• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Memo or Notes Section to Track Personal City Plans

DeletedUser98974

Apologies in advance if this has already been suggested.

I would like to know if you plan to add a feature to the game whereby a player can keep track of their progression plans for a city, i.e. a sort of memo or notes section. Given that there are many ways to progress a city it can be difficult to remember what your current plan is for a city at any one time, especially if you play across many different worlds using different platforms to access FOE.

For example, if your focus at a given time is to progress the Tech Tree or unlock a particular Tech. Or maybe it's to search for particular BPs by donating FPs to other players GBs or maybe you intend to level up one of your own GBs to avail of a particular award bonus.

I find that it can take me twice as long to achieve certain goals within the game purely because I sometimes forget what I was doing the last time I visited a city or I become distracted with something else when i log on. It would be great to be able to leave myself notes within the game that I could refer to as I access my cities across multiple devices. It doesn't appear to be possible to send yourself a message so as to keep track on the messaging system. Nor does the Guild Forum seem like the right place to do this.

Thanks for your time.
Squa

DeletedUser6838

Idk, sounds to me like another window that pops up each time i log in, will get reaaaaaaaly annoying reaaaaaaaly fast, specially if you play in more than 1 worlds, also i don't really suffer from short-time memory loss

DeletedUser98974

It doesn't need to be a popup, just an area you can go to in order to keep track of your city plans. Even just add an extra tab to the Message System would suffice.

DeletedUser98974

Thanks for that Vesiger.

I'd prefer something inside the game that only I can view/edit as needed

rjs66

Lieutenant
the game is played on computing devices ( pc , smartphone, tablet) - they have note taking applications available
or
send a message to 2 players (so you can add a title) - go into the message admin and remove both of them
you can now reply to the message and keep notes there, (just update it at least once a month so it doesn't get deleted)
or
pencil and paper (advantages)
you can look at it without blocking parts of the screen
you can update it offline if you think of something
it doesn't drain the battery on mobile devices