• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

dorocill

Corporal
After months of gbg I guess majority will agree that the reward system needs to be updated. My take is that the players who are really playing for the guild by taking on provinces with no or less sc support are able to do a lot less fights hence get less rewards. For players who only fight with full sc support are able to do more fights hence get more rewards. For them fighting is more for personal gains other than for the guild but they use the guild pool. I think if the personal rewards are far fewer & guild rewards greater it would be more fair as the common guild treasary is used to gain more fights/rewards.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I've read Inno's criteria concerning GBG and am here to tell you it is off by a mile. We have been placed in a league where the top two are absolutely head and shoulders above the rest, they can take 90% of the sectors in minutes, GBG becomes a chore and it becomes very tough to motivate your guild members to participate. We need a fairer system, please.
And what if nobody else is better then you besides them? That means you not being in GBG with them will be even worse.

It's up to the guild Leaders/Founders to manage their members accordingly - If they don't participate in some way for the guild - fights, goods, etc. - they get the boot - that's the reward those that don't participate should get.

Watch out for the guild locusts - people going from guild to guild while they consume the Guild's goods on Palaces & Siege Camps, Then they move on to another guild.

OrionMnt

Corporal
Irrelevant, my guild (3 players) is winning gold every round when are there, then we go at platinum and just don't play, cuz there are guilds that take everything in a day, so we just sit and wait for the next gold league.
One day when Inno finally make it cross-servers, even small guilds can try higher leagues and probably big guilds will abuse less, but who cares about balance.

Knight of ICE

One day when Inno finally make it cross-servers, even small guilds can try higher leagues and probably big guilds will abuse less, but who cares about balance.

Inno has made it clear they have no plans on doing that, so it is going to be a very long wait.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
It's up to the guild Leaders/Founders to manage their members accordingly - If they don't participate in some way for the guild - fights, goods, etc. - they get the boot - that's the reward those that don't participate should get.

Watch out for the guild locusts - people going from guild to guild while they consume the Guild's goods on Palaces & Siege Camps, Then they move on to another guild.
If your daft enough to give someone GBG commander rights from the off then that’s nobody fault but the leaders if your treasury gets swallowed up by locusts spending all the goodies :)

OrionMnt

Corporal
Wrong, it is more efficient to afk on plat and then farm gold.
Who is whining? I'm happy with the situation, so many people are burning out and leaving the game (proving my point over and over again), because of the corrupted GBG system

dorocill

Corporal
The gbg is dead, 5 out of 7 guilds in diamond doing nothing wanting to sink to bottom & the top 2 have nothing to do.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Posting on behalf of the many - using the words of the few.... interested in viewpoints and feedback
The new GBG does not make any allowance for the size of the guilds drawn together in the different leagues. Being promoted to diamond league is actually a punishment for the smaller guilds whereby they cannot use their full potential because they are penned in by a big guild, therefore LOSING ONE WEEKS WORTH OF GROWTH for every week they are in that league, so the stronger get stronger and gap gets bigger and there is no way for newer players to catch them!
If Inno look at the stats ALL the big guilds (high level players and a large number of members) are always in the top league, everyone else falls in and out of it, which proves the system is floored.
The only way to get through this is to increase the number of players and higher level of players in ones guild, but this too is floored because there is only a certain number of players within each world. If all guilds effectively merge, then no one will be able to move on the campaign map and no one will be able to earn points, but in the meantime the big boys are getting bigger and the up and comings are having their future limited and DICTATED to by the larger guilds, and not the designers of this game! This is in effect ripping the heart out of the fun of the game for anyone who is mid table or lower, and suffocating the newcomers, which in turn will kill the game for everyone, since its designed to evolve and grow!

Have they looked at using the points of the guild to measure who they should be competing against?
If the points of each player in a guild are added together and THEN put in to the appropriate league it would mean "like v like" giving the newer players a real chance to grow in and amongst like-levelled guilds.
Currently the chatter is to merge guilds just so they have a chance to compete, that will rip out the heart and sole of this game, if the calculation is based on points within a guild then it would encourage smaller guilds and more battles, near equal or more level playing field for all, isn't that what Inno is about?
To a certain point I agree. However if you add all the points together and use them as the marker for who to be grouped with....what about guilds with 1 member who has 50,000,000 points? they would be grouped with a guild having 50 members who average 1,000,000 points each....so back where you started.
GbG is about how many members are active and rewards those guilds that have more active members, so consider attracting more active members...we do.
Our guild spent a few weeks seesawing between gold and platinum, but have shown our members that if we want to stay in platinum and achieve something, they have to be active and participate.
As a small guild we accept that from time to time we will be grouped with a far bigger guild (not just in terms of number of members but by those members being a lot stronger than ours) but in due course when our members have developed to a similar strength we can then contend with these big guilds.
Consider it more of a challenge, more of an incentive to grow not only your guild but also as players.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Wrong, it is more efficient to afk on plat and then farm gold.
Who is whining? I'm happy with the situation, so many people are burning out and leaving the game (proving my point over and over again), because of the corrupted GBG system
I'm not sure that GbG is responsible for players leaving the game per say, but compare it with the football leagues.
Established big guilds will naturally gravitate to the top tiers and new guilds have to start off in the conference leagues.
Yes large, well established leagues will dominate top tiers as do well established football clubs, both have some of the best players....
As to being corrupt, I think that term might be a bit strong. GbG is a fairly new addition to the game in general and yes there may well be a few teething problems, but I think the concept perfectly acceptable.
As to the guild continent map....does anyone still play it? To me this, like GbG, should be refreshed from time to time allowing new guilds a chance to participate.

Posting on behalf of the many - using the words of the few.... interested in viewpoints and feedback
The new GBG does not make any allowance for the size of the guilds drawn together in the different leagues. Being promoted to diamond league is actually a punishment for the smaller guilds whereby they cannot use their full potential because they are penned in by a big guild, therefore LOSING ONE WEEKS WORTH OF GROWTH for every week they are in that league, so the stronger get stronger and gap gets bigger and there is no way for newer players to catch them!
If Inno look at the stats ALL the big guilds (high level players and a large number of members) are always in the top league, everyone else falls in and out of it, which proves the system is floored.
The only way to get through this is to increase the number of players and higher level of players in ones guild, but this too is floored because there is only a certain number of players within each world. If all guilds effectively merge, then no one will be able to move on the campaign map and no one will be able to earn points, but in the meantime the big boys are getting bigger and the up and comings are having their future limited and DICTATED to by the larger guilds, and not the designers of this game! This is in effect ripping the heart out of the fun of the game for anyone who is mid table or lower, and suffocating the newcomers, which in turn will kill the game for everyone, since its designed to evolve and grow!

Have they looked at using the points of the guild to measure who they should be competing against?
If the points of each player in a guild are added together and THEN put in to the appropriate league it would mean "like v like" giving the newer players a real chance to grow in and amongst like-levelled guilds.
Currently the chatter is to merge guilds just so they have a chance to compete, that will rip out the heart and sole of this game, if the calculation is based on points within a guild then it would encourage smaller guilds and more battles, near equal or more level playing field for all, isn't that what Inno is about?
I have just posted a new post about this! We are a smaller guild. Our highest player has 23000pts and we are lev39. we have been placed with a guild having players with 4 - 6 mil pts - lev49. they have taken control of the whole grid opened a public chat forum and telling each and every guild which sectors they may attack and only allowing 125/130. in other words we are not being allowed to play. there are 3 of us vieing for 2nd and 3rd so we want to fight it out but they wont let us. We love winning but dont mind losing if it is a fair fight and the other guild fought better. Placement needs to be done on a similar footing basis.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds - LOL - I hadn't noticed - you mean there are guilds more powerful than mine - WOW - That's amazing

I have just posted a new post about this! We are a smaller guild. Our highest player has 23000pts and we are lev39. we have been placed with a guild having players with 4 - 6 mil pts - lev49. they have taken control of the whole grid opened a public chat forum and telling each and every guild which sectors they may attack and only allowing 125/130. in other words we are not being allowed to play. there are 3 of us vieing for 2nd and 3rd so we want to fight it out but they wont let us. We love winning but dont mind losing if it is a fair fight and the other guild fought better. Placement needs to be done on a similar footing basis.

Maybe Copper League is more toward a fair footing

LazyDim

Private
MMR is bugged. Inno relies on MMR to match the guilds, and I don't see the problem with that. MMR, indeed, is supposed to solve the task with matching guilds, but it doesn't. It's because it doesn't display actual guild position and need to be fixed. Here is the crux of problem: the guild with 825 MMR was matched with other guilds with 825 MMR, had won the season and now has 1000 MMR and will be paired with other guilds with 1000 MMR next season. As we see, average Platinum guild is matched with TOP guilds of server. If Inno refuses to see this problem, it's either blind or has wicked interest. The solution for this problem is also extremely simple: to decrease the MMR rewards(fluctuation of MMR) for season. The advancing through leagues will be slower, but MMR will display more realistic situation and the matching will be more fair. For Platinum guild to not face TOP Diamond guild, MMR rewards need to be reduced at least to a half of current (or to 2/5 for nice numbers)(+175 -> +70, +125 -> +50... and so on)

BhaaluJi

Corporal
This scoresheet is of a diamond league round with 5 days left. shambolic matchmaking. Inno need to fix the match making in guild battlegrounds. LP 1000 seem too easy a criteria to reach at moment, hence lot of incapable guilds are reaching the diamond league. How inno fix this is upto them, though we'd love to face guilds from other worlds like in GE

Attachments

• BG scoresheet.jpg
    BG scoresheet.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
This scoresheet is of a diamond league round with 5 days left. shambolic matchmaking. Inno need to fix the match making in guild battlegrounds. LP 1000 seem too easy a criteria to reach at moment, hence lot of incapable guilds are reaching the diamond league. How inno fix this is upto them, though we'd love to face guilds from other worlds like in GE
maybe, if FOE make the LP over 1000 LP, the balance would be more matching. I also felt that even 1000 LP, gbg guild's power differ a lot. If there are a higher max LP, strong guilds be matched with strong guilds in dia

BhaaluJi

Corporal
reducing the LP gains for any position may go a long way in resolving this as well. eventually, the probability of good matchups has to be increased and shambolic ones, like we are having at moment, must be reduced