• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Most Popular Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7390

It would be great if only one army is involved in a battle - currently if a guild member who is more advanced (say with better troops, more rogues, or even just faster internet connection) they can be unknowingly fighting the same troops as another guild member, they win and get points and the other is left with depleted troops and no points.
If only one army was damaged per fight then this would open up gvg to all members of the guild, and give a chance to newer players to participate - if newer players with less troops to begin with continually loose troops with no points benefit it deters them from fighting, leaving the battles to the higher ranked players of a guild only.

DeletedUser1081

It would be great if only one army is involved in a battle - currently if a guild member who is more advanced (say with better troops, more rogues, or even just faster internet connection) they can be unknowingly fighting the same troops as another guild member, they win and get points and the other is left with depleted troops and no points.
If only one army was damaged per fight then this would open up gvg to all members of the guild, and give a chance to newer players to participate - if newer players with less troops to begin with continually loose troops with no points benefit it deters them from fighting, leaving the battles to the higher ranked players of a guild only.

+1, absolutely.

DeletedUser4799

this is war game or what ? ghost guild or demolition guild what is wrong with that ?

DeletedUser14349

1) I think that we should add some loot to attackers once siege is successful on GvG map. Loot should be distributed to each participating player according to his involvement (if player destroyed 12 of 100 armies he should get 12% of the loot). This way we will encourage more players to participate in GvG wars.

Sounds nice :) It would be good if the players who fought for the sector will get some goods. Also some goods into the treasury. The amount could depend on how many armies the guild had to defeat. After all, in a real war there is usually some kind of benefit for the winning army. Every besieged city must have some ressources unless they have been under siege for a long time and are close to starvation

DeletedUser12400

Siege

I would like to suggest that siege can't be placed immediately after previous one. It would be nice if there was at least 60 seconds cooldown.

DeletedUser

I'd like to give a +1 to guild unit pool that can only be used for defending sectors. +1 to open up the treasury for trading, with the guild or with another guild, both are good.

Two more things I want to throw in here:

1. What about unit maintenance? Each defending army cost an amount of goods every tick. This might solve stalemates on the map. If the guild does not have the goods for maintenance the defending armies take a lot of dmg every tick.

2. I Have the feeling the Alcatraz goes against some of the basic ideas with GvG. Alc makes it more into a one man show. (50 battles to win, NP I've been stocking my Alc since last week, I'll do it myself) Besieging a heavily defended sector should be a team effort, not a waiting game to wait for your Alc to poop enough units.

DeletedUser105574

1- make all sectors landing zones
2- guilds need to get to 10 members before they can participate in GvG
3- Introduce a guild barrack where members can donate troops to place siege and let players pick which troops to place

why guilds would need more than 10 members to participate in GVG, I have an only 5 members small guild which does the job well, and could easily participate in gvg...

DeletedUser98799

I have a few Idea's for GVG not sure if they have been mentioned yet:

1. Whatever age your currently in is the only age in which your allowed to compete in.

2. The GVG Continent Map should be reset every 6 months.

3. There should be a chat bar (like Neighbourhood and Global) which you can add people to for clearer communication will be used for allies and brother and sister guilds.

DeletedUser105571

GVG ideas

1) I'd like to implement a warning for when your guild is under siege so you can see it from the city screen
2) I'd like be able to type in chat when I am viewing a sector
3) I'd like to not lose my troops when thrown out of a fight because someone else has won the fight

DeletedUser101085

The top three things I can think of in relation to the current GvG system that I'd like:
1. Changing the siege cost system so that the cost to siege a hex is based off (somewhat proportional to) the power gained.
2. Reintroduce the need to use troops to place a siege. (Free siege troops made no sense to me)
3. Add a Unattached/Attached unit filter. (although not exclusively useful to GvG it is still very useful for it)
+1 on these 3 most pressing one myself.

DeletedUser

Hi All

I would like it if they actually finished what they started, the Event Log has not worked correctly from day one, and according to support there is no planned correction of this.

Mith

DeletedUser4923

the title should say it all

'Guild v Guild' should mean exactly that

Every army has a special forces element for their needs. A ghost guild or demolition guild is exactly that. Since we are talking about the war element of the game, then these ghost guild or demolition guilds are doing what armies across the globe do. In fact it is happening right now in the Ukraine. You might not like it, but it is part of war.

DeletedUser4923

1) I'd like to implement a warning for when your guild is under siege so you can see it from the city screen
2) I'd like be able to type in chat when I am viewing a sector
3) I'd like to not lose my troops when thrown out of a fight because someone else has won the fight

These are some great ideas, I however, would like the warning to be on the guild continent map, so one doesn't have to open every map to see if they are under attack. Something like a red hex, it would make it easy to code, and easy to monitor. Only one mouse click away and you can see all your maps and their state.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

Every army has a special forces element for their needs. A ghost guild or demolition guild is exactly that. Since we are talking about the war element of the game, then these ghost guild or demolition guilds are doing what armies across the globe do. In fact it is happening right now in the Ukraine. You might not like it, but it is part of war.

I really don't think comparing FoE to RL is ever going to be of any utility whatsoever

DeletedUser12400

You've got a point there. We can improve but we can't eliminate.

DeletedUser5180

if the players here posting in favour of GG & DG are involved in that activity then I guess you prob need to justify it BUT if you don't participate in this and are part of a proper guild that plays fair in GvG then i guess you havn't had the misfortune of losing sectors costing you huge amounts of goods to a GG that paid 5 of each good for your sector that they don't even want.

Once it happens to you im sure your opinions will change fast

DeletedUser

I would raise a slightly passive-aggressive counter-point to the argument of "It is unfair that top guilds can dominate large sectors of the new map". The amount of planning, production, strategy and execution that goes into the dominance is not "turn up on launch day, click a few buttons and win!"
Whole guilds who put aside personal goals to prepare and produce and stockpile ahead of each GvG era.
It is hardly fair for a smaller guild with no preparation to ride onto the GvG map in the Waaaaambulance expecting to have equal rights "because they play the game too" :P

I think the whole "proper toggle to only show available attached and unattached units" is a non-starter. The Devs were informed multiple times what the players thought was best and the implementation was done specifically in order to provide something which appeared to fulfil the request but in fact was more or less useless for the stated purpose. There were many posts when the filter was introduced asking how on earth they had misconstrued the request so badly and no satisfactory response was ever given, that I recall?

DeletedUser102725

Each hex has a constant power. How about some way to make the hex increase its power by an action of the owner. Possibly do or save something which increases the power. And when the owner leaves the hex reverts back to the original power.

Status
Not open for further replies.