• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is the Gondola Dock market "worth it"?

rajavno1

Private
Hi,
Fairly new player here (~60 days?) so pardon me if the question is stupid or if this is the wrong forum to post. I am playing in the Easter Event and I got TWO of the Gondola Dock Markets. First time I was elated as it was my first few special buildings. Now I feel like it takes too much space.

While 10 goods per day is a good deal. 1 forge points per day is pretty poor deal for the space it occupies (in comparison to Shrine of Knowledge or the Celtic Forest kits).

So my question is should I just sell the second one at the Antiques Dealer? Is it worth building in your opinion?

I don't see much discussion about this building nor see this in any of the cities in my neighborhood.

Thoughts appreciated.

DeletedUser12400

There are many factors like space in your town; your goods stocks ect but if you are building it then definitely to obtain goods.

rajavno1

Private
Okay sorry. I meant St Patrick's Day event haha. Got distracted by the others posts I've been reading. :lol::lol:

Emberguard

Legend
Is it worth it?

Depends on two factors:
(1) are you prepared to delete it later?
(2) do you have anything better right now that can fit in that space?

If you’re never going to delete whatever you put down, then don’t ever bother with the gondola. Trade it into the antiques dealer.

If this would currently improve your city efficiency from what you have and there’s nothing better to put down (ie you have more space available then event buildings to place) then yes it’s worth placing as a temporary building. But only if you’re prepared to tear it down later once you run out of space and have other better things that can be put down

It’s better to have a poor efficiency building then no building at all. Even if it’s not worth much it’s still worth more then nothing

rajavno1

Private
Okay thanks a lot for the feedback everyone.

Since I am still building the big ones, I am more in need of space than goods. I get 12 FP from other buildings combined. This one doesn't make any difference.

I will just keep the one that I built. Other one's going to the antiques dealer.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Nah, pretty much ALL of those multi-production buildings are utter garbage nowadays.
Only ones to really look forward and chase after are the winter event's Sleigh Builder, and the summer event's Sunken Treasure, since these both have a tiny 6 square footprint, but still yield solid amounts of goods/fp's per day.

Early game for goods production, you're far, far better off just sticking to building as many of your boosted goods buildings as possible and trading for the other non-produced goods...
Other sources early game that are great are to get yourself a Lighthouse of Alexandria GB, and perhaps a Tower of Babel (though you'll probably delete it eventually, but for now it's a decent producer @Lv10.)

The best goods production tends to come from;
- event grand prizes, especially those like the Pagoda Houses & similar which require motivation. (ie: motivated buildings can't be plundered!:D)
- Chateaux Frontenac + recurring quests (license to print goods on demand basically)
- Cultural Settlement grand prizes. Both the Yggy Tree & Shinto Temple are stupidly OP buildings, and while it's a horrible slog to get them, they're just bonkers levels of insanely good!
- GB's like St.Marks or LoA, etc... eventually they will produce 'unrefined goods' at higher eras, which will be of great value in guild activities like the new Battlegrounds.