• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do goods areas work in modern era?

DeletedUser108326

I am just about to enter the modern era. I have already passed this level on the map and picked up marble, I already have a factory making porcelain.
I see that to be able to make Luxury Material I need Porcelain as a required good and need to be boosted by Marble Rock.
Does this mean I need to build a Construction warehouse (for luxury material) and a marble factory in my town to get the full allowance?

DeletedUser111589

From my understanding, you need unrefined goods first (marble, gold, dried herbs etc.)

Then you transform it. Kinda like iron to steel IRL.

Edit: making 5 instead of 1 good is determined whether you have starting/unrefined good boosted.

DeletedUser108326

Do I need to be manufacturing the unrefined goods myself? In this case marble and if so can I just get the marble building from the bronze age?

DeletedUser110195

You need goods 3 ages below the age you want to produce something in. You get boosts for buildings in modern and above from bronze and above, but will never need goods from an age any lower than colonial.

Also once reaching modern era, you get into territory where building a field of tribal squares becomes very relevant, because they produce finished goods, not unrefined like GBs.

Vesiger

Monarch
Do I need to be manufacturing the unrefined goods myself? In this case marble and if so can I just get the marble building from the bronze age?
You don't need the marble at all - you just need to have conquered the sector with the boost for it.
You do, however, require a supply of porcelain, whether manufactured, traded or generated at random by a Great Building.

DeletedUser108326

Thank you Vesiger that directly answers the question I asked.