• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: "Ignore trades from this person" option

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97579

Proposal:
An option to ignore trades from a particular person.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
Yep, couldn't see a similar one. Some "Block messages" ideas similar to the "mute" in the chat, but nothing for trades.

Reason / details:
Although there's an option in the chat to 'mute' a person - a similar option within the trades screen would be handy.
Often within my neighbourhoods there are some people that constantly leave trades up offering (for example) 5 BA asking for 10 CA goods. This is an unfair ratio and I don't plan to take them up on it.

With neighbourhood merges these people will often be removed - but similar ones take their place. I've asked them why and have received the response "well, someone might take the trades eventually" so they appear to be there to stay.

Obviously, with the free nature of the game they should still be free to put up any trades they like. I don't propose to limit their ability to do that, but when it's the same people doing this time and again I would like the ability to remove them from my trade screen so that I can run through the list and help to clear all the fair trades from other people.

DeletedUser7719

I would support this or an option to hide specific trades (or both ;))

+1 from me!

DeletedUser15432

Proposal:
An option to ignore trades from a particular person.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
Yep, couldn't see a similar one. Some "Block messages" ideas similar to the "mute" in the chat, but nothing for trades.

Reason / details:
Although there's an option in the chat to 'mute' a person - a similar option within the trades screen would be handy.
Often within my neighbourhoods there are some people that constantly leave trades up offering (for example) 5 BA asking for 10 CA goods. This is an unfair ratio and I don't plan to take them up on it.

With neighbourhood merges these people will often be removed - but similar ones take their place. I've asked them why and have received the response "well, someone might take the trades eventually" so they appear to be there to stay.

Obviously, with the free nature of the game they should still be free to put up any trades they like. I don't propose to limit their ability to do that, but when it's the same people doing this time and again I would like the ability to remove them from my trade screen so that I can run through the list and help to clear all the fair trades from other people.

I would also support this, then you can hide grossly unfair trades

+1 from em also

DeletedUser105579

+1 From me.. where would this button to ignore someones' tades be?

Cuthwolf

Captain
+1. This or a tick box for "Show only Fair* Trades"

* meaning 1:1 same age, 1:2 one age below, 2:1 one age above.

DeletedUser99588

This or a tick box for "Show only Fair* Trades"
* meaning 1:1 same age, 1:2 one age below, 2:1 one age above.

and yet some would say after LMA that 2:1 and 1:2 were no longer fair trades. That is why it cannot be hard wired into the market.

An option to toggle on/off certain players trades would be good. There are always annoying trades in neighbourhood where some chancer is trying to trade low age goods for high age goods that clogs everything up.

+1 for OP idea.

DeletedUser

+1, there are plenty of people whose trades I no longer want to see.

DeletedUser96901

+1

and yet some would say after LMA that 2:1 and 1:2 were no longer fair trades
some say: 1:1 in the same age is not a fair trade

for example:
Paper Mill needs 6 squares
Tar Kiln needs 15 squares

so how can 1 paper : 1 tar be a fair trade :rolleyes:

DeletedUser99588

+1

some say: 1:1 in the same age is not a fair trade

for example:
Paper Mill needs 6 squares
Tar Kiln needs 15 squares

so how can 1 paper : 1 tar be a fair trade :rolleyes:

Exactly, hence my comment that the trade ratio shouldn't be hard wired as suggested by Cuthwolf. Guilds/Players use different means of calculating what they believe to be a fair trade. Unfortunately one size does not fit all in this case.

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107616

+1 , I like this idea.
A check box for even ratios or 1:2 / 2:1.
or a list to add particular players you don't want to trade with.

DeletedUser106404

+1
I keep the calculator page open at all times, to be sure to make fair trades, and check those that are not. http://foe.dppro.nl/index.php?inv_hme=60&eeuw=hme&sl=fairtrade
I think unfair trades should show as as check box, to remove them all in one shot.My guild allows 'unfair trades', but announces them first, and posts them as Guild Only trades, used to help out guild members.But I too am tired of seeing 1:1 trades for supplies that are ages apart. The computer should block them in the first place. If they are not in line with the calculator, they should not be allowed to post. Gray them out and 'not acceptable trades.

DeletedUser99445

+1 its a good idea. Doesn't go far enough but still a good step forward if it was to actually happen.

DeletedUser108047

+1 and if the developers are going to add filters... to the trading window could they please roll this with other supported ideas including filter for friends; filter by age

DeletedUser109329

+1 good idea.
Tick box for fair trades, not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.