• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Helping for Great buildings should be limited - for fair game

• Thread starter DeletedUser97832
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97832

Why FP spending for GB should be limited if we wanna have fair game?

I saw to many players from Iron Age that had given more then 100FP for others GB. (one case 329FP from player in Bronze Age just for one level; I didn't count all levels of the building).

And should I believe that someone playing because he or she want to help? Not even mother!
Or that someone has second account?

I understand that later in the game you can stuck with a tech tree, and you need to give FP because of that and BP, but could be more diverse?

IT SHOULD BE LIMITED!

Suggestion for developers:

If you gain 10FP (X) as max for helping GB, then it should be max allowed to spent 20FP (a*X+X*Y) for helpers, and it could be multiple by corrective factor (Y) for the age in which is a helper in that moment.
The first one who give max get first award.
Y could be 10% for every age,
and in this example for Iron Age max could be 22,
for Colonial age Y=50% means max is 30.

In that way, real helpers could gain BP if they helping different people.

Of course math could be different but idea is clear I hope. Just change X, a, and Y; as a developers you have better view of math in the game. Let's make this game fair. Otherwise I will open my second account just for the same purpose. Fail!

I would like to see what you (players) think about this? And I would appreciate if someone from the inside :) gives me response on this idea.

Bandog

P.S. Apologize for grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my mother tongue language

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Hm. People playing on other countries' servers occasionally come around asking if I'll become an FP trading partner with them - they offer to set up a village on my world here, befriend me, and donate all the FPs from their village to my GBs, since they're not interested in playing seriously on this server. Naturally in return I'm supposed to do the same thing on the server where they play seriously.

I'm told that's not against any rules - I don't really know. But either way that doesn't mean limitations/barriers should be imposed on serious players who want to contribute to GBs.

DeletedUser96901

and what do you do when you reached the maximum ?

and lets say then its 280 of 300
nobody else spends something and you arent allowed to finish it

DeletedUser9546

Hm. People playing on other countries' servers occasionally come around asking if I'll become an FP trading partner with them - they offer to set up a village on my world here, befriend me, and donate all the FPs from their village to my GBs, since they're not interested in playing seriously on this server. Naturally in return I'm supposed to do the same thing on the server where they play seriously.

I'm told that's not against any rules - I don't really know. But either way that doesn't mean limitations/barriers should be imposed on serious players who want to contribute to GBs.

It is against the rules and can get your Gb taken away and possibly banning. There is a whole section in the forum for it - too lazy to look for it for you.

Regarding the first post.... really dude? Sounds like you got a little jealousy going on there. I bet if you were getting those fps you wouldn't complain.

DeletedUser1081

It is against the rules and can get your Gb taken away and possibly banning. There is a whole section in the forum for it - too lazy to look for it for you.

Okay, that seems right - thanks for clarifying that. And it gives the original poster the option of asking the in-game moderators to check the situation out when s/he sees hundreds of FPs being donated by a Bronze Age player. Maybe that will feel satisfactory.

DeletedUser97838

I don't think they should be any limits at all applied to the amount of forge points any given player can apply. Why you would want others to suffer because a small amount of dishonest people want to take advantage of a game mechanic. Furthermore you can submit a ticket for investigation should you think someone is abusing the current system.

Recently a member from our guild has been expelled from the game for trying to inflate the system of donations. and the moderating team/Developers are doing a very decent job at both monitoring and dealing with it.

And here is evidence that they take action on the subject:
21cbf4y.png

DeletedUser9546

asking the in-game moderators to check the situation out when s/he sees hundreds of FPs being donated by a Bronze Age player. Maybe that will feel satisfactory.

womp womp - again sounds like jealousy to me. I say this because it shouldn't be your job to police other people's buildings. Maybe if you spent time getting your own donations rather than sticking your nose into others?
I have had friends and random strangers give me hundreds of fps per level....in exchange I trade them goods in bulk. E.g you gave me 100 fps and won 1st in my gb, I trade you 100 Rubber for 100 dye. You can then trade it down for whatever you want. This stops you from getting stuck on the tech tree. Win Win for me...and I cant recall reading anywhere that fps for goods trades were against the rules - Mods feel free to correct me.
Mink - when I say you, I dont mean you you... I mean people in general who whinge about how unfair the game is when you dont know what a player has done or how hard they've "worked" (lol) to get there.

DeletedUser

Or that someone has second account?

Just to clarify - and so that you have a Moderator's word on it.... even though it is clearly written in the rules....

Owning or accessing more than one FoE account is not allowed.

Setting up trades across worlds or servers is not allowed. This includes ANY sort of trade whether it be donating Forge Points or even Motivating or Polishing!

If you need clarification on the rules, please click here to read them in full.

Also, just to point out, the opening post sounds like an idea, or Suggestion, might I suggest you post ideas in the ideas forum, suggestions in the suggestions forum, and discussions here in the discussion forum. Just a thought.... :)

Oh, and if you think anyone is cheating, please let us friendly In Game Moderators know via a Support Ticket (be sure to include the suspect player name) so that we can look into it. We will never inform you of any action taken as a result of your report, nor will the suspect player ever be informed of who reported, this is to protect each user under the Privacy Laws that we are bound by.

DeletedUser97832

Also, just to point out, the opening post sounds like an idea, or Suggestion, might I suggest you post ideas in the ideas forum, suggestions in the suggestions forum, and discussions here in the discussion forum. Just a thought.... :)

Oh, and if you think anyone is cheating, please let us friendly In Game Moderators know via a Support Ticket (be sure to include the suspect player name) so that we can look into it.

True. It should be in Ideas forum, my mistake. But good or a bad ideas, ideas should be tested before posting. That was the only reason why I did it, to see what other people think about it. And part of post helped us to clarified what is allowed and what is not allowed in the game.
For ex.
Setting up trades across worlds or servers is not allowed.

I didn't have in mind to report someone, just because I think this is a problem on a bigger scale. And it's very easy to test when you have code of the game and all data. Just find out all Bronze age and Iron age players who donated more then 300 FP to same person and check is it from the same IP adress. Simple.
I don't want to ruin game for few people, and leave many others playing with same habits. After all developers made this game to earn some money. And if I'm right about it... well, fairness in the game means that more people will play.
After all it was just an idea, and I will post improved one in a Forum for ideas.

tnx for response, I learned something, that's sure :)

DeletedUser

Well GB's do play a huge part in the game now with how the new merge works so some people actually do nothing with their fp's once they reach a certain point other then to swap with other people in the same world, usually guildmates.

As long as people are not abusing the system it is fair as it can boost you later on with very high level military boost gb's and some nasty lowbies can show up at times and surprise you.

Especially if in a guild to supply you with the goods as I have seen people in iron / ema ages with GB's from colonial age.

DeletedUser97832

womp womp - again sounds like jealousy to me. I say this because it shouldn't be your job to police other people's buildings. Maybe if you spent time getting your own donations rather than sticking your nose into others?

I wasn't jealous at all. I was donating few FP.
E.g you gave me 100 fps and won 1st in my gb, I trade you 100 Rubber for 100 dye.
(good that I know now that one FP worth 63 pieces of dye or marble {(6400-100)/100})

But as I said: I was donating few FP and I saw that it doesn't matter how many FP some real players spent when there is a "player" who contributed with 737 FP and he would be first for sure (it's a month of playing, btw) and I was curious (not jealous) to see how strong that player is. And when I found out that he is still in a Bronze Age I thought about it for a while. Everyone playing this game to compete and have a fun. Do YOU really think that he needs so many dyes in a Bronze age? (46431 dye to be exact).
Your trade offer is probably fair, don't take me wrong. But you could offer 10 Rubber to 10 person for 100FP, it would be same for you. And if your answer on a last question is: 'YES, he needs 46431 of bronze age goods', then I must admit I'm probably jealous.
But you can think twice about it and maybe, just maybe, you will have better idea how to improve this issue. My idea could be wrong, but at least I try it.

Have a nice game (and day)
bandog

DeletedUser8994

Could I just add my thoughts to this issue please, for what its worth.
Not to poke my nose into other peoples buildings. However, I was having a look around tonight, not against da rules, I think. I found a player with a new GB, Alcatraz. I think it was released about a week ago. It is already at level 3.
Now come on you guys it strains believe that a person can be so lucky, in a week. The above point about "jealousy" and "if you were getting those fps" is missing the point. There has to be something unusual going on. All those players with 150% attack & defense buff cant be good fortune. I am sorry if I have upset some people, but this is just my thoughts.

DeletedUser6514

Could I just add my thoughts to this issue please, for what its worth.
Not to poke my nose into other peoples buildings. However, I was having a look around tonight, not against da rules, I think. I found a player with a new GB, Alcatraz. I think it was released about a week ago. It is already at level 3.
Now come on you guys it strains believe that a person can be so lucky, in a week. The above point about "jealousy" and "if you were getting those fps" is missing the point. There has to be something unusual going on. All those players with 150% attack & defense buff cant be good fortune. I am sorry if I have upset some people, but this is just my thoughts.

My Alcatraz is currently on Level 6 and there's no "cheating" about it. I was one of the first people to build it on Fel and thus received lots of donations before there were many of them to donate to. In addition to that, I also give goods out to players from lower levels that donate so they can start saving to build it way before they're in the Progressive Age. I go out of my way with extra incentives to get donations to my buildings so to think if you saw my Alcatraz at its current level and thought something wasn't right because YOU feel its gotten there too fast is completely laughable. Is there foul play going on? Sure, but your reasoning is a complete joke and it seems you haven't put much time into thinking about what also might be going on to get donations so quickly and over a course of time.

DeletedUser

@Mimzy I donated enough stored FPs from FP packs to an existing Alcatraz (1st one built on Cirgard) to ensure 1 BP, then used 1600 diamonds I won on the summer wheel to buy the other 8. I had all the goods already. I see it as a public service ;) Getting a new GB up early gives people a guaranteed way of earning BPs for their own construction, without the vagueries of polish / motivate.

At the top of the game, players finish one age and quickly begin to stockpile FP and gold / supplies for the start of the next one. Buying a FP now costs me 78,000 gold! If you have 35 million, it doesn't hurt so much though.

When you finish an Era quickly, you have nothing else to do with FP other than plow them into other peoples' GBs and harvest FP packs to store for the next Era. Once you have that balance in your city and little or nothing as an expense, the speed at which you can achieve growth and change is scarcely believable, but not outside of normal gameplay constraints :)

DeletedUser8994

Ok guys I am sorry and stand corrected. Culurien i understand what you mean about harvesting FP packs, I did it at the end of the IE. I just was not sure it could be done that quickly.

DeletedUser1081

Yikes - of course it's more than possible for a newly released GB to attract hundreds of FPs very quickly because miles of people want blueprints for it.

When I said the OP could report anything s/he sees that looks suspicious, I didn't mean the reportees should automatically be punished if there's no wrongdoing! I simply meant that if someone suspects something fishy is going on, it's more reasonable to have it checked out by the support people than to try to impose limits on everyone playing within the rules.

Enjoy the game, everyone

DeletedUser

@Mimsy: No worries! If your city can support (for example) completing the collect 280,000 coins 3 times per day, the collect 250,000 supplies 1 x per day and the produce 5 cars 1 x per day, that is a lot of opportunities to gain 5FP packs over a week. On top of any FP packs gained from GB supporting. I think by the time PE launched, I had 410 FP saved up in packs and that is amateur by some standards. A few folks finished PE research on day 1 through stored FP packs and diamonds for the missing goods.

DeletedUser

it is easy to spot stagnant accounts feeding GBs. u see the person get almost top places in those GBs. and then when u look at the city, u find it is a bronze age person donating to GBs that are so far ahead of his time. of cos, this is very helpful to the person getting the support. the hardcore donation greatly shorten the level up time span needed if points only come in droplets. why this is unfair and then made illegal is cos it totally rips the real contributors their chance to get the true rewards for their contribution. if u really think about this matter, why would a bronze age player need to even invest in those highly advanced GBs to get the prints in the 1st place? the bronze player can juz go about investing in his own tech tree and progress thru the game, and i'm sure if he does his daily motivating and polishing of every available person he can get his hands on he would have all the full sets of GBs by the time he has grown to the proper respective ages. this is not a cry out of jealousy but rather a cry for the injustice suffered, and it is really dampening to players really contributing to get the 1st prize. i know the feeling cos i was a real contributor fighting with those spam accounts back in the time when GB was 1st introduced and the spamming was still "legal". i really had a hard time fighting for the 1st place for every level until a time i think enough is enough and i never donate to any GB ever since. until today, if someone mail me screaming for donation i would reply and tell him i do not compete in GBs i already have and remind him to let those who really contribute to get the prints. i do my own leveling of my GBs. it is a hard job, and i am a nut job, cos contributing to my own GBs do not give me anything back. but yeah, this is my own painfully righteous way of living... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser276

I say this because it shouldn't be your job to police other people's buildings. Maybe if you spent time getting your own donations rather than sticking your nose into others?

Actually to have a fair game we all need to help out with reporting anything suspicious. Thats like saying someone can steal from joes wallet and anyone that points it out is jealous that someone is getting joes money. If that were the case then there wouldnt be a tips criminal hotline in most countries as the realization that people are just jealous of other peoples rule (law) breaking.

I have had friends and random strangers give me hundreds of fps per level....in exchange I trade them goods in bulk. E.g you gave me 100 fps and won 1st in my gb, I trade you 100 Rubber for 100 dye. You can then trade it down for whatever you want. This stops you from getting stuck on the tech tree.

Sounds like a way someone may try to get around the system... see he isnt pushing me I gave him goods. If a low level player is giving you hundreds of fp towards gbs he/she cant use to me thats pushing. Gotta be careful as being sneaky isnt a way around the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.