• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Happiness GBs are too weak

DeletedUser

If you want to bring offensive/defensive GBs in line with the happiness ones then change them from having a percentage boost to a static boost.

I.e.
  • Statue of Zeus give a +3 attack/defence boost when attacking;
  • Cathedral of Aachen give a +6 attack/defence boost when attacking; and
  • Castel del Monte gives a +10 attack/defence boost when attacking.

The main issue would be how to give this a 10 level progression (especially for the Statue).

DeletedUser7719

If you want to bring offensive/defensive GBs in line with the happiness ones then change them from having a percentage boost to a static boost.

I.e.
  • Statue of Zeus give a +3 attack/defence boost when attacking;
  • Cathedral of Aachen give a +6 attack/defence boost when attacking; and
  • Castel del Monte gives a +10 attack/defence boost when attacking.

The main issue would be how to give this a 10 level progression (especially for the Statue).
I was thinking about that, but the siege units will get the a definite unfair advantage there :(. Not only that, but think about what would happen to BA units with the CdM boost.

DeletedUser3157

I was thinking about that, but the siege units will get the a definite unfair advantage there :(. Not only that, but think about what would happen to BA units with the CdM boost.

Different individual static increases for different unit types. But would make it perhaps tad too messy looking.

DeletedUser7719

I like the percent increase, but lower it 10% per tier above. (I guess it can still stay at the original if you're going down)

DeletedUser3157

I made my previous post early in morning just before work and didn't have any time explain further what I meant by it. Truth is that I have put some thought into the military GBs issue and I think I got a pretty good and balanced solution for it. But problem is, it might be considered tad too complex or confusing.

It is similar to what Martynius suggested in terms that I propse static increases intead of percentage ones. But they come individual for different unit types. And there is a kicker I will address later on.

For example Bronze age Statue of Zeus would give a few more attack and defense bonuses to different unit types at every level-up, until finally at lvl 10 it would give out the following bonuses:

Light melee: +4A, +4D (Spearman 7/7 increases to 11/11)
Short range: +4A, +2D (Slinger 7/3 increases to 11/5)
Fast units: +4A, +3D (Horseman 6/5 increases to 10/8)
Heavy melee: +3A, +5D (Warrior 6/9 increases to 9/14)
Long range: +2A, +1D (Stone thrower 3/2 increases to 5/3)

This would effectively mean a player with bronze age armies and lvl10 statue of zeus has his army increased on average from 7+7+7+3+6+5+6+9+3+2=55 to 11+11...+3=87, an increase of 87/55=1.58 ala 58% (compared to 50% it would be now).

Yet player with CA units and lvl 10 Zeus would have the follwing increase with those static bonuses:

Ranger 35/35 to 39/39
Musketeer 30/18 to 34/20
Dragoon 28/40 to 32/43
Greneider 28/40 to 31/45
Field Gun 14/6 to 16/7

This would be an effective stats increase from 274 to 306, a 11.7% increase in military effectiveness(2.5 months ago I would have taken it without heartbeat lol).

My proposed Cath of Aachen static bonuses when finally maxed at lvl10 are the following:

LM: +7A,+7D
SR: +8A, +4D
F: +6A, +7D
HM: +6A, +9D
LR: +4A, +2D

Lvl 10 Aachen would that way increase EMA total stats from 101 to to 161, an increase 59.4%. For comparing, same Aachen would increase CA stats from 274 to 334, an increase of 21.9%.

My proposed stats for lvl10 del Monte:

LM: +14A+14D
SR: +14A+7D
F: +12A+14D
HM: +12A+17D
LR: +7A+3D

LMA units stats would increase that way from 199 to 313. An increase of 57.3%. For comparison it would increase CA stats by 41.6%. A CA army with all 3 military GBs maxed would have a total bonus of 75.2% instead of 150% it gets now. But remember CA has no military GB. If it did, the number would be little bigger(if del monte was CA building not LMA, then it would be stronger and total bonus for 3 GBs would be near 90% for example).

There is one major drawback with static bonuses though. Obviously they can not be allowed to be added to weaker units than the units the GB is from. Imagine a spearman if he would be allowed to get all, including EMA and CA static bonuses. It would be a 32/32 unit that costs nothing and takes 20 seconds to train lol. So the much needed change would be, that military GBs only have effect to units from same or more advanced ages.

This is the part I'm afraid may sound confusing to some players, but logic wise it will make sense quick. Your dim-witted primitive units just don't understand the new wonders of the world lol and get no bonus from it. Besides static bonuses otherwise don't work(only alternetive is creating specific bonuses for Every spefic unit from every age for every level lol). For example a player with 3 military GBs all at lvl10 would get only zeus and aachen bonuses to his trebs, only zeus bonus to his archers and all 3 bonuses to his rangers. It may sound tad unfair intially, but if you make the math, all 3 of those units actually get not too different % amount of total bonus compared to the original units.

Anyways with this same would need to happen to defensive GBs, static bonuses and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Posted in the wrong thread >here.<

There are two things with the "Buildings should lose their luster as time progresses" argument, that bother me. I definitely understand (and somewhat agree with) the philosophy, but it simply isn't true.

The first problem, is that these are not regular buildings. They are literally Great Buildings. All of these are based on buildings that are still revered in real life today. (despite us being quite a bit beyond the Colonial Age :D )

It is drastically different from "asking for the chalet houses to provide more coins." A Chalet takes an easily attained amount of resources, 3 clicks, and 10 minutes. A Great Building takes weeks if not months or work polishing/motivating and trading, a substantial amount of goods, a pile of forge points, and not a little bit of luck. (Or diamonds of course.)

The second flaw, is the inconsistency across the GBs. Some of them scale, (Military/Supply/Gold Boosts) and others do not. (Happiness/Flat cash/supply pickups). You talk about the Iron Age building being lesser as time goes on, yet LoA (among others) remain potent despite being from the same age. Again, not complaining/whining, just pointing out rather gaping discrepancies in the "But they're old!" idea.

DeletedUser

Also, this week's update (click) will bring some balancing to the great buildings - it might be an idea to wait and see how that will work out :)

DeletedUser

Also, this week's update (click) will bring some balancing to the great buildings - it might be an idea to wait and see how that will work out :)

The current change on the beta server is that:

Tower of Babel - Level 10 used to produce 18 goods/day and now produces 15.
Lighthouse of Alexandria - Level 10 used to produce 21 goods/day and now produces 19.
Cathedral of Aachen - Level 10 used to produce 18,950 gold/day and now produces 12,640.
Hagia Sofia - Level 3 used to give +2100 happiness and now gives +2300.
Saint Mark's - Level 10 used to produce 24 goods/day and now produces 25.
Notre Dame - Level 5 used to give +1800 happiness and now gives +1900 (but level 6 bonus is unchanged)
Saint Basil's - Level 8 used to produce 21,040 gold/day and now produces 13,460.
Deal Castle - Level 10 used to produce 196 medals/day and now produces 94.

I have not looked at a Colosseum or a Frauenkirche of Dresden on that server.

However, the Offensive, Defensive, Forge Point, % Coin and % Supply boosts seem the same but I've not checked thoroughly.

Edit: Blacksmith posted the complete list of stats: (click here).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The current change on the beta server is that:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone :) Beta server info should stay on the beta forums, and not posted here on en forums. This is because things in the beta might still change, a lot. So it's better if it doesn't get posted here and cause a fuss. Once info is confirmed for release on en it will be posted here by staff, as Blacksmith did.

~Mutzena~