• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Inbox filled with old deleted message threads

DeletedUser

Opened Houndsmoor this morning and my inbox has 27 pages of messages. 25 of which are old deleted threads. :mad:
chaos

edit: it also appears that the dates on the threads are wrong too
edit: also when i click on some messages, they don't even contain the title message!
plus one message i purposely havent deleted has gone.
edit: on greifental i only have 15 pages of old messages!

also all the names at the top of the threads have changed so i've no idea which world the messages are from

quite simply each message should have the original thread starter's name and say:
"from xxxxxx to guild xxxxx subject xxxxx"

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I have the same problem + some of the messages are from "Unknown" even though the players are still active (Dinegu)

DeletedUser7798

confirmed. old deleted are back, with wrong dates. new mails are gone. old outgoing are in inbox.

DeletedUser

This is happening due to some changes being made in the messaging system and they should be back to normal asap. Apologies for the inconvenience, please be patient :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser3157

I have no idea what is going on in my own inbox since easer event. It is just complete chaos, I can't desbribe what the bug is because just everything is a mess.

*For example I've gotten no incoming msges for multiple hours and I know that is a bug, I've been msged a lot.
*Many of the msges I have going on do not include the posts I have myself made in them today no more.
*I have blank invisible "replies" from people I have written but the reply itself is not counted under post counter,
*Some of the msges I have written at some people appear to have arrived at someone's elses inbox.
*Many names of the post authors are missing
*And also the bug mentioned in OP

Summary: Pretty much inbox does not work AT ALL and it is so messed up I can't even describe it proper.

edit: Ok I figured out first thing: cross world msging no more works. would explain some of the problems i'm having, but only some as even within world things are messed up. Btw I delited about 250 pages of incox msges sunday. Lucky for me only few dozen came back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

I have no idea what is going on in my own inbox since easer event. It is just complete chaos, I can't desbribe what the bug is because just everything is a mess.

*For example I've gotten no incoming msges for multiple hours and I know that is a bug, I've been msged a lot.
*Many of the msges I have going on do not include the posts I have myself made in them today no more.
*I have blank invisible "replies" from people I have written but the reply itself is not counted under post counter,
*Some of the msges I have written at some people appear to have arrived at someone's elses inbox.
*Many names of the post authors are missing
*And also the bug mentioned in OP

Summary: Pretty much inbox does not work AT ALL and it is so messed up I can't even describe it proper.

Pretty much the same here, and I guess for everyone else, messages are unusable right now.

DeletedUser9614

Yea, I woke up with 80 pages (320 messages). I was like W**?!

DeletedUser

The old messages that appeared from the far away past can we easily traced. These message appear as a message that contains only 1 message aka (1) - as displayed in the game message system.
+ The messages are very easy to delete now, no more delay. Try it and you will see what a piece of cake this can be.

DeletedUser14349

I hope inter world messages will be possible again soon or has this been changed on purpose? I liked to be able so recieve and send messages to all worls. I can`t always go to another worls to check if I had a message

DeletedUser11794

It's not only about deleted messages re-appearing for me.
-) I have the feeling I'm not getting certain messages,
-) other messages appear to be getting to me late
-) the inbox is not ordered by last incoming message anymore
-) when I open messages, they are not what I have seen in the preview.

Overall, it's pure chaos.

It would be really important to deal with this asap.

DeletedUser

It's not only about deleted messages re-appearing for me.
-) I have the feeling I'm not getting certain messages,
-) other messages appear to be getting to me late
-) the inbox is not ordered by last incoming message anymore
-) when I open messages, they are not what I have seen in the preview.

Overall, it's pure chaos.

It would be really important to deal with this asap.

oi! lmao
chaos

DeletedUser9070

Seems to me easiest way to fix this mess personally is to log in your world A, find the active messages from world A and delete everything else in your inbox, they seem to have changed the way messages work to only be received from the world its been sent from, no more cross-world messaging. (at least for now).

DeletedUser3157

Yes that's what I am doing as well. It seems that pretty much every time there is any msg involved where there was cross world chatting, it bugs out the mailbox and things get messy. So I'm hoping if I can clear out my in and outboxes in all worlds and keep all communication within the world(no way of me controlling what goes on guild mass msges though and who respons from where), I can restore at least some kind of order. Been more a day now of mailbox chaos and missing out on msges or my msging not making it to the recieptient etc. When deliting msges I even discovered I lately got a warning for lack of P/M in one of my guilds lol. But I have no way of knowing which one, "Unknown" sender and by clicking it I arrived at different msg. Overall I'm sad about losing 15 pages of inbox I had saved that either had nostalic value, valueble information or stuff I just liked to keep(for example I kept some ppls first asking to join msges when they were small just to send them those back once they arrive at some milestone ala 250k pts or whatever many months later etc stuff). But nah whatever I can live with that, but just fix the mailbox so that not every cross world msg or whatever is the issue makes it freak out and go dumb.

DeletedUser

confirmed all above and:
1, new messages don't go to the top of the msg. window
2. replies to old messages don't push thread to the top.

This bug is very inconvenient as most guilds communicate via msg.sys.
It would be nice if alert message from Devs. is placed when this get fixed.

DeletedUser9070

confirmed all above and:
1, new messages don't go to the top of the msg. window
2. replies to old messages don't push thread to the top.

This bug is very inconvenient as most guilds communicate via msg.sys.
It would be nice if alert message from Devs. is placed when this get fixed.

^^^^ THIS, I don't know the new system, as Im playing from several worlds and chat messages is extremely active it used to be hard to keep up so its now easier to do so BUT the updated messages need to keep being pushed on top when a new message arrives just like it did before!

DeletedUser

Seems to me easiest way to fix this mess personally is to log in your world A, find the active messages from world A and delete everything else in your inbox, they seem to have changed the way messages work to only be received from the world its been sent from, no more cross-world messaging. (at least for now).

I wish it were that easy. My inbox had all the old deleted messages regurgitated and all the ones I was saving were lost. So I had to do a total eradication of every message on every world, individually because there is no 'click here to delete all messages on this page' which is really a shame. Also, deleting on one world did not delete same message on another world. 28 pages on each of 3 worlds. *sigh

Anyway, here's hoping my new messages will all be good news.

DeletedUser9070

I wish it were that easy. My inbox had all the old deleted messages regurgitated and all the ones I was saving were lost. So I had to do a total eradication of every message on every world, individually because there is no 'click here to delete all messages on this page' which is really a shame. Also, deleting on one world did not delete same message on another world. 28 pages on each of 3 worlds. *sigh

Yes thats what I meant, for each individual world you have to delete all unrelated messages to sort the mess out, Ive had 50+ pages of these on every world...good stuff Im used to repeat-clicking...;d

DeletedUser11280

seems this issue is known about so please be patent it just means you have to keep deleting them over and over again will be fixed some time so chill out. it is nothing to do with easter event i am sure.
things could be far worse i am sure.
Geoff51

DeletedUser3157

Also, deleting on one world did not delete same message on another world. 28 pages on each of 3 worlds. *sigh

A world 39 pages
B world 31 pages
C world 8 pages
D world 30 pages
E world ~50 pages
F world 41 pages
G world ~20 pages
H world 39 pages

DeletedUser9070

Yea, worst for me is just the day before this I deleted 155 pages of cross-worlds old multi-messages, I didn't delete very often..then next day BAM they are all there again and to make it worse, duplicated on each world lol.
Oh well they are sorted now, Ive become a V.I.P @ my chiropractioner :D