• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Make Great Buildings support rewards available to Guild members only.

DeletedUser276

Let me see if I can clarify a little bit.

You want friends and guild mates to get the blue prints from rewards for the leveling of the great building. But others can swoop in and steal them by donating as well. Its like a competition but not restricted.

just having friends and guild mates gain access to your great buildings severely limits the gb in the game. So try to get as many bp as you can without having others take them.

later on when guild wars starts you will want as many bonus's as you can without giving your enemies those bonuses. They will rob you.. steal from you... plunder you. It will be player battle extraordinaire with the winners getting great rewards "never seen before".

DeletedUser

How about the 90% of us that don't really want to fight?
They are outvoted by the 91% of us that do. (We can all make up statistics)

My first thought is to wait and see what Guild wars brings to the game. The thread theme is about denying non -Guildies the right to win the competition for one of the top 5 contribution spots. To that I say, if I have a Great Building I will take all the fp's I can get from anyone who will contribute. If you want to win then do the math and make sure you contribute enough that you cannot be overtaken.

DeletedUser

They are outvoted by the 91% of us that do. (We can all make up statistics)

My first thought is to wait and see what Guild wars brings to the game. The thread theme is about denying non -Guildies the right to win the competition for one of the top 5 contribution spots. To that I say, if I have a Great Building I will take all the fp's I can get from anyone who will contribute. If you want to win then do the math and make sure you contribute enough that you cannot be overtaken.

I completely agree with GrossEyeEh.
Anyone willing and able to contribute forge points to a GB should be able to. Those guildies who want to have it easy... well, easy is boring. Just get the calculations going, choose your timing correctly and you should be able to stay on top in the rankings. -1 for the idea from me.

DeletedUser

+1 from me - especially with the introduction of guild wars on the horizon. I would much prefer the bp's for donation to my gb went to other members of my guild to increase our overall strength. This idea makes a lot of sense.

+1
If indeed the guild wars idea was implemented then i do think that Great buildings should be exclusively for guild members and friends to support only. I believe this should be the case as military boosting Great buildings should be protected so that other guild members aren't able to obtain them as quickly. I find that military boosting buildings are the most important for the player who wishes to advance their ratings and compete in the PvP tournament towers for medals.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

Personally I am happy with the way donations work currently. If guild members want to prevent someone else from getting those rewards, they can always just donate more forge points to secure the top spots. More people that can donate to a building means more competition and is overall better for the person with the building (getting it up faster).

Drama-Queen

Corporal
If you were to "stick" to only Guild donations, your Guild may end up with many of the same GBs and in a week you will not be receiving many FPs to move your GB up. I know that many FPs comming to my GBs are from "friends" and relatively few from my neighboors. There are just not enough FPs to go around even in my rather very good Guild.

DQ

DeletedUser8813

I believe like others if the guild wants to keep the blueprints in the guild then all they have to do is be the top donators.
in my case most of my guild arn't interested and wont donate till they get to the end of the tech tree.
that means my gbs would be sitting there unbuilt for weeks.
most of my fps come from neighbors and people who befriend me to donate.
so i am happy the way things are .

DeletedUser14782

-1 i got my first gb when i wasnt in a guild. That was a huge accomplishment, and the gbs were in my neighbourhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

-1 for this idea, if it was not for friends and neighbours, most great buildings would not achieve their true potential. Also, what happens when you leave a guild and join another guild, even if the guild is the senior guild in a partnership of guilds, this idea would automatically exclude the people in the lower guild from donating to the building that they have already invested in

DeletedUser12400

-1 for this idea, if it was not for friends and neighbours, most great buildings would not achieve their true potential. Also, what happens when you leave a guild and join another guild, even if the guild is the senior guild in a partnership of guilds, this idea would automatically exclude the people in the lower guild from donating to the building that they have already invested in
I couldn't have said it better myself.

DeletedUser96901

being in a guild is optional
with that idea people were forced to go into a guild

and btw:
friends are higher in ranking than a guild member (more important: or whatever you want to call it)
you can freely choose your friends but you can't do that with every member in your guild
like in real life: you choose your friends but not all the people you work with

so if you limit the donation then to friends only
and if you want a guild member to spend then make him a friend

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

-1 to this as I don't like how the setting is forced on, I'm fine with friends or neighbors getting the rewards.

(note this brings this to a net -11 position).