• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there everyone. This is a feedback thread for this announcement. Please do have a read and let us know your thoughts!

Malynn

Corporal
I have nothing against short video ads. Most free software, games, apps etc. contain ads. Software companies have to earn Revenue somehow to continue developing and improving games. Yes revenue can be earned from players purchasing diamonds and other items, but those purchases are strictly optional.
I just hope that any ads used are thoroughly checked and work properly. Too many times have I come across ads which freeze and result in having to reboot the game. This becomes really annoying and frustrating.
I would also like to suggest that when players visit the Friends Tavern, the first “tab” they see is the Tavern Room (left tab, working left to right) as it always was. Not as it on the Beta Test, the Tavern Boost the first “tab” you see (furthest right). It is illogical in the western world to work right to left.

Zzzzzzz...

Private
Let's just see whether these ads prove to be just as "optional" as incidents, the tavern, GE etc. etc. all proved to be after a few short weeks...

As in, "of course you don't have to use / do it, but then you won't be able to finish an event" ...

zrzka

Private
I am courious why I had video ads implemented moth ago? (Dont play on beta.) I hate ads. I try it once and game was not able to return back from video ad. Dont see any positive.
Interesting think is that on mobile for geting reward (something like daily quest) I must see ad but on computer version it is colection of one coin, dont think that actions are similar, colection of by add blocked incidents is also on computer version without ad.

To Malynn: Sure, that first tab in Friends Tavern is that which give you opportunity to see ad. But positive is that you can without watching ad click on tavern room or tavern schop.

Puablo

Corporal
Why not give us one option ..... either switch ads on or switch off (like other items already in game). To me it is something else to 'click', and before we know it it will be click click click - just like fighting. One on/off switch would suffice.

C.Kowalski

Private
I would also like to suggest that when players visit the Friends Tavern, the first “tab” they see is the Tavern Room (left tab, working left to right) as it always was. Not as it on the Beta Test, the Tavern Boost the first “tab” you see (furthest right). It is illogical in the western world to work right to left.
I agree - it has been really irritating emptying my tavern since this feature appeared. It fills up about as often as the instrument appears and requires an extra wait and click to empty each time.

Also preventing the new incidents from counting against quests because it makes them too easy ought also to apply to the new daily quest as it makes the "complete 1 or 2 other quests" also so much easier

suethegreat

Captain
Kudos to anyone managing to play FOE on a mobile, bad enough on a laptop :) In the write up it was mentioned that those buying in game 'regularly' would not be inflicted with ads but still get rewards. Is this quantified or computer monitored? This may help newer players that tend to make more purchases to aid game playing.

Get rid of those silly ads. Make it even for everyone. Not fair that (some) mobile players have to watch ads and browser players don't have to.

Why the waiting time to Aid All? Why the counter? Why not just instantly? Any technical issues with that?
Nice with a list of rewards at the end though :-)

Ironhead44

Private
As if the lag in this game wasn’t bad enough. This billion dollar software company’s greed has no boundries and is ruining this game. Why not try to find ways to improve the game instead of just lining your pockets.
I’ve bought a few diamonds in my time playing this game but I promise I’ll never give Inno another cent.

(IE: fix the damn spell check in this stupid forum)

An Hobad

Private
So, here's the thing: once I've clicked on the video and watched it, I have no need or desire for the video icon to continue to be displayed over the tavern icon. Also, when I enter the tavern, I do NOT want to have to take the extra step of leaving the ad page for an ad that I've already watched to access the other two tabs. Do you have any idea how often we use those tabs and why your persistent ad, that we've already seen, blocks our access and ticks us off? If you're trying to drive people away from your game, this is the way to achieve that.

C.Kowalski

Private
All these features have been on the browser version for a month (with no ads) and if I could turn them off and go back to the previous scheme I would. I certain;y wouldn't watch an ad for something that already annoys me. Aid All was almost a good feature but it doesn't visit the Taverns too so I still have to go along the FL anyway - which takes that same time as the oh-so-slow Aid all function so where's the gain?

An Hobad

Private
hey, after playing your stupid ad my screen went black. all i get is the background music but i can't access the game. way to go. you've killed the game.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
seriously, if you don't get rid of the crap littering my screen, i'm done. you're discriminating against ipad users, plain and simple. who paid you to do that?
Well, since you can see for yourself, when updates are made, many more updates are needed for the Mobile only platform, which shows that it is much more costly to keep around. And since FoE was primarily a computer/browser game that was adapted for mobile use, it makes full and complete sense that the mobile users should be 'invited' to pay extra for the ability for the mobile to still be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.