• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is GBG a 'pay to win' game feature?

DeletedUser115340

we're in platinum. only diamond above us, and that's Mordor and Lords of War. we know the game. i've been here over 6 years.

@swanter maybe it would be better for you last season if you wouldn't have tried to team up against us ;)

And "Is it pay to win?". I wouldn't say so. If you have an active guild(s) and good tactic you don't need a lot of diamonds. And I can say for Mordor, except 2 or 3 people, we don't have players who buy diamonds and even those are not very active in GbG atm. And yes, it's possible to farm significant amount of diamonds in GbG, I got around 500 last season without even trying hard. Again, all comes down to tactic and placing correct buildings.

and monitoring doesn't help if a guild is 155/160 advances then stops. that sector is effectively locked. it's unfair to the guilds on the map, and i say this as founder of a top 20 guild.

You can always try to go after those sectors. If you are quick, you can get them. We lost few sectors when we weren't paying attention. But you can't do it if it takes you 3h to take one sector.

Last edited by a moderator:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
and where are all these diamonds higher leagues make? like every diamond giving feature, they're few and far between.

see this is where you are wrong, neither LoW or Mordor live in the game, we have real lives, other competitive guilds, managed to make us lose 150 advancements easily by gathering, and pushing forward ... from day 1 of the event your not even trying to win a sector, so what gives you justification to cry about the event and call us unfair?

KronikPillow

Sergeant
We've seen opposing guilds spend upwards of 40k diamonds a season. This, for me, makes GBG a 'pay to win' feature, from a game still advertised as 'free to play'.

who has spent 40k diamonds per season? Apoc? IU? Rogue Squirells?
sounds about right, they spend 40k diamonds per season, and end up being 3rd 4th and 5th every season :lol::lol:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
funny he talks about how FOE is a pay to win game, I'm a full free to play player, who has lots of spare time, did heavy sniping, and did heavy event participation focusing on only 1 daily reward per event and the main reward, and I achieved in 14 months, what other players in G didn't in 7 years :D in 14 months, my GBs are bigger then GBs of some top 20 players :D and I'm in top 70, my account is stronger then some diamond spenders from G world who invested thousands of euro in to their accounts over the years :) so .... pay to win? naah, it's a BOM game ... Brains Over Money

funny he talks about how FOE is a pay to win game, I'm a full free to play player, who has lots of spare time, did heavy sniping, and did heavy event participation focusing on only 1 daily reward per event and the main reward, and I achieved in 14 months, what other players in G didn't in 7 years :D in 14 months, my GBs are bigger then GBs of some top 20 players :D and I'm in top 70, my account is stronger then some diamond spenders from G world who invested thousands of euro in to their accounts over the years :) so .... pay to win? naah, it's a BOM game ... Brains Over Money
It has become easier and faster to progress in the game. What used to take years to accomplish can now be done in months.

Emberguard

Legend
It has become easier and faster to progress in the game. What used to take years to accomplish can now be done in months.
Agreed though youd think if someone started years ago they’d still be ahead of new FTP players. But perhaps newer players have more vigorous in investing

Agreed though youd think if someone started years ago they’d still be ahead of new FTP players. But perhaps newer players have more vigorous in investing
Rank points don't matter much, but i think it took me at least a year to get my first million points. That's about 5-6 years ago now. And I only had 3 or 4, maybe 5 GB's for the first year; the most important ones; Hagia, Zeus, LoA, CdM, CoA - at lvl 10 or so, max :-) Now, new players get Arc as one of their first GB's and push it to lvl 80 in a few weeks. :lol:

Oh I didn’t mean ranking. I meant growth in general
I know. Just some examples of how things have changed. Players, who started a year ago now have several of the best GBs at very high levels. They also have a lot of very profitable event buildings, because we're getting far more events than we did some years ago. But of course, old players also benefit from the easier and faster ways to grow now.

Last edited: