• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: GVG Map Freeze

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
When in GVG at reset every time I try to siege the same time as someone else I
get a message about a timing issue and then I can't click on any of the sectors.
The only way to resolve this is to reload the game. This happens 4 or 5 times every reset.
It is making GVG unplayable.

Mithrander

Private
When in GVG at reset every time I try to siege the same time as someone else I
get a message about a timing issue and then I can't click on any of the sectors.
The only way to resolve this is to reload the game. This happens 4 or 5 times every reset.
It is making GVG unplayable.
Sadly it's the same old, they break it and then can't fix it.

And yes it is making GvG almost unplayable we spend more time waiting for the game to reload by which time we have lost any fight we may have been involved in.

Perhaps Inno should do what they did with at the start and out source the issue to someone who can debug the code and actually fix it ?

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Please do submit tickets if you experience this issue, we currently have this under review.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
Froze 3 times on GVG this evening, then gave up.
I did raise a ticket but then it was closed without any explanation.

Matt999

Private
It seems to happen most when there is a 'clash'. For example, if you are trying to unlock a DA slot at the same time another person is. It just freezes and causes you to have to refresh. By which point the sector is gone. Everybody in the guild has it happen every day. Frustrating if they are closing tickets!

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Tickets close automatically after a time.
We are still investigating this. If you have any specific triggers you know cause the issue, please do include them if you send a ticket. You may not get a detailed response as we have little additional information to offer at present, but the data will help us tackle the issue.

Grof Z

Corporal
Freezes all the time around reset - we have guild on (10-15players depending on day) plans are made - and when we are all to execute them, either release pre reset- or start attacking/place siege on other sector after reset - game breaks down.

only solution is refresh ... been happenin for some time now

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
yep, I have to be very careful before reset as if the counter counts down to
zero while I'm trying to siege or fight then it freezes and I have to reload.
When I get back on it looks like reset has passed as the clock is moving again
but it actually hasn't as when I try to fight I get the message to wait for reset to
pass and then it freezes again!!!

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Unfortunately after extensive investigations into this issue, we have found that due to the nature of the cause of this issue, it is not possible to fix it safely. We understand the obvious frustration this issue causes and we do always do our best to fix issues when we can. Sadly this is not always possible, as in this case. Should this change we will of course reassess the situation, however at the present time the best solution is to reload the game. You may also avoid issues by avoiding attempting to place a siege during daily calculation

Grof Z

Corporal
Not like we expected it will be fixed ... from plane U can see that INNO wants to faze.out GvG from game ...
fixes were presented over years, but U ignore them ... to get us here

1664460611048.png

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
Unfortunately after extensive investigations into this issue, we have found that due to the nature of the cause of this issue, it is not possible to fix it safely. We understand the obvious frustration this issue causes and we do always do our best to fix issues when we can. Sadly this is not always possible, as in this case. Should this change we will of course reassess the situation, however at the present time the best solution is to reload the game. You may also avoid issues by avoiding attempting to place a siege during daily calculation
words fail me :(

woodchuck321

Private
honestly I usually would type up a long response here but Crazy Biker said it pretty well

this is making GvG unplayable, if that's part of your plan anyway then damn, if it's not part of your plan then yall better come up with something or rework GvG or somethin cause this is more than a minor issue