• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Lighthouse of Alexandia feedback

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I got into it with support, because I pointed out that the info is incorrect.
They trying to tell me I can make a suggestion or provide feedback and I could not convince them that the info is simply incorrect.
It says. " Goods production: Produces xx unrefined goods needed to produce goods from the current age" also on the picture it says "They are needed to produce current level goods" Not in my age !
In many of the ages, no unrefined goods needed to produce current goods.
So the statement is not correct.
For ages now, I'm just collecting and not realized that it produces useless goods.
Is there any more point to have it ...... maybe that is another discussion, but it should read, "produces unrefined goods for ages when unrefined goods are needed" ..... the rest of time it just makes old goods.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-10 214038.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-10 214038.png
    633 KB · Views: 11
This is not complicated....

The Lighthouse of Alexandria (in common with other goods producing Great buildings) produces goods of one's age until the Progressive Age. No trick there....

From the Modern Age onwards unrefined goods are produced.... Unrefined goods are goods produced by the age which is three (3) ages below one's current age. In my case, being in the Modern Age, Colonial Age goods are produced.

And yes, if one has Modern Age goods buildings in one's city then goods from the Colonial Age are required to make Modern Age goods... In my case I produce so many goods from the mechanics of the Chareau Frontenac and to a lesser degree from special buildings that I actually do not have a single Modern Age goods building in my city!

The "unrefined" goods produced by LoA and others are NOT useless! You really need to do your homework....

Nidwin

Sergeant
The statement is correct as explained by Tony.

As the point to have LoA or not it truly depends of your gameplay and your need for supplies. If you also continue to produce current age goods with the classic good production buildings those unrefined goods from e.g. LoA are extremely important because you will run out of unrefined goods at some point.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I'm assuming OP is in a space age where they are completely right, the wording is wrong for space ages, you don't require these goods for own era production and they're mostly useless.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I'm assuming OP is in a space age where they are completely right, the wording is wrong for space ages, you don't require these goods for own era production and they're mostly useless.
Thank you ! Tony says it's not complicated but clearly he doesn't understand that the information given is only true for some ages. So misleading.
It took me an extra age to discover this because I believed what it said. "they are needed to produce current age goods".
Has nothing to do with game play or other attributes of this GB.

Those unrefined goods ARE REQUIRED by current age goods buildings... as well as coins and supplies from the Modern Age onwards....

How has this got "nothing to do with game play"? I am scratching my head here...

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Those unrefined goods ARE REQUIRED by current age goods buildings... as well as coins and supplies from the Modern Age onwards....

How has this got "nothing to do with game play"? I am scratching my head here...
that's all true until Mars. from modern age onwards.... it does what it says, UNTIL MARS. The space ages DO NOT use previous era goods, they use special goods you have to mine on the continent map plus coins and supplies to make current age goods. The old GB descriptions were never upgraded with the change in mechanics for the space ages.

All it needed maybe was to add another caveat, from Modern onwards it does blah blah blah, and from Mars onwards: this GB produces goods from 3 ages before your current age, for no apparent reason LOL :lol:

By the way it is not ONLY Lighthouse that has this issue with becoming obsolete, after aging up to mars I deleted several GB's within about a week: Babel, Dresden, St Marks, and Lighthouse, because I had kept them mostly for producing unrefined goods and at the point of aging up to Mars they all began making Arctic goods which I didn't need at all and neither did my guild for treasury. We only need FE and below, like everyone, because the All Ages map uses medals and from Arctic onward, goods sit around gathering dust by the millions in treasury.

We only need FE and below, like everyone, because the All Ages map uses medals and from Arctic onward, goods sit around gathering dust by the millions in treasury.
Everyone? Only very few guilds play GvG. Many guilds are active in GBG and GE though, and if they have guild members from Arctic onward, they need treasury goods from those higher eras to unlock GE levels and build GBG buildings.

Emberguard

Legend
This is one of those things where it was correct at the time of implementation, but subsequent mechanics use them in a different capacity or phase them out

The developers would know it's an issue by now. It's been brought up many times since the introduction of Space. It's possible other things have taken priority over changing the description. Or they may have decided it's not worth the trouble changing it, and then testing to make sure whatever they come up with is better suited than the current descriptions

All it needed maybe was to add another caveat, from Modern onwards it does blah blah blah, and from Mars onwards: this GB produces goods from 3 ages before your current age, for no apparent reason LOL :lol:

Yeah..... I think changing the descriptions to account for Space would need to take a different approach from just adding every possible caveat / mechanic change to a description. Trying to describe every possible scenario tends to make descriptions a lot more confusing than if the wording was more refined.

Personally I wouldn't touch the descriptors for Bronze through to Virtual Future. They work for those Ages just fine. So they could add a description that displays in Space Age Mars - Space Age Hub as "Produces X unrefined goods from 3 ages below". That'd make it more to the point for Space Ages

Here's what we have now for reference:

Bronze - Progressive Era description:

image.png

Modern Era up description:

image.png

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I couple of things
Not sure about deleting the GB as who know when they bring back the need for unrefined goods.

To say that even it's not correct, just leave it or we don't have time to change one line is sad.
I don't need more reason for the change needed than the few people insisting the unrefined goods are needed because they are mislead.

Is "produces unrefined goods for ages when unrefined goods are needed" would not solve the problem ? Instead of having different messages in different ages ?

You keep trying to say tht unrefined goods are not required!!!! They are!
Every time you go up an age you need goods from previous ages going right back...
Not mention the need for goods in the guild treasury at every age....

It just seems to me that you are not doing your due diligence...

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
You keep trying to say tht unrefined goods are not required!!!! They are!
Every time you go up an age you need goods from previous ages going right back...
Not mention the need for goods in the guild treasury at every age....

It just seems to me that you are not doing your due diligence...

It seems to me you're looking at it from one angle and aren't at the space ages or anywhere near, nor willing to look for others perspective. BTW the initial post was primarily about changing the wording in the gbs rather than the use of goods.

End game or sitting at the end of eras is slightly different.

1 new era released every year, It takes roughly a month to do all the techs etc, then it's just collecting/storing goods for the next 11/12 months, 50/100k of each good stored up.

Then the next era same again after 12 months, 50/100k of goods

And again next era release same again.

At this point assuming you hardly ever negotiate and mostly set up for attacks so don't have much any use for them as they're not used for producing goods anymore, not that anybody builds goods buildings anyway . You're sat with..

Current era - Still collecting
Previous era - 50/100k of goods
Next previous era (The one the gbs are kicking out - 50/100k+ building up more stock from gbs.
Era before that - same again loads of goods with no use.

Now you could go down the 'but you can give the goods to the guild argument' the guilds are flooded with some of these goods as the game enders have sat in the guilds for 12 months collecting high arcs and various buildings sending them to treasury so why use so much city space on gbs to provide something to the guild that isn't running out any time soon? doesn't sound like the goods might not have as much use as you're making out does it? is constantly storing something that you can't use but anything but useless?

Emberguard

Legend

Yes. Have you looked at the pattern for what goods are required from Arctic Future through to Space Age Titan?

• Bronze - Tomorrow Era
    • Current Age + Next 3 Ages.

• Future Era
    • Current Age + Next 2 Ages

• Arctic Future - Titan
    • Current Age + Next 1 Age
    • Special Goods from previous Space Ages consume Medals to be produced (not normal goods)
    • Current Space Age Goods production consumes Special Goods (not normal goods)

It's not an issue of whether we can find a purpose for the goods, as you said there's the Guild Treasury. The issue is the unrefined goods are 3 Ages back, and a Space Age city simply doesn't consume goods from 3 Ages back for the regular Goods production. So the description is describing something that was last used in Virtual Future for regular goods production, and Space Age Asteroid Belt at the latest for Special Goods production on the Oceanic Terminal.

Sure Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal still consume regular goods, but once you're in Space Age Venus and above you're never going to get Arctic or Oceanic goods anyway

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Tony seems to be hard to convince.
I did need oceanic for Artic Harbor for Titan, but LHA makes Virtual future goods.
Would be interesting to be able to pick and age and LHA would make those goods needed, but as Forwandert said, this was about the misleading info we get when looking at LHA description.
thanks