• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Make Great Buildings support rewards available to Guild members only.

DeletedUser9807

Proposal
Supporting Great Buildings with Forge Points should be for same-Guild members only.

Have I checked for similar ideas?
Yes. Can’t see anything.

Reason
There has been a lot of discussion in our Guild since GBs were introduced, concentrating on 2 main points:- 1) resentment that top rewards for supporting are going outside the Guild; 2) concern that the GB development as it stands has upset the balance of the game, by favouring those at the end of the tech tree, who are by definition the most powerful players. I remain CONVINCED that the process has not been well thought out, in the sense that it is clearly damaging to Guild morale. For those of us further down the food chain than those at the end of the tech tree, spending FPs on GBs is effectively stunting our development in the normal flow of the game. That's why my strategy after the latest level of Assanna's GB has finished will be to concentrate on playing as though GBs weren't there, take only whatever BPs come my way via support/plunder and not spend any more FPs supporting Guild GBs in the hope of winning rewards that way. Net result is that the Guild loses. Personally I think that supporting GBs should only be open to Guild members in the Guild where the GB is, and if some game players aren't in Guilds - hard luck! Rewards from supporting GBs should be one of the privileges of belonging to a Guild.

Details
Only members of the Guild in which the GB is being built can use FPs to support the builder.

Visual Aids
None

Balance
Would take the heat out of the scramble for GB rewards, and would enhance Guild loyalty and activity. Players who do not belong to a Guild would be encoraged to join one and the whole Guild structure would be strengthened and gain more credibility.

Abuse prevention
It creates a “closed shop” environment, but operates equally in favour of all guilds.

Summary
A change that would address what seems to be a growing perception of unfairness in the GB process.

DeletedUser4089

This would be unfair for anyone not in a guild, or not in a large guild, or in a guild with no diamond players(so no GBs yet)

Not a fan of this.

DeletedUser7798

+1

Restrict good changes cause diamonds are game-breaking? We know that already. This is a very good idea to actually balance it, a little.

Being in a guild is supposed to be a advantage over not being in a guild...
<snip> Ugh why do I bother. Your gonna hear crying over diamonds until the end of days. Funny part is, diamond players are the ones who will quit the game first due to a vast advantage, zero competition and 100% accomplishment. While the common player still have a years left before building second GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

+1, but with the exception that this "guild only GB" must be reset after every level-up, so if a non-guild player donates FPs, that level of GB is open for everyone.

DeletedUser

Let's not forget that a lot of ideas are popping up about GB. Many of them are fruits of impatience or conclusions taken from trends in a very short time. This is similar to the i-phone release. People were queuing, bringing tents and even cooking dinner in mobile stoves outside of apple stores, just so they could be the first or couldn't wait.
It would be hasty to suggest hiring extra security guards for the whole year, based on what you see in the first days. Just the first week is a bit crowded and it goes to normal business.

It's only been less than two weeks since GB came out. With an average of 2-3 GB/per150 players (80 in guild + 70 in hood) it means 50-75 players competing for top5 in a building.
Give it a month or two. By that time, the GB will have been multiplied like mushrooms to the point where there are so many GB that it will take ages to level them up. You would be lucky by then to have 5 players donating in one building
I can see how in a month or two, ideas about encouraging neighbors to donate FP will be proposed.

For those of us further down the food chain than those at the end of the tech tree, spending FPs on GBs is effectively stunting our development in the normal flow of the game.

I made a post in my guild about members at the early stages of the tech tree to fight the urge to have a GB at the cost of not progressing anymore.
I have finished the tech tree and i have nothing better to do witht hem than donating on a GB. But i remember when i was climbing my way up, i was not going to let a single FP go to waste. I could use in the tech tree every FP i was getting.

So, yes the GB are a big thing and it makes sense to me that building one, is for the strongest and richest. Smaller players should be concerned with first becoming strong and rich, then about getting a GB. Same path the more advanced players had to go through.
I see in my guild (average guild point is 110K+), players of 30k points donating every single FP to a GB, hoping to get some BP. They even buy FP to compete. These players, are still running on clayboard houses,while half the guild is done with CA.

It makes no sense to stop growing so you can get GB now. And for that reason, i don't think your argument about your idea is very solid

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do think that GB should be available for everyone, not just for people who have guilds. If it is just for guild members (since you need them to build it) it would be a guild feature - which was not plan for our Game designers.

DeletedUser4800

+1 I agree with this as well. Why should someone from another guild come and support someone for their benefit and get the same GB as the enemy player of the opposing guild?

DeletedUser

-1 for sure, it's a bad idea. What about guilds without a strong diamond player? What if all the diamond players just formed their own guild(s) to prevent others from getting blueprints? Also the smaller players you speak of would feel more pressured to donate to the guilds great buildings, as guildies would be your only option to level them up.

DeletedUser4800

-1 for sure, it's a bad idea. What about guilds without a strong diamond player? What if all the diamond players just formed their own guild(s) to prevent others from getting blueprints? Also the smaller players you speak of would feel more pressured to donate to the guilds great buildings, as guildies would be your only option to level them up.
That would just mean the GB are a terrible design as they are and would force the developers to fix them.

+1 on this idea again.

DeletedUser3315

+1 from me - especially with the introduction of guild wars on the horizon. I would much prefer the bp's for donation to my gb went to other members of my guild to increase our overall strength. This idea makes a lot of sense.

DeletedUser4202

+1 for me - GB should be restricted to guild members. Enemies should not be allowed to contribute to ones GB no matter what.
And it would increase guild cooperation and encourage members to join or form a guild with someone else.

DeletedUser

-1, Bad idea.

I want to help friends - whether they are in my guild, friends list or neighbourhood.

DeletedUser7137

It's almost the same as polishing/motivating your neighbors. Everyone in the neighborhood get the right to polish/motivate their neighbors. The same as contributing to Great Buildings.
I'm in a small guild in one of the servers, and if we just have our guild mates to contribute to the Great Buildings, it'll take months to make it to a decent level. And without the rewards, no one outside the guild would be willing to contribute the forge points. If your guild mates want the reward to themselves, then let them contribute more forge points. Don't complaint about other players getting the reward if you just contribute small amounts of forge points. Contribute more, then the reward will be yours.

DeletedUser7719

I would rather have an idea in which you can donate one forge point (a day) for 50 gp in a guild. It would give them more of a reward and would be another guild help

DeletedUser

+1 I strongly agree with this idea. Why should we have to compete with players from outside our guilds? Because they don't want to spend money we are suppose to help them? Yeah right, If I'm spending my hard earned money on getting Great building's, I should be entitled to having the guild only option. Also there is certain guilds that I despise on my server, I hate for any of their members getting rewards off my GB's

DeletedUser

Donating GB must be ONLY INSIDE GUILD.
Don't forget that i have option to buy BP for diamonds. And what happening? I am paying money, after that cmming any outlandish, donating building and getting blueprints for free? Nonsense. We have very good support system and don't need donating from outside...

DeletedUser

As much as i would like to +1 it being the founder of a large guild. I will say -1, because this will make big guilds dominate the server easily. This feature risks breaking the game balance.

DeletedUser

+1 for sure...

i dont want one of my enemies donating forge points to me and stealing rewards from my fellow guild members...