• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: JSON gateway error + server error plus generally not logging me on.

DeletedUser6717

i,m getting json messages too and internet goes off and i have to repair the connection every time

DeletedUser276

as stated this is in the report stage and is in que to be fixed.

DeletedUser

Yes, it needs fixing because it is also linked to very slow performance. After a couple of months with near perfection I just tend to log out. Even that can take up to a minute whereas a couple of weeks ago and ever since I started the game in July, it was pretty much instant.
SgtJimbo

DeletedUser14145

Would like to add more details regarding the error on top of the original post. Yes, I know its on the queue of bugs to fix, but for me it is getting worse and worse everyday. It used to happen maybe once or twice a day, then every hour to 30 minutes, and now it happens every 2 minutes. Sometimes 2-3 times in a row (you have to reload or re-enter game 3 times before json error or server error goes away).

World:
Brisgard
Browser and Version: Firefox.

Overview of the bug:
Bug especially occurs when rearranging buildings in your city the json error ("Failed to open connection to JSON gateway") will pop up (after moving 2-5 things, more if I'm lucky) and when you hit OK, it will reload the game.
Also occurs when motivating others cities, I would be able to do about 5 usually before json error pops up and makes me re-enter game. When collecting goods/coins/supplies, occasionally mid-way through collecting the json error will pop up and again, reload the game. Making me have to collect the stuff all over again because it failed to communicate with the server that I had already done so.

It also occurs mid-way through battle, you move a troop (at some random point in the battle), and it will pop up the json error, make you reload the game, and you would have to hit continue combat. When you win, it would not give you the rewards automatically (from the map) until you hit the map and return to that region again to gain the rewards of the won battle.

When it gets especially bad (2-3 json errors in a row), I have noticed the chat is disabled (when you re-enter game), saying I have firewall or bad internet up (even though that has never happened before, until this json error started showing up).

Sometimes after hitting OK on JSON error popup (which causes game to reload), another one will show up IMMEDIATELY after the game finishes loading. After hitting the popup OK button again, it sometimes shows a white page with 502 bad gateway. This causes you to have to reload SEVERAL times before being finally able to play the game (well until another json error hits you and makes you reload again).

Urgency: Making game unplayable and very frustrating.
Preventative Actions: Nothing seems to help prevent it from showing up.

DeletedUser

JSON gateway error and server error

World: Cirgard
Browser and Version: Chrome

Last five days this error killing me. Please fix it...

DeletedUser12086

Dior Aranel Eluchil,

Please could you provide information about where you are receiving the errors (and which kind of error). This may be prove to be helpful.

DeletedUser

I try to explain, my English is bad. So please understand. Erorr occurs to me when I motivate or polish buildings of other players. It also erro occurs to me when I get into my building or going to attack other provinces or players. Error is not constant, but rather every few minutes.

DeletedUser15550

Crash happens every now and then. I dont get any error message. Nowadays, I keep an eye on the task manager, whenever I sense that the game is slowing down and sure enough, the memory being used (by chrome) is well over 1 GHz, at which point I kill the process and everything is back to normal. I like this game ( the Task Manager game!!)...not!

DeletedUser

I could have sworn I saw a post in game a few weeks ago acknowledging a problem with getting a lot of JSON messages, and a promise that the issue was being worked on and would be fixed. We continue to receive JSON errors. Exactly when are you planning on resolving this issue???

Amy Steele

General
A little extra info that might be useful - I don't get this error often, but when I do it is always (so far as I can recall) when I have a less than perfect internet connection - as illustrated here

Snapshot_2013-09-23_130730 JSON error after new event notification - showing poor signal strengt.png

This particular occasion it happened when I clicked to view a new event notification, and it was followed immediately by a flash crash - though this may just be coincidental.

Last edited:

DeletedUser98542

I was getting this error in the US server and is now fixed there, now I am getting it in the UK server and I have no problems with my internet access at all.... I have a screenshot of the error I am getting while trying to scout a new area. FOE.jpg

DeletedUser97018

i get a black screen after every 5 mot/pol or so
and refresh
using chrome now, as i found somewhere in this forum it might help
it didn't
but what is worse, now after a black screen when i refresh i get a BLACK SCREEN
it's annoying
just now it happened 3 times! in a row!
i'm going to sleep, maybe tomorrow will be better.................

DeletedUser1899

wow it's now 11/10/13 STILL getting the message "failed to open connection to JSON gateway". I have read the post here and ALL I see for over a year is; we going to fix it. well when? I'm run on a new laptop (less than 3 months old) using 8.1 win,Google and Comcast 40 megs (no lag, except in this game). please fix the bug.

DeletedUser16026

It is not necessarily the same bug just because the error message you see is the same. There are only a few error messages that are displayed, yet the issues/bugs behind it can be countless. You may want to add where and when ingame you're receiving said error, it can help find what exactly your particular issue is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Also, it would be best to start a new thread if the reason to why this message pops up is different from the OP's