• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Make the Friends Tavern upgrade every age, and not just a few.

• Thread starter DeletedUser115381
  • Start date

DeletedUser115381

As the title says, it won't really do much but add aesthetic, but I think it would make it fit in more with your age.

Agent327

Overlord
Who cares?

Should the devs really be bothered with these things when there are still important bugs to take care of?

DeletedUser112745

Can’t hurt. Might help add a bit more immersion. Doesn’t change the gameplay. Pretty things are nice to look at.
+1

Emberguard

Legend
Dynamic Tower. If I'm after a specific age the quicker I can determine the age of the city I'm in the less wasted time there is. Town Halls can be moved anywhere and tend to blend in

Agent327

Overlord
Dynamic Tower. If I'm after a specific age the quicker I can determine the age of the city I'm in the less wasted time there is. Town Halls can be moved anywhere and tend to blend in

City age says very little about the buildings in it. Only thing you can be sure of is you will not find buildings of a higher age.

Emberguard

Legend
Exactly my point. Saves a lot of time hovering over all the different shrines of knowledge only to then find they're not even high enough an age to possibly have the age I'm looking for

Agent327

Overlord
Exactly my point. Saves a lot of time hovering over all the different shrines of knowledge only to then find they're not even high enough an age to possibly have the age I'm looking for

I am in VF. Have shrines going back to progressive, but not one in VF. You would still have to hover.

DeletedUser115355

+1. I don't see why not. My tavern looks a little out of place compared to the rest of my city, if the devs have time for this then it'd be a nice update.

DeletedUser99588

Who cares?

Should the devs really be bothered with these things when there are still important bugs to take care of?

Do you really think that the same people that try to fix bugs create the images/artwork?

DeletedUser109475

For a man of a certain age and country or residence I wouldn't mind if my tavern had a stage and Hot Gossip doing a routine or two under the disco balls.

Agent327

Overlord
Do you really think that the same people that try to fix bugs create the images/artwork?

No, but do you really believe that changing an image through the ages only needs artwork? Do you think those artists will change it for you manually????

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
I have to be honest and say that I´d rather see 2-4 types of Watchfires that fit several ages. The old ones works well in the low Era´s – but they do not work well beyond Industrial Age (With the funny exception of OF where the color scheme sort of blends in with the rusty and primitive steel buildings).

because I´d rather see something else updated before the design of the Tavern.
– If the Taverns at some point gets another functionality added whatever that might be, then It woudl perhaps be the right time to update the Designs.

But I´m getting off Topic here...Sorry

DeletedUser99588

No, but do you really believe that changing an image through the ages only needs artwork? Do you think those artists will change it for you manually????

lol, the coding will be like a building block with logic applied.

pseudo code: If age="whatever" then tavern= "image_xx". (this isn't how they would do it just an easy example for the eye)

The code already exists for the town hall. But yes someone does have to spend their tea break doing it.

Personally I'm indifferent about the idea.