• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Highlight unused building squares

maculator

Private
Ok, tin hat on - waiting for the barrage

Proposal:
Provide a button which, when clicked, highlights unused building squares.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
not that I can find (ducks in expectation)

Reason:
City buildings, especially the big ones, conceal building areas. It would be very useful to be able to see unused building squares, notably the odd single square, without moving buildings.

Details:
Provide a button, probably best in the building menu, which, when clicked, would flash all unused building squares within a city.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
Only personal city building so no abuse imagined.

Summary:
With GE lvl5 arriving I've been been adding defense, filling up with the 1 square no road buildings. I've spent a long time trying to make sure I've used all those pesky single squares hiding behind my city buildings. It would be great to click one button which would clearly indicate, perhaps with a recurring flash as used to highlight instances, any unused building squares within my city.

King Dael

Sergeant
I take a 1x1 piece from my inventory and drag it around my city. Any flashes of green means free squares. Simple, easy and only takes a few seconds.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I see the idea behind this idea - but if this would be a proper idea, I would only agree if this was done while the City was in Construction Mode. Would not want to see this on all the time in normal mode.