• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Helping more players get active in game

allenh1201

Private
Hello i am wanting to know why when you aid your friends plus your guild members that u have to wait 24 hours to help them wouldnt it be better to cut that time in half . Plus that might also get more players more active in the game also . Plus cut down the time in building also that might help also . I see alot of players not playing i understand real life things but if u make the game more available u might have players playing more like other games . Just asking thank you

legend9182

Major-General
Hello i am wanting to know why when you aid your friends plus your guild members that u have to wait 24 hours to help them wouldnt it be better to cut that time in half . Plus that might also get more players more active in the game also . Plus cut down the time in building also that might help also . I see alot of players not playing i understand real life things but if u make the game more available u might have players playing more like other games . Just asking thank you
Wow you are suggesting to increase time on the thing
Whose time players are looking to reduce as much as possible

allenh1201

Private
Wow you are suggesting to increase time on the thing
Whose time players are looking to reduce as much as possible
Hello i am just asking why not give the players that work 8 hrs a day more time in the game like the other games out there on the computers that is all

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
First off, this is not like many of the other games out there on computers - most games are meant to be quick, or relatively quick - and then the game is over, or there is little left to do - FoE is a game designed to be played over a very long period of time. Which is a nice change of pace from all those other games that are designed to be finished in hours/days/weeks or months. Sure, some of those other games have expansions as well, but again, designed to be quickly completed. FoE is doing quite well with their different methodology.
Some productions can be completed on different timers, but the most common timer is the 24 hour completion - which most Great Buildings, Event Buildings and other activities (such as aiding and tavern visits) are used. FoE is a game that is able to be played in pleasure time, a little bit of time each day (play more if a user wants, but it is a slow and leisurely paced game). There are some exceptions, such as GbG, which can be played multiple times a day, or near constantly - but the main basis of the game - your buildings, are kept to the regular daily. Unforunately, this type of style does lead to time creep as well - but that is up to the individual player.

Emberguard

Legend
A lot of buildings only need a single Aid per 24 hr cycle. Therefore it makes sense to also have 1 Aid per player per 24 hr cycle. You have upto 80 Guild Members and 140 Friends, plus Self-Aid Kits and Neighbours.

In addition not everything in your city even needs Aid to produce.

If your city isn’t getting enough Aid now, then reducing the timer on Aid simply won’t change that. Most people aren’t going to Aid more just because the timers change. What you’d need to do is organise your city to reduce Aid requirements (replace decorations with cultural buildings, keep chain links in the lowest age possible and the building they’re linked to in the highest age possible - this redirects Aid priority), and use the Event History filters (Social Interactions + Friends) to Aid, then check who’s still Aidable, this will tell you who has or hasn’t Aided you within the last 5 days. Dump thise not Aiding and replace with active Aiders.

Also, use those Self-Aid kits

The time that bldgs. need to complete increases as you progress thru the ages. It's by design - it won't change.
The idea is early ages have shorter build times to get you going and interested in the game - upper ages require more time to entice diamond spending for the impatient.

As far as double aiding thru the day is not a real requirement as per ember's response in that area.

And, most of all - nobody wants to do More clicks - we are all looking for Less clicks.