• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

In Game chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am surprised that even in a beta stage the first thing a game needs is chat so players can communicate, argue, fight so on so forth which adds another dimension to the game. There is a lot of work to do with this game but if they have in game chat at least the players still keep playing for the chat itself. A new player comes and the chat helps him get familiar with the game.

With no communication who are we playing against?? what is the point of playing when you don't know your opponent??

The game devs have to work on that first then work on fine tunning the game. Very strange the way they have gone about this game. It is like they are building a house without building the foundation first??

DeletedUser276

I have stated in numerous threads of these that there will be no ingame chat. I have offered to add people to the already existing skype chat but that was shot down as people apparently dont want to use skype. I was willing to meet people halfway with it but since no one was interested and people are fixated on a feature that will not exist I dont know why we are still talking about this.

Nooberix has some valid points so I will try to reply to him/her about it.

What your thinking about is other games.. though not too many mposg actually have a live ingame chat. thats more of an mporpg feature.

Yes there are tons of features still to be added. Thats why this is called a beta run for the game. If your playing and you expect everything to be ready and completed you will always be sorely disappointed. This isnt about who you are playing against... its more of a race to reach the top age as fast as you can over your sector neighbors.

The game devs are working on bug fixes first. No point in having a game that screws up all the time but you can chat on a buggy chat room (did I mention other games of inno's that has a chat room the rooms are severly buggy as they quickly overload from use.

DeletedUser

its more of a race to reach the top age as fast as you can over your sector neighbors.
Now this is something I would very much like to discuss. I've not found a definitive design intent for the game. Is this primarily a city building/economic game with a bit of combat to spice things up? Realizing this is beta, I hesitate to make assumptions, so I'd like to know what the design is reaching for.

What is the goal? Is it to be the first to reach the end age? Is it to be the highest ranked PvP point player? Is it merely a city building game with no real end point?

My initial impressions are that this is basically a city building game with a weak combat expansion module. This may very well appeal to a large number of players and fill a market void, however if that is the case, it isn't something that will hold my attention very long. I'd love to hear what the design intent is from the designer/developers.

DeletedUser276

ah well guess then you dont want me to tell you. If your waiting for the devs to talk in here I wouldnt try holding your breath. But as you stated you wanted to hear from them I will leave it up for them to mention it in here :)

DeletedUser

Well, if you know what their intent is, then by all means share the info. I didn't mean hear from them specifically, as I doubt that would happen in the forums. ;)

DeletedUser

Without having ingame chat you basically getting rid of half your playing players. I am sure games have bugs but players stil hang around so they can talk about the game and interact with one another. If you want us to chat outside the game that is limiting your potential market ( just a suggestion as I know from experience playing other games).

Status
Not open for further replies.