• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is age of event buildings defined by when you win them, or place them?

Beginners question.
I am currently holding a few special event buildings won in the current Forge Bowl 2021 event, in my Inventory. Is their age defined by the age I'm currently in (Iron Age), or the age I will be in when I finally place them?
Thanks.

Andrew420

Major
They will be of the age when you won them= won in iron age building is iron age
If they are a building with upgrades the base will be the age when you won it
The upgrades will raise the building up
The upgrade will also change the age of building if you upgrade in a different age than when you won building

r21r

Major-General
fragments or kits will be the era you place them down, for example the Vineyard fields selection kit, wont be iron age if you place them down on Early Middle Age.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
OK, thanks. Very helpful. I will hold back one of the upgrade kits until I age up.
That is exactly the right way to do it - IF you are planning on aging up soon. If you are planning to stay in your current age for another month or two (or longer) before you age up however, you may want to consider fully upgrading right away - and then using the 1-up kit when you do eventually age up (so you can benefit from the added bonus/productions of the full building).
Since this is a game that is designed more towards the long term playability rather than the quick'n'short - all depends really on how long you will wait between Aging.

Thanks. Yet more strategies and decisions to consider. I started playing intending this to be a bit of fun, but it's turning into a minor (major?) obsession. Lol!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Thanks. Yet more strategies and decisions to consider. I started playing intending this to be a bit of fun, but it's turning into a minor (major?) obsession. Lol!
Similar with me. I started this game just over a year ago, because I like the City building type games (not interested in the combat side of things), and once I realized just how this game was designed with the long-term concept view, than I was able to adapt and understand better. But your choice of word "obsession", seems very much on the mark! Plus, this was a good online game that I could play at work when I wanted a few minutes rest (before IT realized and blocked it!!) - but working from home now, have more time. The biggest secret/strategy to this game almost appears to be how you set up your collection times, and once that is all smoothed out - then it is just slowly improving the City, primarily by levelling up the GBs for a few months before try to Age up again and start the process all over!

Oh dear, less than two months for me and I've been drawn in. I am my own IT department so sadly that's not a barrier, and as a result work productivity has taken a hit! Thanks for the tip. I've yet to unlock the Military Tactics (PvP) research, so trying to make a few preparations before I get hammered. Lol

Emberguard

Legend
I am my own IT department so sadly that's not a barrier, and as a result work productivity has taken a hit
Then a bit of advice to help with that

Have a designated period of time for playing games. You don’t have to use up all that time for games, but have a limit of a maximum amount of time per day that you stick to. If time’s up, don’t spend more then a minute or two wrapping things up and just log off.

Alternatively do it the other way round. Don’t play games during your designated work hours

As long as the two activities are separated from each other then your work productivity should be unaffected (in theory)