• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: GVG Map Freeze

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I am still having issues at reset time in GvG. I always have to reload my game. Could it be a browser issue? This really stinks. :(

I still see the bug also. They might have fixed the action when 2 people try to siege or something at the same time, but they didn't fix the reset calc error, or the try to drop sectors when you've already dropped 4 error.

I get the error every day at reset while the calculation is running. I don't think it's a browser issue but it started over the summer the same time as the other map freeze reports. All you have to do to reproduce the error is click on any action in gvg maps while the calc is running, and you get the error message twice that calc is running and you should wait, and then you can't do anything else and must reload the game. Once you reload the game, everything is fine, you can go click gvg sectors and get the single message that calc is still running and it won't freeze, but the first time you always get double error messages and have to reload.

I also still get the "gvg map freeze" bug if I fail to count by grant freedom allowance correctly and try to drop a 5th one, that error message shows up twice also, and then you have to reload if you want to do anything further because everything locks up.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
I've not been able to replicate freezes at reset since the fix. Please ensure you have thoroughly cleared your cache and cookies since the last update to ensure this is not causing any issues.

crazylady

Private
I still see the bug also. They might have fixed the action when 2 people try to siege or something at the same time, but they didn't fix the reset calc error, or the try to drop sectors when you've already dropped 4 error.

I get the error every day at reset while the calculation is running. I don't think it's a browser issue but it started over the summer the same time as the other map freeze reports. All you have to do to reproduce the error is click on any action in gvg maps while the calc is running, and you get the error message twice that calc is running and you should wait, and then you can't do anything else and must reload the game. Once you reload the game, everything is fine, you can go click gvg sectors and get the single message that calc is still running and it won't freeze, but the first time you always get double error messages and have to reload.

I also still get the "gvg map freeze" bug if I fail to count by grant freedom allowance correctly and try to drop a 5th one, that error message shows up twice also, and then you have to reload if you want to do anything further because everything locks up.
I tried using Google Chrome and that seems to work so far. Did you try using a different browser?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I tried using Google Chrome and that seems to work so far. Did you try using a different browser?
Using Opera GX browser, but it's chrome based and runs chrome extensions. Some days I could click on sectors during recalc without getting the error, but since the last update the double error and freeze is back every day during recalc. And updates or not, it always makes me reload the game if I try to grant freedom on a 5th sector when I have already used my 4.

I'd say I average 2-3 reloads per gvg session - recently the one where if someone conquers a sector at the same time you're fighting in it also, "the situation has changed" something went wrong error is back, got that one yesterday, it's an automatic game reload instead of a map freeze and manual reload - but still interrupts the game and takes you off the field for a minute.