• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Medal quest exploit

Surge

Brigadier-General
If they still exist then they weren't fixed :)

Mind the "quotation" marks.

And now I'm starting to see maybe this isn't such a huge issue as I thought it would be. I never even knew you could get that many medals with Chateaux L.10. I still think it is some sort of an issue.

DeletedUser653

Medals were ruined in this game the day they stated giving them out with Deal, when that happened players were getting more medals in a week from Deal alone than I got from winning 6 towers. After that it all went down hill and the value of medals as a form of measuring PvP skills has gone.

Now medals only mean expansions and have nothing to do with fighting :(

but on repeatable quests, they have always been around and if you find a way to maximise your medal gain by building 18 slingers then good luck to you

Surge

Brigadier-General
So... moral: Hate Inno. Again... as if they didn't get enough flak.

This entire game was ruined for a while. Why would they release GvG when it was still broken?

DeletedUser96844

I think people get so hung up on the medals issues.

Yes people bought masses on the soccer event.
Yes people are doing looping quests to farm medals.
Yes it gives a ranking system in the game for medals acquired.

I got medals from the soccer event. I have Deal producing medals. I have several victory towers still giving me more medals on Dinegu. I cannot get anymore medal expansions at the moment until INNO brings out a new age.

I still do PvP and GvG ... not for the medals, but because winning battles boosts my global ranking, which is the primary ranking people should be looking at.

You could be number 1 in the medals ranking with 1 million medals, but if you are not collecting coin, supplies or battling...you global ranking could be pathetic.

Medals give you a chance to expand your city footprint .. nothing else.

Boost your coin and supplies production with relevant GBs ... same with attack / defence. Crack on with the fighting and see who has the better global ranking.

DeletedUser96901

Medals give you a chance to expand your city footprint .. nothing else.
that is more than the global ranking give you :rolleyes:

that ranking give you only the "nothing else"

which is the primary ranking people should be looking at
why ?
because it is the fighter and diamond player ranking ?

that ranking is pathetic

people buy diamond buildings --> more points in the long run because they are more effectiv
people fight more --> more points

but does that really matter ?

what can you do with those points :confused:

They released GvG to make people (supposedly) happy.
they released it to make money :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
True but I think it was also to give end of tree players something to do while waiting for next era.

So why was the ME map released a few weeks after the start of the ME update but the PME map came with the PME update immediately? Devs realized that people would love to shell out cash to be in first place after they had time with GvG. No end-game catering to be found.

DeletedUser2989

So why was the ME map released a few weeks after the start of the ME update but the PME map came with the PME update immediately? Devs realized that people would love to shell out cash to be in first place after they had time with GvG. No end-game catering to be found.

Well when you think about it if they did delay the release of the PME map then they'd have to guess when people were done with the tech tree (assuming they wanted to make it exclusive for end of tech tree entertainment). By releasing it right away they don't have to guess when people are done and they are not forcing people to wait, lets face it some people just can't wait to jump in.

So really when you look at GvG as a whole it is hard to say it is exclusivly done for 1 reason or another.

I'd say your end of game content would consist of, PvP, GvG, rank competition, repeat quests and guild management. All of those contain opportunites to spend money on the game but they also exist for those that have finished with other parts of the game (such as the tech tree and continent map).

DeletedUser96901

if you compare ME and PME GvG don't forget the most important fact
in PME your guild could get hundreds or thousands of goods on the first day without using diamonds

that wasn't possible in ME :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7719

And you needed to donate units to place a siege when the ME started too ;)

(lol, took me awhile, then I just noticed that the Observatory and Atomium came out after the ME GvG map was introduced)

The Tominator

Sergeant
I gave this topic some more thought, and realized that many of the claims here have been incorrect. I don't know if it is because of ignorance or exaggeration, but some people have overstated the efficiency of repeatable quests. I would like to explain exactly how much effort it does take to earn medals this way.

The first thing you need to know is that diamonds and medals are not in fact possible prizes from repeatable quests. There is one possible prize, which produces medals exactly once and then produces only medals. The probability of getting that prize is about 1/15. This means that earning 155 medals requires 31 medal rewards and one diamond reward, which means about 480 quests total.

The second thing you need to know is that you don't need to train just one spearman and slinger for each quest. You need two of each. The quest is in fact to build four of each, but you can already have two ready before accepting the quest. If you have three or more ready of either, the quest is not offered at all. This means it is impossible to repeat the quest every two minutes, since it would require 60 slinger ranges. If you have 18 slinger ranges you can repeat the quest about once every 7 minutes.

The conclusion is that getting 155 medals requires about 480 * 7 minutes of work, or about 56 hours. Given just five days that is an incredible effort, and there is no way I will believe any bronze age fighters spent more.

you are completely wrong...the idea is not to just get medals but the rewards also give goods, fp packs, bps and heaps of coins and supplies...I have 20 slinger ranges 2 spear barracks it takes 1 min to do a loop quest ...the reward is random...server began less than 2 weeks ago ...I have over 1500 ba goods 72 fp packs my zeus is lvl 5 open to lvl 12. I have babel even though its not up ..thanks to these loop quests ive stayed in BA ,used my spears and slingers all the way into ema map with the help of my zeus and goods. unlocked all expansions upto hma. sometimes in the 10 repeat quests I do an hour I can get upto 3fp packs and 4x5 medals...all rewards are completely random and not 1-15

DeletedUser96901

all rewards are completely random and not 1-15
every random reward has his probability :rolleyes:

in case of medals 1/15

this doesn't mean you get medals every 15th quest

sometimes in the 10 repeat quests I do an hour I can get upto 3fp packs and 4x5 medals
that doesn't change the probability of 1/15

that is something called variance :rolleyes:

so if you make 150000 quests you will be near 10000 times (+/- a few percent) where you got medals
(variance still exists in 150000 quests but has much less influence than in 10 quests)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
you are completely wrong

I don't see anything wrong about what I wrote - except my mistake in saying one prize produces medals once and then only medals, that was of course supposed to be diamonds once and then only medals. The rest of what I said about how much work it takes to earn medals from repeatable quests was to my knowledge completely accurate.

There is a contradiction in your post however. If you do 10 quests an hour, which is just possible with 20 slinger ranges, it obviously cannot take one minute to do a quest, it takes six. It was because of claims like that that I wrote my post in the first place.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Ah, but if he's only BA he must have negotiated them, as M Archers are most awkward (especially on the boosted A/D expansion sectors) - even with level 5 Zeus.. I know because I'm facing them with IA units and not having a good time of it.

DeletedUser6065

Ah, but if he's only BA he must have negotiated them, as M Archers are most awkward (especially on the boosted A/D expansion sectors) - even with level 5 Zeus.. I know because I'm facing them with IA units and not having a good time of it.
Can we possibly kill this thread? It's been done to death . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6065

Again, can we kill this thread? We are now so far off topic, it is not even funny (pathetic, but not funny). Even the OP states this is pretty much done. Where are the mods? . . . mk