• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Message Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97409

Proposal: Adding separate tabs for private messages sent to you and another tab for guild chats etc.

Reason: Guild chats clutter the inbox making it hard to find important messages that have been sent to us specifically. I personally got kicked from my guild due to this.

Details: Add two tabs in the message center, one for private messages and one for guild or multi player chats.

Balance: Will not impact on other aspects of the game.

Abuse Prevention: Unless players being able to find hate mail without fail counts as abuse I cannot think how this tweak would be abused by players.

Summary: Categorize the clutter! Any suggestions are welcome.

DeletedUser13082

+1 from me, also with a minor suggestion/add-on myself.

Personally I'd like to see more user self customisation ability. In which you could create your own tabs which you would put certain messages into. For example, I would have a tab for GvG related messages, a tab for personal messages and a tab for guild chat's and such like which I could then move new messages into as and when I need, with the original inbox being where new messages received would first go, the original inbox would be the first to appear so any important and unseen new messages would be would is shown as soon as the message window is opened :)

DeletedUser15432

I also quite like this as since the implementation of GvG the number of messages daily has increased exponentially so plus 1 from me

DeletedUser99588

+1 but to be honest it needs a complete overhaul to include subject line, folders, mailing groups and priority levels where a founder can send a message that has to be opened before other messages can be viewed. That way when a player is at risk of being removed from a guild they cannot claim they missed the messages that warned them.

DeletedUser13082

+1 but to be honest it needs a complete overhaul to include subject line, folders, mailing groups and priority levels where a founder can send a message that has to be opened before other messages can be viewed. That way when a player is at risk of being removed from a guild they cannot claim they missed the messages that warned them.

Nice idea, effectively turn it into an E-mail inbox, would make it far more efficient and easier to keep track of things. Also the ability to bring up a page of all players with multiple tabs, one for guild players, one for friends list, one for neighbourhood and one for global (with a search feature also). Would make it a lot easier to send to multiple people than currently having to type them all out with risk of multiple names being misspelt etc

DeletedUser

+1 from me. Currently with every message going to the same place I often get lazy to read any of the mail since most of the time the guild messages don't affect me. Having them in separate places would really help out a lot.

DeletedUser

Yes could be tricky, +1 from me though for friend guild and hood tabs.

DeletedUser14782

One more +1, just because of the fact that the message centre is way too cluttered, especially in a big guild like the one im in.

DeletedUser

Original idea is unnecessary, particularly considering inability to solve the above.

Why is it unnecessary? One of the major problems with the message centre is the fact that all the message come into the same place, and a huge amount of them are guild messages of varying importance. It is pretty easy to go through deleting all the 'spam' or less important messages and inadvertently delete the one important one before you've got time to stop. Some sort of filter or tab system to provide a degree of order would be very much appreciated.

+1

DeletedUser97409

My original idea simply detailed separate tabs for guild messages, group chats and messages addressed directly to the player. I do not see how that would be so hard to implement. It is essential because at present the inbox becomes cluttered very quickly. That may not be problem if you log on every day but what if you could not log on for a few days.
You would return to an inbox full of irrelevant messages and most probably miss the one or two that are addressed directly to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Several posts in this thread have now been deleted or edited as they were non-contributive and/or contained personal insults. Please keep posts in this thread on topic and within the rules from this point forward as this helps make the forum a more pleasant place to be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.