• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Moving neighborhood to end the plunder?

DeletedUser

that is the problem, I cant just collect stuff at a set time because of the 4H 8H 1D thing, 8H is NOT enough 12H would be better.
i come on a few times a day so use 4's, overnight I am FORCED to do use 8H and hope. 1 or 2h doesnt exist either which would be nice.
and even if i do get on on time, I have lost stuff AFTER clicking on the building showing a box, only for everything that I have collected to be added seconds later, but a lightning bolt over the building I just collected from, losing that resource that i collected.
thats rediculous. the whole point of having defences is to defend, its not people in the same age attacking, i deal with those, its people in Colonial age, where no unit is good enough.
and if i use 1D and it gets plundered i have wasted an ENTIRE day to get nothing, so the problem still remains.
people are plundering from weaker players, resources THEY DO NOT NEED, just for points, or because they can, it isn't good for the game if people get fed up with it and leave.

DeletedUser6461

I have to agree here, there is someone in my Neighbourhood who has 90k more points then me and a fair few ages, that just plunders everyone, because they can, i do not see why someone who is many ages ahead can should be rewarded for crippling people, since neighbourhoods were merged there are now 2 people doing this.

Normally when neighborhoods are merged a small disparity in ages or in ranking points is occurred due to the difference of extremely active players and medium active players (age differs) or PVP oriented fighters and non fighters (ranking points differs). However, all these groups are required to balance the game in its right sense. The PVP oriented players normally invest more space and money on their military buildings including GBs and less on their goods buildings. They rely upon plundering their neighbors goods to balance their goods requirement. At the same time, the peaceful players need not to invest more on military buildings or the attacking or defense GBs. they are capitalizing on goods, coins and supplies. Hence, imo the game is well balanced at the moment and whining on plunderers will not help you to find any solution.

I have gained ONE limestone in 2 days I should have had like 12, this isn't helped by:
Plunders AFTER collecting (i clicked it with the box there, why is there now a lightning bolt, thats rediculous).
log on today to find NO new event reports, yet Limestone is again plundered.
this is the cause of a lot of problems in the game, newper players won't stick around if they can't develop. PvP game or not, there has to be a line drawn.

As FacetiousMIke rightly pointed out, you are supposed to make goods with boosters only (those goods which produces 5 times more goods than without a booster) and the rest of goods requirement should be covered with the help of your Guild (without spending F.Ps) . If you are not in a guild then you must trade it with your neighbors or friends (by spending 1 F.Ps each). But it is strongly recommended to be in a guild which covers so many other aspects of the game like polish/motivation, guild forum, easy guild message system, the future guild war etc...

As I see your next point, "plunders after collecting goods" might have happened because your neighbor was just on time and plundered it before you collected it actually. Refreshing time might have made the difference here. however, if there is no event report and u see a plundered symbol, u can verify it by creating a support ticket by right clicking anywhere in your town and proceed with the "contact support".
As rawruk pointed out, one of the option against plundering is to collect your goods in time which seems quite difficult though because the PVP oriented players are normally more active and they always find a way to plunder you. The best option seems to be either make a deal with them, keeping a good defense for their points, motivate/polish them in return etc... or finding a good combination of defensive army which can either defeat them or to affect serious damage to them (so they think twice before attack again). With the new Era of GBs, the attacking player tend to have an upper hand but if you manage to have those defensive GBs plus the recently mushroomed watch fires, you can defend your city in a better way as effective as the Ante-GB Era.

DeletedUser

I am trying to trade, but my boosted goods are dyes and stone, which are not really worth much in terms of what i need, let along want to make with all the plunders

DeletedUser

which are not really worth much in terms of what i need,
You might not need them no, but in 8 hours you produce 10 of them. You can then trade those 10 for the goods you DO need, so you swap 10 stone for 10 lumber, taking all of 8hrs and 2min, alternatively, you create at non-bonus rates by which time you'll probably have died of old age before you hit the end of the research tree.

if the timings don't work for you, and your not getting any goods from 8hr productions etc, then why not set up a 1 day production, to finish at a time that is convenient for you. If I logged in 4 times a day but couldn't guarantee logging in on time then I'd settle for 1 day runs, higher guarantee of 20 is better than risking losing 25-30 per day.

people are plundering from weaker players, resources THEY DO NOT NEED, just for points
Actually you need Bronze Age good right up until HMA. and you dont gain points for plundering goods, only coin or supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Normally when neighborhoods are merged a small disparity in ages or in ranking points is occurred due to the difference of extremely active players and medium active players (age differs) or PVP oriented fighters and non fighters (ranking points differs). However, all these groups are required to balance the game in its right sense. The PVP oriented players normally invest more space and money on their military buildings including GBs and less on their goods buildings. They rely upon plundering their neighbors goods to balance their goods requirement. At the same time, the peaceful players need not to invest more on military buildings or the attacking or defense GBs. they are capitalizing on goods, coins and supplies. Hence, imo the game is well balanced at the moment and whining on plunderers will not help you to find any solution.
I am not certain how any of that helps phalanx. His plunderer has "90k more points" and "few ages" on him... so there is nothing he can do military wise. He can only try to hide his stuff from the plunder, which is complete BS, unless you suggest that he should continue dedicating hours of gameplay, just to remain someones farm for the sake of your idea of hood balance.

Phalanx is right about collection times. They are geared to encourage participation, not to make it easy for him to collect and a person who has more time than he, has an obvious advantage over him. People on top forget what a luxury, not to being plundered is, the mare threat of being plundered creates unnecessary stress, turning this game into work rather than fun. Each time someone says something to the effect of "its your fault for not collecting on time" I mentally role my eyes, as if you are going to sit with an alarm clock and say sorry guys it was fun but we have to turn in early tonight, I have some stuff to collect on the internet i.e. second work rather than fun time and by by to your marriage/relationship...

EDIT: The above refers to player with huge point/age spread.

DeletedUser9168

one thing that worked for me was that as a last resort i sent him a 'friend' invite. to my amazement he accepted, and then continued attacking me! it took me several days to find out how he could do it when his avatar had no attack button. however he can attack from the pvp tower results screen but CAN NO LONGER PLUNDER! mission accomplished! i humour myself by pointedly polishing a tree in his city everyday too.

DeletedUser

Each time someone says something to the effect of "its your fault for not collecting on time" I mentally role my eyes

With the game as it is now, this is the only real way to prevent a plunder. I agree neighbourhoods are inbalanced and I'd LOVE to hear Anwar's take on the subject.

People on top forget what a luxury, not to being plundered is or even the mare threat of being plundered creates unnessary stress, turning this game into work rather than fun.
This really depends on the individuals attitude. Some players relish the challenge to beat the odds. Others feel like they are being bullied out the game, and I really can see both sides. I get plundered a few times per week, and it is frustrating, but it's part of the game and if it's starting to cause you stress, you really need to take a step back, take a deep breath and either go and plunder someone to get it out your system, or walk away from the game and come back tomorrow!

There was a good idea about splitting neighbourhoods before a merge in order to close the gap between the players. None of this helps now though - which is why currently it's best to plan your collections as best you can. If your really losing that much, it's still more worthwhile to set up a 1 day production than miss out on two out of three 8hr productions.

Personally I think there is still a lot of discussion to be had on the subject.... this thread has got rather big and is very mixed, would anyone like to see a "Neighbourhood Debate Thread" summarising each of the ideas suggested and then link each idea to a separate discussion and I will then maintain the "Neighbourhood Debate Thread" to ensure the summary is kept up to date on changes/tweaks of each idea. I can also update For/Against numbers on the summary so we can see which ideas have the strongest support and that may help develop something useful for the dev's to consider.

DeletedUser

one thing that worked for me was that as a last resort i sent him a 'friend' invite. to my amazement he accepted, and then continued attacking me! it took me several days to find out how he could do it when his avatar had no attack button. however he can attack from the pvp tower results screen but CAN NO LONGER PLUNDER! mission accomplished! i humour myself by pointedly polishing a tree in his city everyday too.

When I was attacking and plundering more frequently I had someone do the same. I thought: Why not? If he wants to polish my stuff in exchange for my not plundering then that is fair. But when I checked my events and saw he was only polishing decorations I dropped him as friend and went back to plundering. I figured if he had the time to wander around polishing trees then he had the time to build up his defense. (PS: he did build his defense to the point where I got too much damage attacking him to make it worth my while. I stopped attacking him then so everybody seems happy. It works.)

DeletedUser

I dropped friends who polished decos, so you should be careful with that jampots. I don't use decos at all anymore though

DeletedUser6328

problem being this is partly a war/fighting based game, so creating peace only neighbourhoods would defeat the purpose. In reality you couldnt do this. I know its annoying being plundered but myself I attack every neighbour every day, I plendered all the time in the beginning because i needed resources, now I dont, my neighbours know I will only plunder if the cant be bothered to put up a defence, try putting up some defence and maybe you will get plundered less, build the strongest troops you can to defend, it may be enough to put people off from attacking, you dont need to win you just need to cause enough damage for them to decide it not worth the loss for a few points. alternatively try to time your collections better.

Not true the game has a few ways it can be exploited in the same way a player built his 500k city one way and pretty much through his just overwhelming military, and skills at, using it to keep all his neighbors busy trying to figure out a way to beat him, well they didn't grow as fast the everyday resources going to rebuilding different ways to stop the attacks, or stopping their city's growth by taking roads off so at least he wont be plundered, that after a while the time spent has pretty much irreversibly placed him in a lot in that neighborhood. Its a waste of time to get focused on the figuring out how to defend against something that your not going to win. So focus on growing, and building your city. I don't have a attacking army, as that space and resources are spent on improving my city. I built a defense not for the one that could beat me. I built it for the many that were in my same boat, I lost no defenders or had to spend anything on them other than, the cost to build the building, and recruit them. And along the way did quests that as the surprise gave me more and more better soldiers until cold just sell the building and put something producing. I then learned about the Market. figuring out here and there , where it also became pretty useful, while I don't have a 500k city, I enjoy the game, and there are other fun things to put your time into also that.

DeletedUser6328

Hi!

I'm sure some of you know the scenario.. You're being plundered again and again by the same guy(s) and it's getting tiresome. The attacks is not so much a worry as you understand their craving for PvP but that 8 hour production you've had running while at work or asleep is plundered when you come home or wake up and it's frustrating.

I'm a very active player and I check my productions and such as often as possible, but there's always the fear that it won't be enough. Could it be possible to create non-PvP neighborhoods and opt to relocate there? Would others have interrest in this? That way those who wish to play a peaceful city-sim can do so and the PvP minded will also likely encounter more fellow PvP happy players instead of ganking through a list of 40+ newcommers beating them right back out of the game.

Anyways thanks for reading and please leave feedback if you want =)

The best thing to do is first try to message him and ask him to give you a breather, you understand he likes the war aspect, its part of the game, but good sportsmanship is also part of it. Attacking you is fine, I just ask that you not plunder a building of mine I put 300 gold/300 supplies and 8 hours into producing, and you got 20 gold... find the cheapest building is all I ask Ill even build u a special one that you can plunder. If he insists on still harassing you, then just ignore it. Join a guild, that is a big help in curbing attacks, and having ways to trade, will help you grow. ook on the name plates of neighborhood players that are more advanced than him, friend them and get them to go pick on him a little, or join a guild where they help their members out with goods to grow. def. start building every goods building in each era you unlock by research, and then by negotiation you can take over territories, and they give you the bonus material to.

I found that what worked best is you spend resources on the quickest route to taking over territories. in each era until you uncover both of the bonus materials to produce goods. 3x3 building pretty much are the best per square production of supplies. I always set them to either 8 hours or 24, and some times just let some supplies and gold accumulate, over a while just check it and gather, and reset, focus on research paths that get you deep into a eras, goods builds you need, and unlock land space, as the area you can build is more production. Soon you will be much better

DeletedUser

that seems like bizarre advice to give someone who is worried about plundering Scottsdesk.... That strategy requires them to rely even moreso on goods. Also, are you telling them to build all 5 goods buildings for each age?

DeletedUser

What's really frustrating is being plundered daily by someone two tech trees up from you, you can't defend and never will! In real life if a civilization is attacked continuously by a stronger one, eventually their tech will increase faster than the attackers as they struggle to defend and as they capture weapons, the game SHOULD be weighted toward the defenders, NOT the attackers so is totally unrealistic.
I believe the defender should get a free tech say every tenth plunder, that would even the play somewhat!

DeletedUser

what is a real life example of that happening? It didn't really seem to work out too well for Native Americans (N. and S. America) or Africa.

DeletedUser17220

10 plunder for a free tech? if that's true i will delete my defense and ask everyone to attack me lol..

Attacking you is fine, I just ask that you not plunder a building of mine I put 300 gold/300 supplies and 8 hours into producing, and you got 20 gold... find the cheapest building is all I ask Ill even build u a special one that you can plunder.

the attackers don't get 20 coins from plundering, they get the goods you produced from your building

DeletedUser9756

Can't forge of empires put players that are not plunders in hoods with likewise people and people who are warlords into hoods with warlords? It would balance out the game greatly

DeletedUser7223

This scenario is getting very very tiresome .
If you dont want to be plundered . Time your buildings so they dont get plundered . Join a guild that Motivate daily (motivated builds cant be plundered ) .
This is a game of war at the end of the day . If you dont like it . Leave .

DeletedUser13805

the best advice i can give to anyone who is getting beaten up by much stronger players is to put in 1 spearman in defence and let them lose out on points in the rankings and if everyone in the same hoods who are weak did the same thing then the leaders would soon start complaining as they would lose out on points and watch others who dont plunder get more points from there hoods : ) thats the only way to stop it in my view

DeletedUser

Bide your time, you will eventually catch up, attack him with the correct units & then plunder. Then he will stop. Really is the only effective way imho.

DeletedUser17220

Bide your time, you will eventually catch up, attack him with the correct units & then plunder. Then he will stop. Really is the only effective way imho.

After the new merge, i'm in the same hood with a guy ranked 10 in the world.
it is kind of disappointing to think that the only possibility to beat him is to get all three lvl 10 attack boost GB and build a PE army, which is definite not going to happen easily in the near future. and even if I manage to do that, there would be nothing for me to plunder for revenge since PE buildings are usually all motivated and top player don't rely on goods production buildings. what's more, if I choose to build PE army in my city, I would not be able to win the PE tower anyway since he is too crazy about pvp and i can't afford to spend all my time just to compete with him...

so in short, this is not effective for me and actually i don't see much hope for myself in accomplishing anything great any more in this game (actually my city has nearly remained unchanged since the new merging system took effect:rolleyes:)