• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

It is all about the money (diamonds)!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1468
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1140

ANNNNND who is twisting your arm to do so? Seems to me the best course of action since it is all about the money would be DON'T PAY....I know, it is a personal choice. :D

No one is twisting my arm. I thought this was an open forum where people were allowed to state their opinions, within reason and without obscenities. Seems you think the only opinions that should be here are your own.

DeletedUser276

Everyones opinion is welcome... so long as its done in a non insulting way.

To state about this thread....

yes it is about the money. Innogames is not a charity and they give you a game to play and IF you choose to pay to play thats your decision. Just make sure you play for a bit without paying to get used to the gameplay and how things work. When you log into ingame you are made aware this is a beta by the load screen so expect some bugs and errors to crop up. Over time this will be corrected.

If you dont pay to play again thats your decision and we thank you for at least playing the game and contributing to the community of Forge of Empires.

As for forum postings please keep them in a cordial manner. Just because you play ingame and feel you have been slighted by the company somehow doesnt mean to tear into the mods or staff to the game. Most of us are innocent bystanders doing our best to keep the gears moving. Also paying to play does not give you title to think your above other players. Just please be respectful of each other and the people who slave on here and you should get the same thing back. ozog I am sure Dom didnt intend to get across for you not to post... she was just talking about a solution to the issues as she sees it.

DeletedUser643

wWell banksters are asking money for an unfinished product,this has a name HOLD UP.

DeletedUser

I like this game. If I can support it by buying the occasional eye-candy, and simultaneously improve my in-game prospects, I think that is a fair transaction. <on soapbox> As for all those that moan about paying real life money, for an improvement of their virtual experience, then I think they are missing something. That is what we all pay for, all the time, in the real world. Try flying to the Carribean for free, or staying in a 5 star hotel, or generally doing anything enjoyable, anywhere, for no cash at all. It won't happen. Even your favourite girl-friend expects to be wined and dined. So, get real, stop complaining, get on your bikes, and go and earn the money you (think) you need to get the best out of your on-line experience. </off soapbox>

DeletedUser

I was about to pay for some to get past some tech choke points. I figured $20 is not so much, and I can buy some ....

Ah! That's 1/3 the price of Diablo III!!! I would think for the Beta they would offer us a discount.

But what really gets me, and you guys may know the answer: After Beta is over, what happens to them shiny rocks? Do we loose all we payed for?

DeletedUser

My guess is that these two worlds, the beta worlds, will continue until their natural obsolescence. Once we are through the beta stage, new worlds will open up. I expect that beta diamonds will stay valid on beta worlds, but that if you open up an account on a new world, you will need to buy new diamonds. That's guess work though. I am not often wrong, but when I am wrong, I tend to be absolutely wrong!

Best wishes, 2RM.

DeletedUser65

After Beta is over, what happens to them shiny rocks? Do we loose all we payed for?

Arvahal and Brisgard will become international servers 1 and 2 respectively, the preview world of Durnasund will become the 1 and only beta then , this will be used to test new updates etc.. before they are released on the normal worlds.

you will lose NOTHING, notice on the lad screen it says forge of empires beta, when the beta is over you'll log in and play as normal but the beta will be missing from the load screen, and hopefully we'll be a few diamonds richer as a reward from inno for our hard work testing ;)

DeletedUser1294

I was about to pay for some to get past some tech choke points. I figured $20 is not so much, and I can buy some ....

Ah! That's 1/3 the price of Diablo III!!! I would think for the Beta they would offer us a discount.

But what really gets me, and you guys may know the answer: After Beta is over, what happens to them shiny rocks? Do we loose all we payed for?

Why are you comparing a browser game to a CD-Multiplayer game?

DeletedUser

Why are you comparing a browser game to a CD-Multiplayer game?

Because the monies I pay for them are the same. We can do a $ cost per "hr of fun" breakdown analysis but doing that would take years off our lives ;)

DeletedUser1294

I can compare a painting to a fan or a garden umbrella and pay the same amount of money for them, you can't compare such..
Get my point?

DeletedUser

They are both games, are online, take a lot of time to play, easy to start but hard to master.

Both require a decision as to if or if not I should spend my $ on them. Your implication that they are not similar at all is oddly random, how many points of comparison do you need before you can compare?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fact is, we all make, all the time, decisions about economic utility. (ie, the max happiness for the min £). We should be used to it. We should be good at it. But, at heart, it is not a rational decision, but an aesthetic one. To derogate an individuals decision about how they spend their money, therefore, is not to insult their rationality, but their very, deeper, selves.

DeletedUser276

ok guys lets keep this nice or I will close the thread and start smacking people. I would rather not do that as I like to have people discuss what they feel is important to them with impunity but stepping on other people rather quickly grabs my attention.

DeletedUser643

i shall give you an exemple of a good browser game where you can take pleasure without spending any money
*censored by Blacksmith*,most of the products of the company who owns *censored by Blacksmith* are good games and well thought,even the graphism etc etc etc
Here they think we are the best in fact you are the worst

I also have advertised other games and like any advertiser have been removed from the forums. I love Blacksmith and think he is the best and would love to clean his sneakers with my tongue. Oh mighty Blacksmith... bask me in your presence. I would love to.... to.... AAAHHH....

DeletedUser180

i shall give you an exemple of a good browser game where you can take pleasure without spending any money
Forge of Empires,most of the products of the company who owns Forge of Empires are good games and well thought,even the graphism etc etc etc
Here they think we are the best in fact you are the bestest
hey dude, can it already before you get the beat down from a freshly forged hammer....there is a rule about promoting non Inno games !!!!!!

DeletedUser

If this is the case, then WHY would you be here?

guess he's just living up to his name :D and to mr. grouchy sir, nobody's shoving this game down your throat, you don't like it? you feel more stress than enjoyment doing it? don't do it.

DeletedUser276

Well I gave a warning on this and it went unheeded. Now we shall see why Dom says I wield a hammer.

This thread is closed due to it going no where. Since I am closing this thread I am requesting that no one else re creates this thread or I will deal with them. Grouchy since you are non contributive to our threads I dont see the point in you remaining in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.