• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is there any reason to keep Colour Guard Camp beyond EMA?

DeletedUser

Hi there.
I've got a Colour Guard Camp, and I actually used to find it quite useful. During the EMA, it would make it much more likely that my archers would kill anything else in two shots. Later on, however, I got the Statue of Zeus and the Cathedral of Aachen, and it colour guards kinda lost their usefulness, up to the point that now, in the HMA, they are basically good for attracting the enemy's attention and sucking shots.
I'm ready to delete my Colour Guard Camp, but since I'm not really struggling for space, I thought I might as well ask. Is there any use in keeping it? Is there any way to use them that I'm somehow missing, or colour guards just become rubbish after EMA?

DeletedUser

That's kinda what I thought.
Thank you for your answers, guys!

DeletedUser

I've just won a Colour Guard Camp and don't really understand their primary function and special capabilities, if any, other than having them arrayed against me in Sector battles. I was going to build the camp until I revisited this thread. I do like to have a full set of Military units though, so I'm still tempted. I'm in HMA, near the end of the Tech Tree but will not be moving up to LMA until I have fully consolidated my position, or rather believe it consolidated. Is it worth the 4x4 the camp occupies?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've just won a Colour Guard Camp and don't really understand their primary function and special capabilities, if any, other than having them arrayed against me in Sector battles. I was going to build the camp until I revisited this thread. I do like to have a full set of Military units though, so I'm still tempted. I'm in HMA, near the end of the Tech Tree but will not be moving up to LMA until I have fully consolidated my position, or rather believe it consolidated. Is it worth the 4x4 the camp occupies?
It's only worth if it actually makes your troops take fewer hits to kill enemy units or survive longer. If your attack bonus from GBs is around 15%, don't bother with Colour Guards, they are just a nice, colourful target that will last two shots.

DeletedUser107476

Color Guards best use is in GvG for Iron Age where every sector outside of HQ has 0% support. By placing one color guard in a defensive army your DA's have some sort of support.

DeletedUser

Thankyou both, I could have used them earlier on but they must have been home on Leave. Inno are strangely selective in their awards. Quickly, quickly buy more Diamonds, ha ha.

dimondus

Captain
Color guard... once upon a time I wish to build them but had no space available. Now in AFE things does not change, I still have no free space but now I'm glad I haven't built it earlier. :) Same goes for Champions retreat.

DeletedUser110503

Hi there.
I've got a Colour Guard Camp, and I actually used to find it quite useful. During the EMA, it would make it much more likely that my archers would kill anything else in two shots. Later on, however, I got the Statue of Zeus and the Cathedral of Aachen, and it colour guards kinda lost their usefulness, up to the point that now, in the HMA, they are basically good for attracting the enemy's attention and sucking shots.
I'm ready to delete my Colour Guard Camp, but since I'm not really struggling for space, I thought I might as well ask. Is there any use in keeping it? Is there any way to use them that I'm somehow missing, or colour guards just become rubbish after EMA?
It's got a dome on the top, so it looks nice placed between the Maharaja stuff and the Hagia Sophia; but apart from that…