kept hopping into my guild (aiding and looking for those juicy trades). He had Arc, RFP, Dyno, etc etc by the same methods while still in BA. All it takes is time and patience. I have two main worlds, a few Diamond farm worlds and Jaims was just something a little bit different for me.

I hope I have established my bone fide in all this and would love to hear an opinion about my original post.
Regards
FS

DeletedUser7719

If the lowest objective is to research a tech in the LMA, you have likely lost a lot of bonus side/recurring quests from the IA to LMA, but not all of side quests should be gone.
Your progress has a lot of questions from me :p Do you only have 2 quest slots at this point or are there 3? (and if 3 are two filled with the Princess?) I'm assuming the quests also showed up from getting up to the LMA bonus province? Did you have to do the barbarian questline and if so, there wasn't any problems with that?

DeletedUser108688

I suppose a picture paints a thousand words, so ...
foe1.jpg foe2.jpg
2 quest slots and the treasure hunt.
I recall from my other worlds that Princess Myciena pops up around the time when you're in the LMA/Col bonus territory but I don't think I saw her on this world until I took the second expansion province in the north west of the Indy continent.This was when the BA recurring quests were replaced. I have only taken a couple of the bonus LMA/Col provinces. I was only after the expansion provinces and left a lot of others un-scouted to keep for events.
I can't recall what the barbarian questline is so can't really answer that one, but I'm fairly sure I only ever had 2 quest slots on this world.

The above second image of "Build a Tower Ruin" I believe is the questline that will eventually spawn one of the Princess questlines and will grant you Colonial troops as a reward, and "build a tower ruin" is a way of preventing lower age players from getting these higher age troops.
I realise my progress has been very unorthodox compared to the vast majority of players, but in doing so I think I have stumbled into a glitch overlooked by devs. One I would dearly love to be fixed.

DeletedUser109385

I suppose a picture paints a thousand words, so ...
View attachment 11075 View attachment 11076
2 quest slots and the treasure hunt.
I recall from my other worlds that Princess Myciena pops up around the time when you're in the LMA/Col bonus territory but I don't think I saw her on this world until I took the second expansion province in the north west of the Indy continent.This was when the BA recurring quests were replaced. I have only taken a couple of the bonus LMA/Col provinces. I was only after the expansion provinces and left a lot of others un-scouted to keep for events.
I can't recall what the barbarian questline is so can't really answer that one, but I'm fairly sure I only ever had 2 quest slots on this world.

The above second image of "Build a Tower Ruin" I believe is the questline that will eventually spawn one of the Princess questlines and will grant you Colonial troops as a reward, and "build a tower ruin" is a way of preventing lower age players from getting these higher age troops.
I realise my progress has been very unorthodox compared to the vast majority of players, but in doing so I think I have stumbled into a glitch overlooked by devs. One I would dearly love to be fixed.
How do you have a town hall of iron age but you are doing quests of late middle ages????

DeletedUser96901

How do you have a town hall of iron age but you are doing quests of late middle ages????
because he can defeat jaeger with spearfighters :lol:
just kidding. he used goods to "defeat" them

to the topic:
what should we say ?
it happened and we can't change anything

and sure the developers won't change anything either:
progress on map and in technology should be the same (or at least close together)
late middle age research, late middle age map
not: iron age research, industrial age bonus map

so the only thing that can be done to get other quests would be that you advance to the tower ruins and build one

DeletedUser109385

Or give the player another optional quest which will not let them leave their age
because he can defeat jaeger with spearfighters :lol:
Inno please make spearfighter have damage of 100 and defense of 100, very please it will make the game so much fun:)

Greywolf

Sergeant
I have an Iron Age city in Houndsmoor where I also bribed my way through the continent map. In contrary to Farticus I have access to 3 quests. A bonus quest from Hadrubaal Barkas to research a tech, a story quest from Ragu Silvertongue to build a HMA deco/research a cultural tech & a recurring quest.

Only in the Colonial section of the map right now, so don't know what happens when I advance into the Industrial parts of the map. Still it seems odd that Farticus has only access to 2 quests and that those quests are higher age quests than the ones I have.

DeletedUser97166

2 quest slots and the treasure hunt
This does suggest that some of the bonus quests you will still come across, however you may have lost some of them as well.
Some bonus quests are triggered by the research and others by the continent map, so there are some that you will receive when you do eventuall progress further down the line.

DeletedUser108688

I have an Iron Age city in Houndsmoor where I also bribed my way through the continent map. In contrary to Farticus I have access to 3 quests. A bonus quest from Hadrubaal Barkas to research a tech, a story quest from Ragu Silvertongue to build a HMA deco/research a cultural tech & a recurring quest.

Only in the Colonial section of the map right now, so don't know what happens when I advance into the Industrial parts of the map. Still it seems odd that Farticus has only access to 2 quests and that those quests are higher age quests than the ones I have.
Seeing as you have 3 quests you might be OK to advance further, but it's possible you could get locked up like me after taking the main indy continent.
This does suggest that some of the bonus quests you will still come across, however you may have lost some of them as well.
Some bonus quests are triggered by the research and others by the continent map, so there are some that you will receive when you do eventuall progress further down the line.
At this stage I'm sort of resigned to having no recurring quests until ind. age so if I get something back in LMA it'll be a bonus

DeletedUser109836

First of all, I'm really sorry for the offtopic - But I'm really curious as to how exactly you've managed to get all those goods without selling your FPs :D! I'm trying to get The Arc built, but have no clue how I could get my hands on the goods other than trading them for FPs.

PS: You also said that you could get lots of diamonds through recurring quests. How so? I've probably done every IA recurring quest a hundred times over and got maybe 60 diamonds in total x.x

Thanks!

DeletedUser108688

First of all, I'm really sorry for the offtopic - But I'm really curious as to how exactly you've managed to get all those goods without selling your FPs :D! I'm trying to get The Arc built, but have no clue how I could get my hands on the goods other than trading them for FPs.

PS: You also said that you could get lots of diamonds through recurring quests. How so? I've probably done every IA recurring quest a hundred times over and got maybe 60 diamonds in total x.x

Thanks!

If you are already in IA then the easiest option is to sell your fps for goods. I did it while in Bronze Age by guild hopping every week or so for months. Just pop into an auto-join guild and look for overfair trades. Grab some bargains, aid all members for some blueprints and pop back out again. Rinse and repeat. When I found particularly lucrative offers I would send a friend request to the member so as to have access to any future sweet trades after I moved on from that guild. It would takes months though this way, like I said, easier to sell your fps when in IA.

All recurring quests will payout diamonds eventually. In all ages. I've heard that they payed out multiple times before, but that inno changed it to once only per recurring quest. This has been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.