• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Inbox filled with old deleted message threads

DeletedUser3157

Lol exactly same here. I don't delite msges too often as well(I usually delite them on the go every day, but this sunday I delited a lot of the older ones, about like 270 pages or so. And not just delited, I sorted them all through deliting only useless ones and keeping the useful ones. Took me hours and to what use haha, all gone now xD

DeletedUser9070

Was nice going 8 months back reading up newbie messages, players that no longer play etc..found memories., but in order to try help with game performance I tried to delete all those messages in case it would impact my game, it didn't.........still as borked.
Brought tears to my eye! I got Bell's Palsy from all this ;{! (where's my injury lawyer!?).

edit: changed disease to a more appropriate one (humour tho!)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7008

No messages being received by me either.
Might not be popular but I know I am missing incoming messages from friends.

DeletedUser

They're baaackk. Most of the messages I deleted yesterday (post 16) have come back to haunt me. Wondering whether I should delete them again or just ignore the message system until this is fixed. It would be nice to know if that will be soon.

DeletedUser

So about that bug, any news yet?

(it's really annoying to delete 20+ pages a few times per day)

DeletedUser1032

I play only on one world, but I still get tons of old messages.
What I would like to know is why are all these old messages being kept by the server in the first place. When I delete a message, I expect the thing to get removed, not just hidden somewhere. Now I'm getting messages that were "deleted" back in september and october. Why are they still in the system? Obviously the delete button doesn't delete, it's just hiding them.

DeletedUser

STILL not fixed?!

Getting stupid now. Why make the new message system live before making sure it worked?!
Someone needs a slap for making that decision. This game is one of the most expensive for the extras (diamonds) so someone is being overpaid.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I am fed up with deleting hundreds of messages only to have more reappear. What is being done to fix this and can the old ones be deleted by the devs so I don't have to keep doing it.

The old messages that appeared from the far away past can we easily traced. These message appear as a message that contains only 1 message aka (1) - as displayed in the game message system.
+ The messages are very easy to delete now, no more delay. Try it and you will see what a piece of cake this can be.

Every time I delete a message, it is there when I open the message system again.... but NO new messages seem to be coming in, nor are my messages apparently going out. Bug is NOT fixed.

DeletedUser

Something really messed up in the code, as this happens now:
1. Personal messages go on top (player-to-player) most of the time, but not always (reply doesn't pushes it on top!).
2. Group messages stay in their "pushed down" position when new reply is made.
3. Every few hours there is bunch of old messages reappearing, usually 2-3 weeks old, all with the same day date-stamp, and all are usually cross-world.
4. sometimes, if I make first post to the group and reply is not received within certain time, post is lost.
I tried everything, from cache clearing to browser restarting and deleting ALL messages in 3 worlds I play - it still happens as described.

- I agree with non-cross-world policy, but system is totally messed up.

DeletedUser11794

+1, I can confirm what Warbucks said above.

Please deal with that mess asap. This makes any communication within the guild / with other members basically impossible and this has been going on for days now.

Very, very frustrating.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
Having deleted 40+ pages of messages from each of my 6 worlds several times now I am loath to do it again. It just takes too long.

So has this bug been fixed? If not any news as to when it might be?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Today (23.03.2013) got old, deleted messages with timestamp 10,11,12.03.2013 (3/10-12/2013) - deleted all messages in all worlds (Nagach, Greif, Houndsmoore) but no change to message behaviour.

I know this is still beta, but why have someone had an urge to "fix something that ain't broken?" - as now it is!
This is very frustrating situation, especially due to need for increased message traffic (M/P is low because of Special event - people cannot get their messages right)
Bottom line: too long to fix-it, too messed up, too annoying...

My recommendation to all concerned would be to use guild forums, or just one message thread for all their needs - and to cut down traffic only to important-emergency stuff.

DeletedUser

Developers it is quite simple:

you need to lose the new code you made and released before testing it
and
sack the person that did it.

We may still be in the so-called 'beta' mode, but you just don't leave your players stranded like this. This is an expensive game as it is without being poorly developed too.

DeletedUser

Developers it is quite simple:

you need to lose the new code you made and released before testing it
and
sack the person that did it.
You refer to developer's' (plural) like there are more than one. Perhaps its just one 80 year old guy in a back room working on this to supplement his pension and if you 'sack' him then there is nobody left to do the work. How would we know?

EDIT: Tip For Deleting Messages!!!

If you try to delete a recent message when you have pages of them, then you must wait while the message system refreshes before deleting another. If you go to the last page and delete your last message then there is no refreshing. I delete 4 messages at a time, now, by deleting from oldest to newest. (Page refreshes after 4 deletions as there are only 4 messages on a page)

DeletedUser

@ GrossEyeEh
EDIT: Tip For Deleting Messages!!!

If you try to delete a recent message when you have pages of them, then you must wait while the message system refreshes before deleting another. If you go to the last page and delete your last message then there is no refreshing. I delete 4 messages at a time, now, by deleting from oldest to newest. (Page refreshes after 4 deletions as there are only 4 messages on a page)

Actually faster way is to go to the last page and keep deleting top-most post

But, that is not solution to message system problems - it's just remedy and tip for the future if that functionality persist.

DeletedUser

Typical developer thought process "Oh that's an easy tweak - ill just push through this change in the next update" = Eeek - what a clanger.
Please - Can we get more testing on ZZ for changes to key functionality in the future.

Missing mails.
Mails to individual persons are not appearing in either my outbox or the recipients inbox.

Outbox duplicates.
Each message I send (all guild) results in a duplicate of a mail i have already sent.
Deleting the duplicate results in a loss of the new mail.

DeletedUser

Message center

+1, I can confirm what Warbucks said above.

Please deal with that mess asap. This makes any communication within the guild / with other members basically impossible and this has been going on for days now.

Very, very frustrating.

After several days I'm STILL not getting Guild messages.

DeletedUser1032

You refer to developer's' (plural) like there are more than one. Perhaps its just one 80 year old guy in a back room working on this to supplement his pension and if you 'sack' him then there is nobody left to do the work. How would we know?

Simple search on the internet does the trick.
>>> Inno's Corporate Info <<<
With over two hundred peeps working for them, with about one hundred million registered players, and considering the high amounts they're charging for diamonds, someone would think they'd be less cavalier about screwing up the game and more willing to do proper testing.

DeletedUser

still getting the "Unknown" sender issue (despite a message box clear out. deleted messages are currently staying deleted.