• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

It is all about the money (diamonds)!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1468
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1468

So far from what I can see, this is just another "give us your money game". I see that I even have an option to buy $103 worth of diamonds... ARE YOU SERIOUS??? You do understand that people can buy Civ IV online for $9.99 which is a MUCH BETTER GAME, never need to pay more to play that, and buy 9 of their friends a version of it, to play online as well for that price. Why would anyone pay that price for a no graphic, no action, browser based game?

Want to collect all your things at once? No problem GIVE US YOUR MONEY! Got rot? No problem, GIVE US YOUR MONEY! Can't really grow? No problem, GIVE US YOUR MONEY! Game to boring? Well GIVE US MORE MONEY!!!

It is good to see that you have an answer for everything. It is bad to see that the answer to everything is GIVE US MORE MONEY!!!

It is a shame as the game really has some potential. It is all for nothing tho with such greed linked to it. There are just so many other "give us your money" games out there to chose from. Why not make more money off more people by not trying to get rich off of each individual? Your value of diamonds are more bloated then that of real diamonds!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can't get something for nothing.

However, I do agree that diamonds are a bit expensive and overpriced.

DeletedUser1294

I agree.
This game is wholly focused on diamonds, and people who use them are technically abusing, since they have a triple~ advantage over other normal players.

DeletedUser

I do use some diamonds, not to the extreme but I won't anymore as this is becoming very expensive.

And yes, it can give quite an advantage to unlock researches, negotiate provinces, etc. But the go faster option isn't really worth it though btw. An the collect all button for 15 diamonds is a scandal.

DeletedUser

I do use some diamonds, not to the extreme but I won't anymore as this is becoming very expensive.

And yes, it can give quite an advantage to unlock researches, negotiate provinces, etc. But the go faster option isn't really worth it though btw. An the collect all button for 15 diamonds is a scandal.

It indeed is laughable, I guess some companies hope there are enough dumb customers who are willing to fall for it lol.

DeletedUser1294

I don't know why anyone would collect all for 15 diamonds.

DeletedUser

They "lowered" it to 10 diamonds today, geez, they are so good to us...

DeletedUser653

10 diamonds for 24 hours worth of collection would be about fair

DeletedUser

If you are too poor to pay for diamonds or too lazy to play without them its your problem not games. Some of you complain that diamonds are over priced, others complain that you get too much advantage from using them. Its funny.

DeletedUser

You can't get something for nothing.

However, I do agree that diamonds are a bit expensive and overpriced.

Only a bit expensive? Come on... way too expensive and way overpriced. The game is free but actually if you want to enjoy it and make something out of it, then you know the answer: GIVE US YOUR MONEY! sad but true

DeletedUser

First of all try to understand guys that this is a web game. This company is not earning money from selling their games. They selling game features, which help you advance faster in the game as all others do. I agree that the diamonds are too expensive. And because of it, I am not buying. I even do not buy premium account in TW. I consider it too expensive as well. But the company make this game to be playable for free users as well and they are doing it good. This is not a charity work! This is a bussines and it is available even for those who cant or dont want to pay for it. So if you dont like, dont play. It is the best way how you can demonstrate your disagreement. Howg!

DeletedUser1540

i must agree ... having already invested way too much RL cash into Grepolis ... i was hoping this would be at least similar but perhaps more controllably peaceful ... between diamonds for units and diamonds to get through research vs. selling off everything to accomplish one research task then go all the way back through rebuild to generate game currency ...

its just another sucker bet to get us to blow RL cash without providing any real enjoyment in the build ....

it blows at it currently operates

too bad, is an enjoyable concept but the inequities are way out of balance

DeletedUser276

as time goes on features will decrease in price. This has been discussed numerous times.

DeletedUser

Later in the game 10 Diamonds will be good, instead of clicking 500 times.

DeletedUser

They have to get money somehow, but it's the same as any other MMOB game, as you've stated, as well as Combat Arms, for example. I don't play it anymore, but NX is seemingly the only solution in that game. Contrast that with World of Tanks, for example. Sure there's premium tanks, but the BEST (I mean overpowered, as they really are) tanks aren't even the premium tanks you spend real life money on! They're the ones you get from patience, and game currency.

DeletedUser

i bought enough diamonds to buy the theatre because i had to have it. its got little people acting on the stage! :) i think the game is worth a couple of beers, you know? LAGoonia sucks, i've got fed up with it already, but this has got promise and i'm enjoying it. i think it is immature to accuse other players of abusing the game by buying premium. there is no real benefits and it doesn't slant the game over to the players that are like you know, paying for those who have it for free? the server running costs and stuff all comes down to money in the end.

and i'm extremely pleased with my little theatre, i think it's awesome! :D

DeletedUser

I think it is a good idea for FoE to offer premium only features, such as the theater mentioned above. The purpose for a company running a game is profit. They permit free play, the free vs. premium play doesn't seem that far out of whack in the current design. If players want to purchase diamonds for ease of play and some premium only buildings/options, then good for them. It means the FoE dev team in on a good financial path, plus it means the free players continue to have an online community to play in that will continually be supported and updated.

DeletedUser1688

Thats why I call these games PAY FOR FREE :p....If I woud play like those guys who spend diamonds for all I woud be extremly boring in this kind of game and all I can see like theirs advantage till now is thay are always 1st place at towers and have lots of medals....

Status
Not open for further replies.