• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is GBG a 'pay to win' game feature?

GBG really excited at it's launch, and I still think it could be a great game feature. However, I have 2 major issues. 1, when a sector is taken to 95% advances, and left there to secure the sector for a sister guild until another guild moves on it, shouldn't there be a time limit and maybe a reduction in advances of a high % if the sector isn't taken on time? 2, should the be a cap on diamond builds per guild, per 24hr? We've seen opposing guilds spend upwards of 40k diamonds a season. This, for me, makes GBG a 'pay to win' feature, from a game still advertised as 'free to play'.

DeletedUser

GBG really excited at it's launch, and I still think it could be a great game feature. However, I have 2 major issues. 1, when a sector is taken to 95% advances, and left there to secure the sector for a sister guild until another guild moves on it, shouldn't there be a time limit and maybe a reduction in advances of a high % if the sector isn't taken on time? 2, should the be a cap on diamond builds per guild, per 24hr? We've seen opposing guilds spend upwards of 40k diamonds a season. This, for me, makes GBG a 'pay to win' feature, from a game still advertised as 'free to play'.
1) No because its about monitoring the map ...
2) Doesnt sound bad to put a cap like 1-2-3 max rebuilds per sector until another one gets that sector !

GBG in Higher Leagues gives a lot of Diamonds so you farm more than you actually need to spend so this doesnt make it P2W (pay to win)
Maaaaybe they could put a small limit in lower Leagues but they make profit of it

1) No because its about monitoring the map ...
2) Doesnt sound bad to put a cap like 1-2-3 max rebuilds per sector until another one gets that sector !

GBG in Higher Leagues gives a lot of Diamonds so you farm more than you actually need to spend so this doesnt make it P2W (pay to win)
Maaaaybe they could put a small limit in lower Leagues but they make profit of it
we're in platinum. only diamond above us, and that's Mordor and Lords of War. we know the game. i've been here over 6 years.

we're in platinum. only diamond above us, and that's Mordor and Lords of War. we know the game. i've been here over 6 years.
and monitoring doesn't help if a guild is 155/160 advances then stops. that sector is effectively locked. it's unfair to the guilds on the map, and i say this as founder of a top 20 guild.

and monitoring doesn't help if a guild is 155/160 advances then stops. that sector is effectively locked. it's unfair to the guilds on the map, and i say this as founder of a top 20 guild.
and where are all these diamonds higher leagues make? like every diamond giving feature, they're few and far between.

DeletedUser

and where are all these diamonds higher leagues make? like every diamond giving feature, they're few and far between.
Well just 10 min ago a player from my Guild made 50 Diamonds 150 FP's 300 Goods units and some Statue of Honor Fragments in Diamond League with 60 Attacks ..

DeletedUser

Its about Tactics, the Feature benefits the Faster and the Teamworking one.
Last round my Guild had 2 Sectors at 99/100 and i fell asleep and we lost those 2 plus the 2 adjusted xDD

Its about Tactics, the Feature benefits the Faster and the Teamworking one.
Last round my Guild had 2 Sectors at 99/100 and i fell asleep and we lost those 2 plus the 2 adjusted xDD
i'm 22yrs army served. i know tactics. what i'm saying is it's handing GBG to the elite guilds. same thing happened in GvG. a 'free to play' game should ensure the playing field is as fair as possible.

DeletedUser

i'm 22yrs army served. i know tactics. what i'm saying is it's handing GBG to the elite guilds. same thing happened in GvG. a 'free to play' game should ensure the playing field is as fair as possible.
Well tacticts aint hard to know, hard is to take 10 random people and make them soldiers...
Whats fair is different from each gamers perspective , Fair for a solo player is different from the fair of a Guild !
Anyway Free to Play games must somehow pay some bills so they cant be as <<Free to Play>> as they say , just saying

Well tacticts aint hard to know, hard is to take 10 random people and make them soldiers...
Whats fair is different from each gamers perspective , Fair for a solo player is different from the fair of a Guild !
Anyway Free to Play games must somehow pay some bills so they cant be as <<Free to Play>> as they say , just saying
tactics 'ain't hard' ? tell that to the 14 men i didn't bring home alive. lol. you're completely missing the point. there's nothing about game you can teach me. same as life. i'm 45 and missing half my left leg to give you the freedom to enjoy the game. please, don't ever belittle 'ain't hard' tactics. they're hard. RL or here. what i'm trying to say is GBG is unbalanced and needs more thought.

Emberguard

Legend
It's only "locked" if the other guilds ignore the sector. Doesn't work against the opponents I've faced. They still go for it and sometimes succeed in capturing the sector.

The elite are already separated from the non-elite through going up and down the leagues. It's not much different from if it were a elimination tourney it just has score keeping track of progress.

1579846466584.png

i don't see it. if a guild has partner guilds and plenty of diamonds, they can effectively buy 1st and 2nd. making GBG a 'pay to win' game feature.

DeletedUser

i don't see it. if a guild has partner guilds and plenty of diamonds, they can effectively buy 1st and 2nd. making GBG a 'pay to win' game feature.
Every Game can be P2W with the examples above, i agree that putting a limit to the number of buildings a Guild can build untill he lose possesion of a sector but i dont think that Inno would change it because 2 people made such a suggestion..
Diamonds can be bought and farmed aswell so its not that much p2w ...

DeletedUser

The whole game is pay to win, GbG is no different
Money is kind of Time ...
So if you have lots of free Time its like having lots of Money. in every game (with clans - teams) i played Donators are strong but no one is stronger than well organised Teams that can abuse even a million dollar donator SO its not P2W, its more like Weak Competition Game ...

DeletedUser

P2W definition is given to Games that you CAN'T make <<Diamonds>> if you dont give money !
Im not protecting FoE but its not the game you are Describing - Strong Guilds > 10 Donators

DeletedUser117913

I still like Gbg but the locking of sectors by allied guilds is very annoying and discouraging. I would like to see that the top two guilds on current tournaments be split up on the next tournament. That way we prevent two allied guilds of dominating every tournament. It is also easier fix than monitoring.

DeletedUser

I still like Gbg but the locking of sectors by allied guilds is very annoying and discouraging. I would like to see that the top two guilds on current tournaments be split up on the next tournament. That way we prevent two allied guilds of dominating every tournament. It is also easier fix than monitoring.
You need to be faster in Higher Leagues, and you can always have an alliance aswell !