• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Competitive Seasons

DeletedUser101943

GvG Competitive Seasons

How It Could Work: (Version 2)

- 3 Seasons Per Year (GvG Maps Reset Every Four Months)
- During each season 'points' are earned by any guild positioned within the top 10 on the leaderboard.
- Points are calculated/awarded at the usual timer reset each day. (see suggested point amounts below)
- At the end of a season the points earned are tallied and a final top 10 list of guilds is announced and logged into a season ranking page-tab on the leaderboard
- At the end of a season any owned sectors are automatically released, giving the usual amount of goods back to each guild
- Final day finish positions could maybe award some extra points to encourage an exciting finale

Points Per Guild Laderboard Position
Rank 10 - 10 points earned at daily reset
Rank 9 - 20 points earned at daily reset
Rank 8 - 30 points earned at daily reset
Rank 7 - 40 points earned at daily reset
Rank 6 - 50 points earned at daily reset
Rank 5 - 60 points earned at daily reset
Rank 4 - 70 points earned at daily reset
Rank 3 - 80 points earned at daily reset
Rank 2 - 90 points earned at daily reset
Rank 1 - 100 points earned at daily reset

Why Do This:

- Keeps GvG fresh, provides incentives to keep fighting (better rewards not just leader board position or guild level buildup)
- Allows any guild a chance to make their mark and have a fair chance at getting in right from the start, rather than playing catch-up
- Provides something that everyone to look forward too, prepare and plan for (adds more strategy to the game)
- Season start will likely see the high era players focus on the highest eras, allowing less advanced guilds a chance to get into good positions on the lower era maps, and fight among themselves on a more even playing field (at least for a while).
- Each start/end of season will help create lots of excitement in GvG, similar to when a new era map were released (which were some of the most fun times our guilds have had and me personally).
- This system will encourage players to get involved in GvG, as it is offers more personal rewards, collective rewards, and is more exciting/fun than the version many are growing tired of.
- This system means any guild has a chance to work to the top, rather than have roughly the top same guilds permanently in place, and in return it gives those guilds a change of pace, less defending and more attacking etc
- Devs wouldn't have to do too much work I would imagine to make this system happen.

Possible Rewards:

- Season badges on guild profiles showing their achieved ranks etc
- Reward chests given to all members of the guilds who placed within the final top 10
- Reward chests work like any other, with a % chance at getting a selection of prizes (SoK, WW, Diamond Buildings etc) with more being given depending on how high a guild placed
- Season # number participation 1x1 decoration

Possible Alterations:

- Could alternatively open up eras one per day so to allow more time for guilds to work their way onto the maps (and possibly prevent server overloads)
- Rewards are obviously highly debatable, open to suggestions
- Perhaps reward for the guild itself rather than members, giving the guild minor perks that wont create imbalance in GvG.

Thanks for reading!
I hope my idea will be considered/debated. I think GvG improvements have been severely lacking in recent years, and it is the main source of many players entertainment (and likely diamond purchasing), outside city building. I just came up with this an hour ago so i'm sure stuff could be improved upon..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2312

+1

That is a very very good and interesting suggestion.
This is something well worth looking into.
The thought of Gvg becoming as exciting as those first days when new eras were released, the team working together to take the sectors and the sense of achievement have not been replicated for a long long time.
GE is great but, I dont p,ay against players from other worlds. Beating or loosing to them means nothing really. But a good Gvg battle cannot be beaten.
Sheridan, that is a brilliant suggestion

DeletedUser96901

At the end of a season the top GvG rankings are captured, top 10 guilds receive rewards
I don't like that a snapshot of one moment decides

a guild is first for 119 days.
another had nothing 119 days and jumps in first at the last day and wins

guilds should get points for every day a guild is in top 10 (maybe like formula 1: place 1 gets 25 points per day. place 10 gets 1 point)
so which guild has performed best in the season gets the reward

reason
performing best during the complete season. not being on place 1 at the last second

DeletedUser101943

I don't like that a snapshot of one moment decides

This is a great point which is why I welcome debate on this idea, which I still think is good in basis, it's just the finer details need figuring out fully to make it fair and feasible.

I agree on what you have pointed out, and i'll amend my idea above based on your suggestion/s. I hope you can support it once thats done. Cheers

edit - post has been updated

Agent327

Overlord
I do see one major problem here. All indicates that the app is is the only focus of Inno right now. Parts of the game that are not on the app like the Treasure Hunt are cancelled. I am afraid GvG is going the same way.

DeletedUser101943

I do see one major problem here. All indicates that the app is is the only focus of Inno right now. Parts of the game that are not on the app like the Treasure Hunt are cancelled. I am afraid GvG is going the same way.

I would hope that they do plan on bringing GvG to the mobile app as it is a major part of the game for many people. If they do, they could add this at the same time during development.

Agent327

Overlord
I would hope that they do plan on bringing GvG to the mobile app as it is a major part of the game for many people. If they do, they could add this at the same time during development.

Ask yourself this. Why is it taking so long and why are they making the PC game look like the app, instead the other way around?

DeletedUser101943

It would be great to hear what more people think of this idea?

DeletedUser97334

+1 this would really help new guilds starting out. Most of the time they are just locked out of lower era maps where nothing happens anymore anyway

MarcelMerk

Private
+1

But there should be some arrangements regarding

- Goods returned otherwise the Guilds will be drained of goods in no time, So like now half return when drop a sector.
- Reward could also be tickets to an exclusive tournament map. See it like the play offs.

DeletedUser101943

+1

But there should be some arrangements regarding

- Goods returned otherwise the Guilds will be drained of goods in no time, So like now half return when drop a sector.
- Reward could also be tickets to an exclusive tournament map. See it like the play offs.

Alternatives could be altering siege costs, or making contribution GB's which produce goods for an era you select?
Otherwise yes, some goods would need to be returned to the treasury at the end of a season.