• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Introduce a separate tech-tree for guilds

Vote

• Total voters

DeletedUser103370

Proposal
A research tree for guilds, similar to the personal one.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
NA.

Reason
Further motivation to cooperate even more within guilds, possibility to make guild-only features dependent on cooperation instead of purely points.

Details
  1. Tech tree accessible by the guild's members
  2. Advancing in a tech should depend on cooperation instead of points. This is very important, what I mean by that is let's say you have a guild with 30 people. 1 of them is dedicated the rest don't care. With the personal research you only need to have a certain amount of goods/FPs to unlock it, so that 1 individual could unlock the whole guild tree, without the rest participating. But the goal is to involve as many as possible, thus another approach is needed. For example instead of a fix number of FPs/goods to unlock a certain tech, all members would have to donate a fix number individually. This could be anything and combined, also it could change from member to member depending on their level. Ie. to unlock the first one, members who are in IA would have to donate X goods from and below IA, plus they would have to participate in GE battles X times, perhaps donate FPs.
  3. I'd go even further, to keep the guild tech fluid and interesting, I'd make some of the tech using kind of an upkeep. So an unlocked tech would gradually decrease in time, reaching a certain threshold it'd become locked again. This would mean that guild members would have to continuously participate to keep it unlocked. This approach could be used to access special features, perhaps special maps, or special rewards.
Now of course I can't give you a full tech-tree, and in time it could be extended just like the current one. I was thinking unlocks for special maps (perhaps underwater, etc.), or for example building a GB for guilds (if it's ever introduced) could be first unlocked in a tree like this etc. The upkeep dependent techs could give powerful guild bonuses, this would be another good way to reward activity instead of size, because a weaker but more active guild would get more powerful bonuses than a strong but less active one.

Visual Aids
I can imagine a tree like the settlers for example, the powerful fluid bonuses could be the three big ones on the sides (for example huge attack/defense/universal GB boosts)

ZPMRdJV.png

Balance
N/A.

Concerns
Awaiting feedback.

Abuse Prevention
N/A.

Summary
Guild research-tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I've played in a guild that demanded minimum weekly donations of goods from all members EMA and up, in addition to mandatory points be put on new GBs as well as mandatory participation in GE. I thought it would be fine....I do as much GE as I can a week on my main, and whatever I can manage on the rest, but making trades just to cover dues of being in a guild? Put points on GBs that have already been leveled out of the mud? There was no fun in that guild, and I feel this would spread that unfun atmosphere to every guild and ramp it up to intolerable levels. I don't see this happening....too much potential to drive players away when the game feels more like a job.

DeletedUser103370

I've played in a guild that demanded minimum weekly donations of goods from all members EMA and up, in addition to mandatory points be put on new GBs as well as mandatory participation in GE. I thought it would be fine....I do as much GE as I can a week on my main, and whatever I can manage on the rest, but making trades just to cover dues of being in a guild? Put points on GBs that have already been leveled out of the mud? There was no fun in that guild, and I feel this would spread that unfun atmosphere to every guild and ramp it up to intolerable levels. I don't see this happening....too much potential to drive players away when the game feels more like a job.

Ah, I see where you getting, maybe you're right, it could cause guilds to be even more demanding. It's not easy to balance between the sides, if you'd just make it depend on the individual, then there is no real point to even introduce it. If you make it depend on co-op, then it could result in more demands. Hell idk. :)

A possible way around this is to scale the Guild rewards to Members in line with the Guild contributions. Join a guild and do nothing - don't benefit. Join a guild and be active on the Guild tech tree (or even in the current GE) - get rewarded appropriately.

The computation gets tricky, though, and raises the issue of how to deal with new members (give them benefit or not?).

The entire concept also makes issues of guild merging more relevant, too.

DeletedUser103370

A possible way around this is to scale the Guild rewards to Members in line with the Guild contributions. Join a guild and do nothing - don't benefit. Join a guild and be active on the Guild tech tree (or even in the current GE) - get rewarded appropriately.

The computation gets tricky, though, and raises the issue of how to deal with new members (give them benefit or not?).

The entire concept also makes issues of guild merging more relevant, too.

Yeah I guess it's not that easy, I like the approach though!

DeletedUser108047

+1 to the idea for more for guilds to do
neutral on the tech tree idea. Would want to see a lot more idea about how it would work, how much there would be, etc before forming an view.

There has been an idea for a guild gb that is built outside the city so can appear in everyone's city map (put up by Bagoas the Greek). https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-owned-built-great-buildings.31906/ I think this might be easier to develop with a similar outcome

DeletedUser103370

+1 to the idea for more for guilds to do
neutral on the tech tree idea. Would want to see a lot more idea about how it would work, how much there would be, etc before forming an view.

There has been an idea for a guild gb that is built outside the city so can appear in everyone's city map (put up by Bagoas the Greek). https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-owned-built-great-buildings.31906/ I think this might be easier to develop with a similar outcome

I can't really give exact details, simply because we could come up with a full tech-tree in theory, but in the end I'm certain that even if introduced inno would use their own initiatives. In broad terms I think I could imagine boosts and perma/temp effects, for example as your guild levels it automatically gives more FPs in your town halls, faster healing/training of units etc. The effects could be attack/defense boosts, more stuff to get from aiding, or from GE etc. Basically anything you can get/create in-game.
Also there could be extra maps unlockable by techs, these I'd make temporary, which means a certain map would be accessible for a guild as long as they sustain a certain tech. For example we have an underwater map. Your guild reaches a certain threshold in the needed tech, then it becomes unlocked, from then on you could use it as an ordinary map. If the guild falls below the threshold, they are not able to initiate further attacks, until the threshold is reached again.
And yeah, that's what I meant by integrating the guild GB into this concept too, so instead of just simply able to build a guild GB, you'd have to unlock it by research.
The difference between leveling a guild and researching these techs are that these would rather require the cooperation in a guild instead of depending purely on a linear point-gathering.