• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

HTML5 News?

• Thread starter DeletedUser106400
  • Start date

DeletedUser106400

While Developers are investing lots and lots and lots and lots of time in pointless AI tweaks etc etc, GvG remains a complete and unadulterated shambles, around recalc, as it has done for what is years now.

The final hope for us that play GvG is that HTML5 fixes the lag issues. For me, it will be the difference between me packing the game in or continuing to play.

I know we was told "1st half of 2018" but can we actually nail that date down yet. I mean, it appears that the devs have plenty of time on their hands recently...

Ati2

Legend
I'm not playing GvG so what I say might be total nonsense, but isn't the purpose of HTML5 to finally get rid of flash? It doesn't affect server-side calculations at all, does it?

DeletedUser106400

I'm not playing GvG so what I say might be total nonsense, but isn't the purpose of HTML5 to finally get rid of flash? It doesn't affect server-side calculations at all, does it?

You'd of thought so.

However, people have been led to believe by support that the update to html5 will remedy the issues people find with lag.

I will say that on my laptop at home which is a bog standard i3, it is pretty uncomfortable playing, whatever the time of day however my PC at work which is an all singing all dancing, alienware gaming PC literally flies so clearly, the resource hog that Flash is, is having a BIG impact that only a powerful computer can help with.

If you restart your computer before recalc, delete cookies in your browser etc, it is ok but it is soon dragged back down again.

DeletedUser104913

I am also interested in this. I am waiting for an HTML server to start a new game world, since I'll be playing on a Linux most of the time; whose browsers do not support Flash.

Ati2

Legend
I am also interested in this. I am waiting for an HTML server to start a new game world, since I'll be playing on a Linux most of the time; whose browsers do not support Flash.
While I'm very much waiting for the HTML5 version, I am currently playing from a Linux machine. And even though flash is slow as a snail, it works.

LadyHecate

Major-General
While Developers are investing lots and lots and lots and lots of time in pointless AI tweaks etc etc, GvG remains a complete and unadulterated shambles, around recalc, as it has done for what is years now.

The final hope for us that play GvG is that HTML5 fixes the lag issues. For me, it will be the difference between me packing the game in or continuing to play.

I know we was told "1st half of 2018" but can we actually nail that date down yet. I mean, it appears that the devs have plenty of time on their hands recently...
Volunteers from the Beta community were asked yesterday for HTML5 trials; I volunteered as one and my Beta city is now running on HTML5 and not Flash. They only have it working on Chrome and Opera at the moment. Once feedback from the Beta community comes in I'm sure all Beta players will move across and then Live servers following that.

Agent327

Overlord
Firefox is only the #4 browser with about a 7% market percentage. Opera does not even make the list on its own, but is listed under "Others" with a market percentage of less than 1%.

DeletedUser105544

You can type "HTML5 browser test" in your browser and you will get results how your browser perform at HTML5. You also have option to compare your results with other browsers results and find the best solution for you. Not trolling, this one is serious :)

dimondus

Captain
You can type "HTML5 browser test" in your browser and you will get results how your browser perform at HTML5. You also have option to compare your results with other browsers results and find the best solution for you. Not trolling, this one is serious :)
Thanks, will try.
Edit: I'm surprised how bad Firefox become over time :(
I'm using it from the time when there was no Chrome and Opera had no functionality.

Last edited:

DeletedUser105544

Thanks, will try.
Edit: I'm surprised how bad Firefox become over time :(
I'm using it from the time when there was no Chrome and Opera had no functionality.
I use Puffin browser on mobile devices (Android OS) and so far I managed to play PC version of the gane on my cellphone and on tablet too. I tested Puffin on HTML5 and results were even better that Opera and others (which are high ranked too), so I will continue using Puffin once HTML5 start to be applied.

Agent327

Overlord
I use Puffin browser on mobile devices (Android OS) and so far I managed to play PC version of the gane on my cellphone and on tablet too. I tested Puffin on HTML5 and results were even better that Opera and others (which are high ranked too), so I will continue using Puffin once HTML5 start to be applied.

Haven't tried it myself, but have seen numerous posts of players claiming Puffin is extreemely slow.

DeletedUser105544

Haven't tried it myself, but have seen numerous posts of players claiming Puffin is extreemely slow.
Depends on device I guess. I am warlike player and I use it in GvG at reset time and it works fine (except when server is overloaded but in these situations game stuck no matter on device or browser - but that vould be discussed widely on separate thread). All in all, Puffin works nice for me and won't change it in decent time.

Shad23

Emperor
when will copy and paste will be available on Html , flash is getting more and more bugs that devs are not going to solve so am wundering when we'll get copy and paste so i can defenetly ditch flash , i only go on flash to copy and paste and it takes for ever as flash is full of bugs

Ati2

Legend
Speaking of HTML5... It was refreshing to return to flash. I didn't even remember that the game could be so fast. On a not so high-end machine, HTML5 speeds are horrible. On a high-end machine I didn't care, but when I had to return because of my other machine (why is this setting a per city, and not a per browser?), even there I noticed that flash is a lot faster.

Shad23

Emperor
It's working from day one.
well they could have warned us of ctrl +c , would be beter if you'd only have to click on copy like it was on flash lol if you would have not told me i would have never known about ctrl +c