• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do I identify active/inactive players

• Thread starter DeletedUser110797
  • Start date

DeletedUser110797

I would like to know what is the best way to identify if players are active or not. In my Arvahall world I have 141 friends. I have not been able to visit the taverns of 55 of those friends for 5 consecutive days. Of course, that could mean that those players just don't bother with collecting tavern silver while they could still be active in other parts of the game. What is the value of friends if their taverns can't be visited? Should I purge the 'friends' that I can't visit?

DeletedUser96901

my way:
aid all from the townhalls event history
all who are then not aided are inactive enough to be kicked from the friends list

What is the value of friends if their taverns can't be visited?
the value of his friends must everybody decide by himself

for me aiding me makes the value (I aid them daily)
I have many SoK and want them all motivated

I don't care if they have an open tavern or visit my tavern

Should I purge the 'friends' that I can't visit?
if for you the value of a friend is sitting in his tavern:
then yes. kick the ones where you can't

DeletedUser111589

@Test Ament that way of plucking inactive is faulty at phone. There is a history but it shows limited number of past activities. So instead of full days activity its possible to see roughly 80 (never bothered to count) things(?) Which will be filled with trade offers being accepted, tavern visits and aids

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Each M & P done receives a Coin reward so a sweep of a full complement of friends (
I have 141 friends
btw I have 126 and I thought the limit was 140) plus all Guild members nets an initial amount of around 30,000 Coins. While en route hit all available tavern visits to pick up silver and FP's with a final bonus of Blueprints to come from any of these sources. From the History sheet I used to log and record every Tavern visit, M & P which would take up to 90 minutes a day before I realised that I could have a life too! Now I don't care what Guild members and friends do. My new routine takes 30 minutes a day and covers all bases.

Vesiger

Monarch
If you constantly find yourself sitting in a player's tavern already when you visit it, then he is no longer collecting from his tavern and is probably inactive.
If you suspect a player may be inactive, try visiting his city manually rather than clicking the aid button. If there is nothing to polish or aid - not even a house or decoration - then he is probably inactive.
Of course, he may be on holiday; it's a matter of how long you give him before you decide you need the friend slot elsewhere.
If the player is reasonably advanced, you can look him up by name on the FOEstats website: http://foestats.com/en/en1/players/?server=en1&world=Arvahall

DeletedUser108047

You can have 141 in your friends bar (it includes you) so 80 you can invitie, a further 60 you can accept and yourself

The only two ways are
@Test Ament - daily aid history using the filters
@Vesiger - foestats or forgedb.com player history

The question is a relative one. Are you not getting enough aid? Is the goods market too small? Are you getting enough Tavern silver? If you are getting enough aid, your tavern is always full and you have access to enough goods then I wouldn't invest a lot of time in checking and measuring your friends performance on a daily basis.

I am in that position and so only cull my friends list every month or so using a combination of both methods or when a real friend comes along that I want to add

Usually if the aid history says they haven't visited I'll cull but if they are a player I have had some useful interaction with in the past I then check forgestats to see if they have quit etc

DeletedUser106369

You can actually have more than 141 friends. On another world I have 142. How I hear you ask? I had 141 and sent a friend an invite via the in game invites. When this friend accepted my invite they were added automatically to my friends list giving me 142. I don't know if there is a limit to getting friends this way.

dimondus

Captain
You can actually have more than 141 friends. On another world I have 142. How I hear you ask? I had 141 and sent a friend an invite via the in game invites. When this friend accepted my invite they were added automatically to my friends list giving me 142. I don't know if there is a limit to getting friends this way.
I always thought that there are 80 invites and 80 requests.

I am in that position and so only cull my friends list every month or so using a combination of both methods or when a real friend comes along that I want to add
Doing my cleaning every couple of months but my requirements are generous - players kicked only if they are not in 6 days history log. So far my tavern is filled quickly and all crucial buildings with aid/polishing.

DeletedUser111686

I have culled a few obviously inactive friends, but I first sent them a message advising I was doing so, and if they were active, they were welcome to add me back. For a few days I only aided those who aided me in the Event History, and then also excluded anyone from culling who was a fellow guild member, had helped me in the past or had an interesting tavern (i.e. good table cloth) or GB (which I was interested in contributing to).

I always welcome friends but feel more motivated when their taverns are worth visiting and/or they aid and visit my own tavern too.