• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Shah Jahan

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Shah Jahan Historical Questline. You can check out the full details and watch a video intro here!

Enjoy!

Richard and team

DeletedUser109708

Interesting prize. On the one hand it looks like a 16 space building that produces twice the output of the 9 space wishing wells. On the other hand a twelve hour building is going to get plundered a whole lot. (If it can be plundered.)

Does anybody know if the maze can be plundered? If so, I will probably skip this event. Once people figure out my sleep and work cycles, this building would just be charity to my more powerful neighbors. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

It's 20 tiles, cannot be plundered or motivated, it's an oversized wishing well.

DeletedUser108047

basically a bazaar or a luau reskinned. Would be nice to have something a little different

DeletedUser110195

basically a bazaar or a luau reskinned. Would be nice to have something a little different
No, it really is a 20 tile wishing well, as you can plunder a luau or bazaar. It has the same random daily productions as a well too.

DeletedUser110175

"Shah Jahan is best known for erecting a mausoleum for his beloved wife.."....but did you know that the mausoleum was built with the labor of more than twenty thousand slaves over twenty years and most of the costs, marble and precious stones were procured from the emperor's impoverished subjects either directed or in the formed of imposed oppressive taxes...and the skilled workers who built the magnificent mausoleum had their hands cut off so they could not ever reproduce their work elsewhere..
Wiki quote, "No evidence exists for claims that describe, often in horrific detail, the deaths, dismemberments and mutilations which Shah Jahan supposedly inflicted on various architects and craftsmen associated with the tomb.."

So let's see if Shah Jahan was really the benevolent king as he was to his wives (yes plural), and his ahem!, 2000 plus harem women..
Wiki quote,
" Religious attitude
Shah Jahan was more radical in his thinking than his father and grandfather. Upon his accession, he adopted new policies which reversed Akbar's treatment of non-Muslims. In 1633, his sixth regnal year, Shah Jahan began to impose his interpretation of Sharia provisions against construction or repair of churches and temples and subsequently ordered the demolitions of newly built Hindu temples.."

US president Barrack Obama refused to visit the Taj Mahal during his visit to India. Don't be blinded by the shine of the Taj Mahal; if you have to glorify the Islamic invasion of India, how about doing a historical questline on Mughal emperor Akbar..

DeletedUser108047

well that sucks... why the extra space if no increase in value?

DeletedUser110286

@ams724 no doubt you are correct. But applying current social acceptances to ancient practices is ridiculous.

By those standards the Romans - which during their domination and numerous atrocities - also provided for irrigation, roads, sanitation, ampitheatres and literally dozens of other scientific advancements in all areas of society should be condemned. Feel free to stop using your bathroom or going to watch a artistic performance or expecting fresh food if u support such a one sided view on history.

DeletedUser5180

For a footprint of 20 tiles this is a very very poor building unless the diamond drop rate is huge (and it will be 1% or less)

DeletedUser99294

Another one not worth doing, how about giving an expansion also to those that complete, I think you would find a far bigger take up.

DeletedUser6065

I don't feel the Maze is worth 'burning' another Province over. I've already got more than enough WWells, and Summer Event is just around the corner. I will probably do this event up until the last task. If there was an alternate to the last task, I would probably complete the event.
. . . mk

DeletedUser110668

Done and dusted :D

FOE_Maze_1497353640.png

I really liked the quest line and the maze (it's a bit big but it looks cool though)

DeletedUser108047

you get an option to take 12 encounters in GE instead of scout a province so it may still be worth completing

DeletedUser110668

All the quets for those wanting to know before hand:

Quest 1:
  • Gather 100 Coins and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 2:
  • Build 1 Cultural building from your age or 2 from the previous age and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 3:
  • Finish 1-hour production 12 times and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 4:
  • Scout a province OR Solve 12 Guild Expedition Encounters and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 5:
  • Make people enthusiastic and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 6:
  • Visit 5 Taverns and Motivate or Polish 25 buildings
Quest 7:
  • Research a technology OR Donate 350 goods to your Guild Treasury from your stockpile and Spend 20 Forge Points
Quest 8:
  • Recruit 5 units from your age or 8 from the previous age and Gather 50 goods
Quest 9:
  • Finish 4-hour production 16 times and Finish 8-hour production 8 times
Quest 10:
  • Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR Win 7 battles and Spend 11 Forge Points
Quest 11:
  • Collect 250 Tavern Silver from your own Friends Tavern and Activate 1 Tavern Boost
Quest 12:
  • Gain control over a province and Spend 11 Forge Points

DeletedUser6065

you get an option to take 12 encounters in GE instead of scout a province so it may still be worth completing
Maybe on the 'Scout', but not so on the acquire. Again forcing us to where we possibly cannot go. Very poor/lame/bush league.
. . . mk

DeletedUser110195

An alternative to scouting is a step in the right direction, though one for research and take over a province would also be nice.

DeletedUser653

Maybe on the 'Scout', but not so on the acquire. Again forcing us to where we possibly cannot go. Very poor/lame/bush league.
. . . mk

You have to do some planning and fighting once in a while. I have finished and would have finished yesterday but forgot i had a 30% boost running and not willing to pay 50 diamonds for 2nd boost so had to wait till 30 mins ago for the boost to finish so i could take a tavern boost. The really nasty thing was a scout and province, the 2-3 days it can take to scout was horrid and really pleased we have an option for this now.

DeletedUser111027

I've had 4 drops from my Hedge Maze now, and all 4 have been coins (at 25%, that's a 1 in 256 chance!). Am I just being seriously unlucky (more coins is the least useful possibility for me) or are others having odd drop results?

Pavlvs

Private
I've had 4 drops from my Hedge Maze now, and all 4 have been coins (at 25%, that's a 1 in 256 chance!). Am I just being seriously unlucky (more coins is the least useful possibility for me) or are others having odd drop results?

... same problem for me ... is it a bug???