• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I can't stop the plunder!

DeletedUser108293

I have been playing FoE for about 3 weeks now and I am really enjoying myself, until I got to EMA.

I had 2 people plunder my goods buildings and it got me annoyed. So I sent a message to both saying that I don't mind them attacking as long as the don't plunder, they both added me as friends and I thought that was that.

A couple of days later I saw a message that said 'c*****1 has ended your friendship', I thought maybe he needed more spaces. For the past 5 days he has attacked my city and plundered my cloth goods building. I can't collect before he takes it because he does it at 5am and I am asleep.

I can't defeat him because he has high middle age units and I only have iron age (with 1 EMA (unattached)). My defence is currently:
-1 Catapult (EMA)
-2 Soldiers (IA)
-2 Legionnaire (IA)
-1 Ballista (IA)
-2 Archers (IA)

I always mot/pol his buildings/decorations but clearly he is not getting the message.

I have only 5'660 points but he has 16'143.

I know why he does it, it is because he only has a herb goods building so robs everyone else's goods.

I have unlocked the technology to get mounted archers but I don't yet have enough supplies and gold to build a stable. I just hate the fact that I invest supplies and gold into goods just to have them stolen. Can anyone give me tips on how to stop this player?

P.s. I know this will make me sound weak. Even though I like the combat in FoE, I am not a person who likes to fight. In fact since I finished the bronze age, I have not claimed a single sector by force, only negotiation. In fact I unlocked a EMA Province that boosted gold production before I even researched my first EMA technology.

DeletedUser99588

Set you goods buildings to finish when you know you will be able to collect straight away. 24hrs normally works out for most players who have trouble collecting shorter production times. For your other buildings (supplies and houses) make sure you have plenty of friends and guild-mates to keep as many of them motivated as possible. A motivated building cannot be plundered. Goods buildings cannot be motivated.

There isn't another guaranteed way of stopping players helping themselves to your goodies. Don't take plundering personally as it will just give you high blood pressure.

DeletedUser653

We all have had this problem at one time or another, the trick is to set the time period so that the goods are ready for collection at a time when you on, as thanatos said, 24 hour productions are the easiest to set this way.
When i started i had a long time being able to plunder all the goods i needed and I kept a speadsheet of who, what and when i did plundering and you will be surprised that some players went 6 months and the only time i could not plunder them was if someone else had plundered first. So now you know the trick of plundering big time and hence the reason to time them when you can collect.

DeletedUser100832

Most solutions people will offer you are totally unrealistic, as they expect you to sacrifice RL for a game, which isn't going to happen for most normal people

here are actual solutions

-find out about loop quests and how to do them well, then you can get good from those, and also forge points, diamonds and the like. Many top players have no goods buildings but just do loop quests. There are good videos on youtube explaining them.
-try to get back at the plunderer - if you see their gb's 1-2 fp off next level level them out - they will lose a collection! Then laugh at them in your sig. During easter event polish their decos. Tell everyone what their def army is - people like me would love that. I am sure you can think of other ways as well.

DeletedUser99588

Medibradrion do you really think any of these thinks annoy a plunderer. Mr.Beef where are you? lol

Seriously though the loop quest works well for those not in a hurry to complete research. The leveling of a GB so you can't double collect wouldn't bother me particularly but I guess some might find it annoying.

Polishing decorations for Easter event is just silly. The plunderer will just delete them and make some more as they cost very little or have so many it makes no difference.

My advice to the OP is to concentrate on his own game. If you can't collect every 24hrs on time and plundering upsets you then maybe look for another game that doesn't have a player versus player element. If you can live with the odd plunder and are willing and able to have your collections complete at a time you know you can collect then the game gets easier the further you progress.

DeletedUser108293

-try to get back at the plunderer - if you see their gb's 1-2 fp off next level level them out - they will lose a collection! Then laugh at them in your sig. During easter event polish their decos. Tell everyone what their def army is - people like me would love that. I am sure you can think of other ways as well.
I helped one of my friends level up his GB before, I donated 54 fp's and got the top reward. He thanked me and said that I should have left one or two points of but I never understood what he meant, what do the last few points mean to the player who owns the GB.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Medibradrion do you really think any of these thinks annoy a plunderer. Mr.Beef where are you?

Hell no!!!

I am here - yaaaaayy

The game is how it is.... I get plundered in my smaller worlds simply because I don't have the time to login on time and collect - my fault.

As thanatos has often empahsised - collecting on time (and/or setting productions to fit in with your online activity) is the best way.

DeletedUser5514

I helped one of my friends level up his GB before, I donated 54 fp's and got the top reward. He thanked me and said that I should have left one or two points of but I never understood what he meant, what do the last few points mean to the player who owns the GB.

It means the difference between collecting from that gb almost twice in a row or just once... it has happened to me: when it was left only 1h or so to colect from my cape, it got leveled up and i only colected 20 fps instead of 20+20=40 fps from it. If you can colect and then level up your gb immediatly after, you will get double from that gb.

DeletedUser16126

For me the best option to avoid plundering your goods is: run as much as possible 4/8 productions instead of 24h productions.
they can only plunder once per day, so you have much more chance to get at least something...

DeletedUser5180

It means the difference between collecting from that gb almost twice in a row or just once... it has happened to me: when it was left only 1h or so to colect from my cape, it got leveled up and i only colected 20 fps instead of 20+20=40 fps from it. If you can colect and then level up your gb immediatly after, you will get double from that gb.

totally agree, usually towards the end of a level there is not much movement as all the reward positions are already sorted with no chance of a player moving up a slot so its a good tactic to collect then level it yourself

i usually manage to do this with my traz so collect 60 odd troops instead of just over 30

DeletedUser105078

If I attack, it's for tournament points only. I do not intrude on someone's enjoyment of the game by going into their space and stealing from them. Plundering or being plundered is a part of the game I do not enjoy and do not approve (it feels yuck).

The problem is that the game attracts a lot of players who just enjoy building their city. If the whole game was violent, it would be different, and there would not be so many players unhappy with the plundering. I like every other part of the game. I love GvG, for example, and the combat system. If you want to fight in GvG, you choose to - so it is consensual. The plundering system is not mutually consensual.

In our guild, one of our members does not want to fight at all because she has experienced RL war in her country, so she won't even have barracks, and is not going to take part in our guild's GvG. Is there anybody who would not respect that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

You can't always pick and choose what parts of the game you want to participate in. I don't like having to make loads of goods for GvG but I do it because that is the game. Plundering is there to encourage players to be active in the game. It isn't exactly a game changing thing and some of my cities get plundered daily and yet it has never been a factor in slowing my progress.

This is a game not real life and its a strange choice of game for someone that is against fighting. There are a number of city building games that do not have PvP elements.

DeletedUser108167

+1
Plundering brings out the worst part of human nature. To me it seems like weakness on the part of the plunderer. I know it is part of the game but I hardly ever plunder and on the rare occasion I do it is because I have been plundered. Yes, I know "an eye for an eye" and everyone ends up blind, but so be it.

DeletedUser12400

Set you goods buildings to finish when you know you will be able to collect straight away.
The trick is to set the time period so that the goods are ready for collection at a time when you on, as thanatos said, 24 hour productions are the easiest to set this way.
I'll agree with thanatos100 and HRC.

Most solutions people will offer you are totally unrealistic, as they expect you to sacrifice RL for a game, which isn't going to happen for most normal people

here are actual solutions

-find out about loop quests and how to do them well, then you can get good from those, and also forge points, diamonds and the like. Many top players have no goods buildings but just do loop quests. There are good videos on youtube explaining them.
The first solution isn't that bad but its not an option for him however second solution is horrible.

DeletedUser653

overtype - I agree.

Annoying a player plundering you only makes you top of their list to be plundered. I know because for at least a year i had no goods buildings and plundered everything i needed always checking every thing those players who annoyed me off. Much better to talk and discuss, maybe offer potivation or 1FP a day to a GB, but making fun of a plunder on you home page will just lead to more plundering - terrible advice by Medribradrion.

DeletedUser106137

I'm having an issue with one player also,I have figured out that I need to stop producing or produce goods in small time frames,My biggest issue is the player seems to be able to attack me at will,Twice sometimes three times a day? How are they able to do this? I have polished motivated given forge etc to no avail,They are in an age that I cant compete with army wise IDK

DeletedUser

I'm having an issue with one player also,I have figured out that I need to stop producing or produce goods in small time frames,My biggest issue is the player seems to be able to attack me at will,Twice sometimes three times a day? How are they able to do this? I have polished motivated given forge etc to no avail,They are in an age that I cant compete with army wise IDK

hmmmm that sounds like an imposibility, you can only plunder ONCE every 24 hours, if he is plundering 3 times a day then that is a matter for the mods, report the fact and give proof (screenshot of log) and that player will cease being a player.

I have got the majority of my blueprints from plundering, and also suffered from being plundered from higher players, time your production, and use a decent defense, these are the ONLY ways you can avoid it.if you lose the coins from one house it doesn't matter, its a trifle, but arrange your production so you KNOW you will be online to get it.

DeletedUser108240

I doubt that was it. More likely he had other friends he had notified to let someone have the other 'payoff slots', only you filled it all up before they had time to react.

DeletedUser99588

You can be plundered twice within a 24 hour period by the same player although you cannot be attacked twice in less than 24 hours by them. For example they could plunder you 23:59 hours after they attacked you the first time and then attack you again as soon as the the timer has reset a minute later and plunder straight away.

Plundering three times by the same player within 24 hour window is not possible. If this was happening it would either be a bug or the player has found/created a hack to circumvent the timer.