• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

DJ of BA

Sergeant
In response to the inequality caused when two or more guilds dominate the Battleground merly not for the fight or to assist their Guild but purely for personal gain, i would like to see INNO address this issue, without their intervention this feature will go the same way as the PVP tower. There are two ways that they can start to address this issue.

1. To remove the SCs from battleground, this will make swapping less attractive to those Guilds that do swap.
2. That INNO police it properly and ban swapping, failure to comply results in ever increasing bans for those guilds that defy the ban.

The alternative is for all the guilds that genuinely want to fight on a fair basis irrespective of their size or ranking to leave battlegrounds or stop taking part and to send complaints via tickets to INNO demanding they act. One or two is not going to make INNO take notice, several Hundred tickets would.

I welcome any thoughts, but please do not be insulting, if you disagree please present your argument in a logical and adult way, I am also open to proper alternative suggestions

Major Spank

Private
GBG is destroying many guilds, greed not genuine team members join if you have a good treasurey. We just threw them all out and gave up trying in GBG, terrible odds for some to have a fair go as well.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
In response to the inequality caused when two or more guilds dominate the Battleground merly not for the fight or to assist their Guild but purely for personal gain, i would like to see INNO address this issue, without their intervention this feature will go the same way as the PVP tower. There are two ways that they can start to address this issue.

1. To remove the SCs from battleground, this will make swapping less attractive to those Guilds that do swap.
2. That INNO police it properly and ban swapping, failure to comply results in ever increasing bans for those guilds that defy the ban.

The alternative is for all the guilds that genuinely want to fight on a fair basis irrespective of their size or ranking to leave battlegrounds or stop taking part and to send complaints via tickets to INNO demanding they act. One or two is not going to make INNO take notice, several Hundred tickets would.

I welcome any thoughts, but please do not be insulting, if you disagree please present your argument in a logical and adult way, I am also open to proper alternative suggestions
we certainly got inno to change there tune on the new pvp they brought in as players were allowed to opt out and so many did it forced them to act and they brought back the old pvp thankfully
the problem seems to be in the higher leauges, many who play now refuse to take sectors or take just one or 2 sectors, so they can make sure they do not get promoted, it seems to be the only way of avoiding the big hitters who swap etc

there is not going to be an easy solution to this gbg game, and sadly those who learn how to manipulate the game do so very quickly, and then moan about anyone who complains about there rigging the game, i can only hope in time players just give up as there is no real competition but now guilds tend to just take a couple of sectors and swap with there neighbor just to get a few points or goodies without getting promoted so maybe that is the way forward for the weaker guilds ?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
This thread is basicly what i told on 2 other threads but cause of diferent reasons, we was guild who got locked by 4 diferent guilds combined when we got all on same map and then in revenge we locked them with one other guild when they was splitted on diferent maps 10+ times in next 8 months and forced 2 out of 4 of them to stop play gbg for serious anymore. So as someone who was on both sides of story, locked once and was locking others way way more times i gave sugestions which would solve this problems 100%, with few changes preparing and teaming up or locking someone wouldnt be of intrest to anybody, here are solution:

1. buildings get destroyed by default on capture (this is big reason why guilds make deals, to save goods with leaving buildings for eachothers)

2. Remove personal rewards to remove greed factor from game but in compensation increase guild rewards big time, like x5 or even x10 and make diferences between them even bigger, like that 1st get 3 times better rewards than 2nd and diference between other spots at least double, that would remove benefits of making prepared and organised swapping cause all would then really pay attention what spot they get and compete how to finish highest possible and not how to organise swapping in center with 0 atrition.

3. Change points gain/lose cause atm some guilds calculate to much to finish 5 or 6 to lose some points to finish on weaker diamond table but still not drop out of diamond, make top 2 get promoted, 3 and 4 stay in current league and bottom 4 get relegated so there wont be all this calculating to get -25 or -75 to still stay in diamond but to avoid strongest guilds.

4. Probably most important MAKE 1 DIAMOND TABLE >> 2 PLATINUM >> 4 GOLD >> 8 SILVER >> 16 COOPER cause that will also increase competition and resolve thing of swapping/making alliances cause all will want to make sure they stay on top league and for sure they wont have intrest to do stunts and risk to get a lot smaller rewards or even worse get relegated, in real world you dont have 7 premier leagues so then why we have here 7 diamond tables????

Adding to what Ceban wrote: change the way the influence of SC is calculated, so that attrition can't be eliminated any more. It should not be possible to reduce attrition by more than 50% in total. This would drastically reduce the number of fights for 24/7 players on semi-auto, making the board more open for smaller guilds.

knycknac

Private
There is a very very simple solution to all of this
When you finish first in diamond you get promoted to cross server leagues and the number of cross server leagues keeps growing
This will mean that those top guilds will be fighting it out with their peers from other servers
less swapping of sectors and more even balance at the higher end of the server BG

We have cross server in GE so why not BG

Emberguard

Legend
We have cross server in GE so why not BG
GE only has to keep track of score. There's a lot more technical issues at play if it were done cross server in BattleGrounds. If they did it I'd like to see it as a league above Diamond League. That way the best of each world get to compete and you're giving brand new worlds time to build themselves up a bit before they reach cross-server

r21r

Major-General
no it wont if you have enough sieges, pls learn game mechanic

true, back on the 1st days enemies used to use x2 traps+2fortresses on x5 SC :D

Could it be cause devs said it is not possible?
it could cause unbalance, if they made the matching similar to the current formula where they said "we need to wait the mmr to settle" and ~1.5 year later we see this is the actual impossible, but if people ask it, and devs can't make it, then either devs leave, either people !

anyway, battlegrounds is shouting for something new, and a new tier or crossworld elite maps is not a "bad" idea.

we are a "beta" after all, if we can't try new stuff, then what are we talking about

Taffy540

Private
I believe Longarm on the first page gets grumpy as he gets called on being in a large guild that has so much easier a go at it than the smaller guilds. When you are in a guild of 10 facing 72 players on one side and 65 on the other, its impossible to hold your own without killing your goods supply, troops supply and diamonds stock for the entire guild. The variable cost of palaces means you cannot effectively safeguard your hard earned sectors and each week its harder to struggle through. One poster had a great point about being in diamond league being a negative as the sheer numbers of other guilds make it unsustainable or a waste for the smaller guilds to even be there. The sectors of 1-25 allow for inactive players, 26-50 51-75 and 76+ could be the other guild member limits to balance battlefields.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i have noticed a lot of cooperation is happening now in gbg, more and more guilds are not interested in anything else but letting there guild mates have a fair crack at the spoils,
the trick is to not get promoted into the highest league, leave the big guilds alone. and in the lower levels you can co op with most of the small guilds just sharing sectors with all the other guilds
i think inno only has themselves to blame for how now all guilds are not interested in any kind of competition its now all about players sharing the spoils between themselves and guilds

has anyone else notices how many guilds are not even taking sectors as they want to lose points and make sure they dont move up ?

i think once inno realize what is going on they will soon make changes as people are not even complaining about it much anymore, we seem to have accept it and just made good use of it between all guilds, with the exception of a few guilds who just want to play swap with 1 other guild, which is why so many now do not want to move up

i have noticed a lot of cooperation is happening now in gbg, more and more guilds are not interested in anything else but letting there guild mates have a fair crack at the spoils,
the trick is to not get promoted into the highest league, leave the big guilds alone. and in the lower levels you can co op with most of the small guilds just sharing sectors with all the other guilds
i think inno only has themselves to blame for how now all guilds are not interested in any kind of competition its now all about players sharing the spoils between themselves and guilds

has anyone else notices how many guilds are not even taking sectors as they want to lose points and make sure they dont move up ?

i think once inno realize what is going on they will soon make changes as people are not even complaining about it much anymore, we seem to have accept it and just made good use of it between all guilds, with the exception of a few guilds who just want to play swap with 1 other guild, which is why so many now do not want to move up
True enough, for Diamond League at least. The goal/challenge for many guilds has become to stay in the same league, but with as few LP as possible.
Good or bad? I don't know. I'd call it strategy.

Last edited:

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
seriously why is this happening?
my guild is doing CB(checkboard) with a partner guild and this yellow guild has still a hold on c3z 154/160
they are cut in all 4 sides...
i refreshed the server 4 times but still same....

Attachments

• how is this happening.PNG
    how is this happening.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
seriously why is this happening?
my guild is doing CB(checkboard) with a partner guild and this yellow guild has still a hold on c3z 154/160
they are cut in all 4 sides...
i refreshed the server 4 times but still same....
That looks bugged. Their attack should have been cut off

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
10 hours passed and still same. lol
FOE should fix this bug, or else there might be big mistakes made in gbg...

Attachments

• BUG.PNG
    BUG.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14