• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Moving neighborhood to end the plunder?

DeletedUser

the point system now is only a benchmark of how actively the player is killing everybody in his neighborhood... especially when u reached colonial age b4 anyone in yours, it will be a massacre that easily let u shoot up in rankings... but how long do u intend to do that bloody carnage that isn't any bit of a challenge? i find the NPC army more challenging, but that is only myself... i am the crazy one out there that is ok with players putting 2spearman defence, and even more welcome players changing defence daily to give me casualties and a challenge... but that's the old days of fighting, now i am more or less a retired farmer too... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Welcome to the forum Bella :-)

As Wilberham points out, grouping top players together would enable them to gain a lot of points in a very short time. Most (if not all if i think correctly) will be higher 'aged' players, they will therefore gain more points from each attack than you ever could at say Iron Age. This will put a very big score gap between higher players and lower players, and there will be no way of ever catching it. By keeping neighbourhoods mixed with low level and high level players it actually enforces some balance by limiting (somewhat) the amount of points that can be gained by PvP for the higher level player.

excellent wording of the previous point and i agree 100%

DeletedUser

they will therefore gain more points from each attack than you ever could at say Iron Age
They already get more points from each attack than you ever could at say Iron Age.

This will put a very big score gap between higher players and lower players, and there will be no way of ever catching it
This is based on the assumption that the current system allow you to do catching up... While most of us think of score as indication of how much time you put in. The only way you can catch up with higher level player(who is earning more coins per buildings and more pvp per battle) is by putting much more time into the game than he does... thus the only way for you to catch up to someone who is on top and swing 80 battles is for him to go inactive or you being very lucky at ending up in better hood than he does...

By keeping neighbourhoods mixed with low level and high level players it actually enforces some balance by limiting (somewhat) the amount of points that can be gained by PvP for the higher level player.
All it does is emphasize luck and artificially limit the higher players, rather than focus on making the game more enjoyable to everyone.

p.s.
Please check out this somewhat different suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The view from one newbie's keyboard....

I have despised so-called 'PVP' since my days as a beta tester of Ultima Online. The response to a whiner like me has always been "... it's part of the game!". In the case of FoE, this apparently is true - so I say that making it possible for thieves to profit from beginners and non-combatants is a fail on the part of the designers.

I am new here and so far I am enjoying the gameplay. However, in my mind, this is another game where one has to waste many hours of their time playing to defend their little empire against thieves (PVP'rs) instead of building the play world they imagined when starting the game. That said - in my experience, any move made by game designers to balance thieving from building has lead to separated game worlds. A bustling, often boring world where you play against the GAME versus a practically silent world inhabited by a few players whose primary aim is to kill the other guy and take his stuff. I had thought that the "PVP Towers" were there to satisfy the urges of the predatory. Now I see that attack and plunder are considered perfectly valid options to cooperative play, namely motivating and polishing. Okay Innogames, but why are players allowed to steal from those who have zero chance of defending their holdings? Have you worked out how many potential new players leave the game entirely instead of trying to find a neighborhood that will allow them to advance?

Me? I will continue to play because you've got me with the technology tree and I actually enjoyed the Easter "event" silliness. BTW - Why Isn't it possible to booby-trap my vineyard?

MANY have said to me - "Relax, it's just a game". To which I respond - "Exactly, so why sit there with your mouse and keyboard and CHOOSE to be a griefer?". Neighbors - I will never plunder you unless you do it to me but in order to play this game it seems that I am forced to attack to get expansion room. Good Luck and have fun.

DeletedUser

This game is pretty tame compared to a lot i have played where people can take your stuff. I personally dont mind it when ive been plundered by higher age/rank players as when i finally got to return the favor i found it very satisfying. Its been stated alot in this thread in how to minimize the damage done to you from plunderers, but i think what your after is a seperate server where there is a no plunder rule.

@Gorodish Understand where your coming from about early UO, had to of been the roughest game ive ever played online, i enjoyed it thou, and wasnt a pk except to the pk'ers.

DeletedUser8510

I do not understand how everyone keeps equating ranking points with strength. Ranking points show nothing but activity. I have people in my hood that are 100k below me and I cannot break them. They are ahead of me on the tech tree and have higher lvl great buildings but are still 100k points below me because they are not pvpers. In this game you can "catch up", the tech tree ends and there is only so far you can advance. Just because I have pvped the entire time to build up more rank points does not mean you cannot break me or defend against me.

On the plundering note. It would take at least 3 people to plunder just 1 building 3 times if you are doing 8 hour productions to make the building useless. That's 3 people to incapacitate just one building. If you are running 4 hour times it would take 6 people (assuming you never sleep and reset every 4 hours) to incapacitate just 1 building. Obviously the numbers rise the shorter your times are. So your telling me you have enough people plundering you daily in an at max 80 person hood that you would as an adult or young adult walk away from something you enjoy enough to debate over?

DeletedUser17058

Welcome to the forum Bella :-)

Hi Mike

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I have read much of the forum and I am now playing a different game, I call it cat and mouse, the repeat offender can keep attacking but they will get nothing to plunder. I was being attacked and plundered everyday by the same player and diplomacy and negotiations did not work. There is a 50,000 points difference between us. I use to build and expand the city but now I am building defenses instead and all my production cycles are synchronised and attached to an alarm! :-D Much like my life outside this game. Love all the positives of this game like sharing, trading, motivating and helping others. But at times as others have said one player can take all the fun out of this game.

C'est La Vie.

Bella

P.S. Still think that FOE should introduce the united nations to help those who cannot defend themselves against the big guns...hehehe

DeletedUser

So, Bella, your whole strategy is about reacting to one solitary other player, who at most can plunder a tiny amount of your goods? If that floats your boat then go for it. I get raided by lots of people more advanced than me. It does not bother me. C'est La Vie. And don't forget Joie de vivre!

DeletedUser17456

Can someone confirm if you get points for plundering?

I didn't used to plunder but someone in my guild said you get ranking points for plundering...

As a suggestion, if you DON'T get more points for plundering, some may stop doing it (unless you only defend with two spear fighters, in which case you deserve plundering..).

DeletedUser

You don't get points for plundering, you get points for attacking and collecting coin (i think it's 1 point per 300 coin collected)

DeletedUser17456

Thanks for the reply Mike, what do you mean by "collecting coin", when I plunder I usually take gold / coins so does this mean I get points (for that) or not?

DeletedUser

You gain 1 point for every 300 coins you collect. therefore, if you collect, say 80 from a chalet. Plunder 4 chalets and you will gain 1 point onto your player score. (you may gain a point after 3, depending on how many you have collected since your last 300....)

DeletedUser17456

Ah, so they were correct, plundering does gain me points (as long as I take coins)...

Thanks for clearing that up for me Mike

DeletedUser17456

So.... Even if a player is not really "into" plundering it's advantageous to do it, one could say the rules in fact encourage plundering!

DeletedUser

Score wise, those who live by the sword forge the greatest empires. However, you can choose both path as long as you don't worry to much about getting #1 you can have a lot of fun either way.(I am pacifist of a sort)

DeletedUser17954

I have read your comments and I agree with Bella, and an excellent comment from Gorodish. I have a problem with this particular guy that has started a personal vendetta for some reason. Now, I don't mind my houses to be plundered or even supplies, but goods? I suggest there should be no option to plunder goods. This is particularly malicious. It stops you from progressing in the game when you cannot unlock further research or start a trade. And how can I compete with somebody if they are probably constantly sitting in the game at home on benefits while I go to work. So a lot of people quit cause there is no point... I despise also when there is something personal about the attacks. It's not even PVP, its finished at the mo, so it's just done to ruin the game for me.

DeletedUser

just come on now to collect my stuff,1 limestone in 2 days due to plundering is not acceptable, so why has my building been plundered AGAIN yet there is nothing in the Event report to say it has.

I have to agree here, there is someone in my Neighbourhood who has 90k more points then me and a fair few ages, that just plunders everyone, because they can, i do not see why someone who is many ages ahead can should be rewarded for crippling people, since neighbourhoods were merged there are now 2 people doing this.
I have gained ONE limestone in 2 days I should have had like 12, this isn't helped by:
Plunders AFTER collecting (i clicked it with the box there, why is there now a lightning bolt, thats rediculous).
log on today to find NO new event reports, yet Limestone is again plundered.
this is the cause of a lot of problems in the game, newper players won't stick around if they can't develop. PvP game or not, there has to be a line drawn.

DeletedUser12183

just come on now to collect my stuff,1 limestone in 2 days due to plundering is not acceptable, so why has my building been plundered AGAIN yet there is nothing in the Event report to say it has.

I have to agree here, there is someone in my Neighbourhood who has 90k more points then me and a fair few ages, that just plunders everyone, because they can, i do not see why someone who is many ages ahead can should be rewarded for crippling people, since neighbourhoods were merged there are now 2 people doing this.
I have gained ONE limestone in 2 days I should have had like 12, this isn't helped by:
Plunders AFTER collecting (i clicked it with the box there, why is there now a lightning bolt, thats rediculous).
log on today to find NO new event reports, yet Limestone is again plundered.
this is the cause of a lot of problems in the game, newper players won't stick around if they can't develop. PvP game or not, there has to be a line drawn.

Hmm, well you do have a duty of responsibility to try and ensure you can collect your goods before they're plundered.

DeletedUser

I have gained ONE limestone in 2 days I should have had like 12
should have been 12...? Why on earth are you producing a material that you don't have the goods deposit for (on continent map) This in itself is a silly move. Furthermore, if you choose a production time wisely you can collect it before it's plundered. if you can only guarantee logging on once per day, then a 1 day production is best for you. ok so you could do 3 8hrsm but if your not logging in in time to collect it then your actually worse off.....