• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Limit the people within the neighbourhood that people can attack

DeletedUser

You can complete most of the provinces in the world map up to near the end of HMA with archers... I've been there and done that (without an offensive GB). Similarly, you can use catapults to compete against HMA troops.

Anyway, the whole point is that a player in CA will defend with CA units and a player in IA will defend with IA units - so if you set up the PvP competition so that it encourages players to compete in the appropriate tower then a CA player will use IA troops to attack an IA player. I'm not seeing the issue with whether the defender is at the start or at the end of the age - especially if the system is designed to encourage players to attack the most powerful defenders of that age.

Regardless, neither of your ideas promote this behaviour which is why I do not support them.

If you have any further suggestions then please feel free to make them and I will read them (and if they have any validity then I'll comment) but so far there has been no support and I feel that any further discussion will get me nowhere so I'm going to let this thread be.

DeletedUser

well..when a number 1 player in a neighborhood constantly harrasses a lower players because his military might is huge,it wont be long before the frustration causes a dropout of the new players....no new players...no one to bully/plunder...poof no players.I like the idea of attacks/plundering,part of the game.And I know the moderators make fun and laugh at the new guys who complain.How are we to obtain higher worlds,if harrasment is allowed?Why cant a 24 hr.plunder time be started?We cant help our friends in 24 hrs.....if you saw my record....all the way down...total red by the same 2 guys...why is it a "be plunderd and like it" mentality?

It differs per player. We all had to go through it though. However, personally I barely noticed any of it. Because I (was able to) collect my resources in time.
Eventually, as I progressed, I just set up certain defenses that caused so much damage to my opponents, that they just refrained from attacking me. Because even if I lost, they had to retrain and be pushed back several hours, and I lost nothing, because there was nothing for them to plunder, apart from a house maybe.

But the mods are definitely not laughing and making fun of new players. Most of us are merely saying "collect your resources in time and there's nothing to plunder."
This is just how the game works. If you don't tend to your town, you're gonna have to face the consequences. Whether it be through plunder of spoiling.

Personally I even came up with an idea to keep new players from being plundered: Newbie Plundering Thresholds
So no, we're not against new players, but you simply can't blame other players for merely playing the game and using features that are available to every player.
If you allow them to plunder you by not collecting in time, it's hardly their fault for doing it.

- L