• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Limit the people within the neighbourhood that people can attack

DeletedUser

Proposal: I suggest limiting the number of people a player can attack within their neighbourhood. Each player within the neighbourhood is ranked and I suggest limiting attacks to the 5 players above and 5 players below. (For players in the top/bottom 5 rankings it would just be the top 10/bottom 10). The 10 would exclude guild members. 10 is an arbitrary number. The suggestion still works if it's 8, 12, 14.... whatever.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Not that I can see

Reason: There would be three advantages I can see to this.

~Players will only be fighting against similar oppenents. The advanced players will be fighting themsleves at the top of the table and the new players would be fighting amongst themselves at the bottom of the table.

~Rankings would not end up being a competition to see who can be bothered auto-attacking all 80 players is the neighbourhood. It also means progression would be a bit slower. People would creep up the rankings over days instead of blasting to the top instantly because they auto-resolved 70 battles (pretty much what I did on day 2 and am now ranked #1 in neighbourhood).

~Because guild members are excluded from the 10 it would mean each player would get 10 neighbourhood battles per day even they have a high number of guild members in the neighbourhood. This would prevent non-guild members in that neighbourhood having an advantage.

Details: None

Visual Aids: None

Balance: All players would be on the same system (10 battles/day)

Abuse Prevention: none required

Summary: None

DeletedUser653

No,
The game is heavy on its advertising about attacking other players and any more loss of this function (massive loss due to GB medal awards!!!) will really kill this game off and make it a "Forgeof''SIM'empires".

so my votes no.

DeletedUser

10 more balanced battles (again - 10 is arbitrary, make it 14 if you want) against neighbours is still plenty. The 60 auto battles against the 60 non-players in each neighbourhood does not add anything to the game. Additional PvP could still be added in other ways such fights between guilds. This suggestion focuses on neighbourhood mechanics.

I can imagine it would be frustrating for new players to find that overnight all their big ticket production was stolen by the players at the top of the neighbourhood ladder.

DeletedUser

i will assume you get plundered (is that a word?) alot since you are asking to limit the attacks/day
i for one attack everyone in my neighborhood for pvp points and if i get some plunger on the way thats fine

attacks cant hurt you! not collecting in time will hurt you by letting others take it from you
there are players that dont pvp at all and they figured it out the timeing so they will not lose anything
so my vote is no

DeletedUser

Only being able to attack 10 people would be a pretty unfortunate change in my opinion. There are already players that complain about only having 40-50 neighbors and they wish they could interact with more.

Don't forget that being attacked actually causes you no harm at all-- there are many people that don't decide to plunder everyone they attack. And as is often mentioned here, if you pick up your collections in a timely fashion, there is nothing to plunder even if someone wanted to. Plus lots of people seem interested in other, less aggressive ways to interact with neighbors too.

DeletedUser

No - I have hardly been plundered at all.

The problem is - unless most neighbourhoods are very different from the 2 I'm in - are that most battles are auto fought. 80 auto-resolved battles is not fun for anyone. Dont get hung up on the 10. Make it 20 if it works better.

Any game that ranks pvp awesomeness as a person who can be bothered spending an hour a day fighting 70 auto-resolved battles has a serious mechanic flaw. pvp should be against other people that are actually trying (and at a similar level) otherwise it is pointless and the results mean nothing.

If you reckon that removing a large number of auto-resolved battles per day will make things 'boring' then you have a skewed idea of fun. Dont get me wrong - I think this game is great and has loads of potential but allowing people to attack 80 people when 40-50 of them are non-players is pointless.

DeletedUser8813

yes i agree terrible idea ..for many of the reasons already stated.
it is a feature of the game my hood is now at 42 and that is not enough..some of the lower players give me better scores than my direct neighbors .. they only put up a default defence ...

so a big no to this idea

DeletedUser

Out of curiosity - 42 players in the hood is not enough for what exactly?

Remember - this idea would actually help you as other players in larger neighbourhoods would not gain an advantage.

DeletedUser8813

Out of curiosity - 42 players in the hood is not enough for what exactly?

Remember - this idea would actually help you as other players in larger neighbourhoods would not gain an advantage.

to attack its what this thread is about..you want us to only attack the top 10 and as i answered i have only 42 and that is not enough..its a very boring hood
its the players choice to auto finish a game .i rarely auto finish

DeletedUser

Would people please stop quoting 10. As mentioned over and over and over and over again - the number is arbitrary. 10 obviusly gets people all riled up so think 20.

I would be very surprised if you took the time to play every single battle against the default defence provided by the numerous inactive players. Even if you did, a 8 vs 2-3 battle is not exactly nail biting nor does it give any indication of pvp prowess.

DeletedUser8813

Would people please stop quoting 10. As mentioned over and over and over and over again - the number is arbitrary. 10 obviusly gets people all riled up so think 20.

I would be very surprised if you took the time to play every single battle against the default defence provided by the numerous inactive players. Even if you did, a 8 vs 2-3 battle is not exactly nail biting nor does it give any indication of pvp prowess.

ok the whole idea is for me wrong 10/20/30 it makes no differance there is a potential hood of 80 so i wish to attack all of them..its not about prowess as you say because you only fight the ai comp it is about medals and xp for me anyway.
so by saying only a set amount of attacks count would not stop the attacks on the rest of the hood

DeletedUser

It would make medals/xp a better process as people would no longer gain an advantage simply by being in a highly populated neighbourhood.

DeletedUser

This a little bit like my suggestion (click here); however, it is a lot less flexible (but easier to code).

Let me just point out a small scenario: Imagine a neighbourhood with 40 people in it. The top 10 players in the neighbourhood all have colonial age defences of 8 dragoons (5760 points for defeating without loss) and the other 30 players all have 2 spearmen (216 points for defeating without loss). [Yes this is a made up example but it illustrates the point nicely.]

If you can attack 10 players closest in rank to you then:
  • Players ranked #1 to #6 can attack players #1 through #11 and get 5760*9+216*1 = 52056 points/day
  • Player #7 can attack players #2 through #12 and get 5760*8+216*2 = 46512 points/day
  • Player #8 can attack players #3 through #13 and get 5760*7+216*3 = 40968 points/day
  • Player #9 can attack players #4 through #14 and get 5760*6+216*4 = 35424 points/day
  • Player #10 can attack players #5 through #15 and get 5760*5+216*5 = 29880 points/day
  • Player #11 can attack players #6 through #16 and get 5760*5+216*5 = 29880 points/day
  • Player #12 can attack players #7 through #17 and get 5760*4+216*6 = 24336 points/day
  • Player #13 can attack players #8 through #18 and get 5760*3+216*7 = 18792 points/day
  • Player #14 can attack players #9 through #19 and get 5760*2+216*8 = 13248 points/day
  • Player #15 can attack players #10 through #20 and get 5760*1+216*9 = 7704 points/day
  • Players ranked #16 to #40 can only attack players with default defence and get 216*10 = 2160 points/day

So, although this example is very contrived, you see the point that under this system a players points would be limited by his immediate neighbours and if someone was progressing through the ranks and suddenly found that their neighbours stop playing and put on a default defence then their progress is severely hampered.

It is equally possible that a large majority of the top players decide to opt for a default defence - in which case those lower in the rankings could progress faster while those at the top can be hampered in their progress by other player's choices.

(Note: I understand that '10' is arbitrary but having 10/15/20 still raises the same issues when you get a clump of players with the basic defense in the same neighbourhood.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9759

I have a counter idea, keep neighborhood fighting as is. However, ADD world ranking combat! So now you can attack everyone in your neighborhood AND the 50 players above and below you on the server wide rank (minus guildies/friend/neighbors).

This would let people the invest the time rank up FASTER but make them do so by fighting more challenging opponents.

DeletedUser

I have a counter idea, keep neighborhood fighting as is. However, ADD world ranking combat! So now you can attack everyone in your neighborhood AND the 50 players above and below you on the server wide rank (minus guildies/friend/neighbors).

This would let people the invest the time rank up FASTER but make them do so by fighting more challenging opponents.

Make this a separate idea thread.... (rather than hijacking another idea).

However, it does not solve the problem that a person in a neighbourhood of 40 players and a person in a neighbourhood of 80 players can gain points at different rates through no fault of their own (down to the luck of the neighbourhood size and the defences put up by their neighbours). It just means you get to attack more.

DeletedUser

Good post Martynius. It makes a great point. I think a good solution would be to limit a persons neighbourhood attacks per day to 20 or 30.

It would:
~Prevent the number of players in a neighbourhood significantly affecting pvp outcomes
~Allow high level players to attack lower level ones if desired (as you say - some other high lvl ones might just leave default defence)
~Encourage High level players to polish lower players while using their attacks for higher level ones
~Eliminate the need to auto-resolve 20-30 battles against low level players
~Allow low level players to attack higher level players if they want to
~(Hopefully) Be simple to impliment

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

well..when a number 1 player in a neighborhood constantly harrasses a lower players because his military might is huge,it wont be long before the frustration causes a dropout of the new players....no new players...no one to bully/plunder...poof no players.I like the idea of attacks/plundering,part of the game.And I know the moderators make fun and laugh at the new guys who complain.How are we to obtain higher worlds,if harrasment is allowed?Why cant a 24 hr.plunder time be started?We cant help our friends in 24 hrs.....if you saw my record....all the way down...total red by the same 2 guys...why is it a "be plunderd and like it" mentality?

DeletedUser8813

well..when a number 1 player in a neighborhood constantly harrasses a lower players because his military might is huge,it wont be long before the frustration causes a dropout of the new players....no new players...no one to bully/plunder...poof no players.I like the idea of attacks/plundering,part of the game.And I know the moderators make fun and laugh at the new guys who complain.How are we to obtain higher worlds,if harrasment is allowed?Why cant a 24 hr.plunder time be started?We cant help our friends in 24 hrs.....if you saw my record....all the way down...total red by the same 2 guys...why is it a "be plunderd and like it" mentality?

its not that they are laughing ..but this has been stated all over the forum.
where do you think us that are at no1 started out..?..it was not at the top.
we got bashed and bashed and plundered like any new player.
but the difference is we learnt...how to play.
we learnt to plan our goods and resource production so it was ready when we were online.
we learnt... ok its frustrating to get attacked all the time ...but in the big picture you lose nothing in the fight ..nothing is destroyed.
then we started to grow our cities and armies ..the attacks become less and less and soon you are the one attacking and plundering those that did it to you.
every one can make it you just have to want to.. and be patient..learn the strategies needed to advance..build the armies you need to defend..
a lot will tell you that by not putting up a defence will stop the attacks ..this is wrong.. most will still attack and then plunder because of this...
now that i have said that i am number 1 in my hood i worked hard to get there..yes i spend money on diamonds but i still had to work hard to get to the top.
i attack everyone in my hood most of the time ..i plunder those with no representative defense ..and leave the rest with only an attack loss.
i dont consider myself a bully.its part of the game and i do it for the xp it is not personal.
all this i have said many times