• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Whilst I get your point and agree, pretty sure the game ran 2012-2016 with hardly any events - certainly no gold/silver passes, gvg only , no GE, no gbg and I don't recall any mentions of losses throughout that period.
That may be true, but unfortunately times change and in the early years of Forge there was very little competition in the browser game space. Economics evolve and the game must evolve with it.

Bezio95

Private
The fact is, that around 1% of active players play GvG (I myself am one of that 1% so of course am sad to see it go), and the feature is resource heavy and cumbersome and it would be extremely difficult to change any of that, with no guarantee that the result would be a functional feature.
I just love that sentence, Maybe try count it without ppl who got multiserver account, ppl who log 2 times a month etc.

Last edited:

debj29

Private
I am still trying to process the fact that Inno are going to close down GVG. GVG and the fun we have fighting together is the only reason i have continued to play this game for so long. GBG or any of the other things introduced recently don't even come close to that and I really don't hold out much hope for the new guild raids either. I have seen several of our long term guild members make it clear that when GVG goes they are leaving the game for good.

Maybe the statement below from the announcement needs to be changed. The announcement makes it clear that guild raids is not a like for like replacement for GVG so when Inno shuts down GVG they will be depriving us of it permanently and not just for a while.

"We don't want to leave you without the GvG for too long. Upon the GvG shutdown, we want to allow ourselves time to address potential issues and hope to launch Guild Raids soon after. As always, we will keep you posted on the progress."

Last edited:

Ludicrous

Private
you guys have gone crazy, this is the only reason many of us are still online after 10 years in this game, it's all about money, and that's ruining the game.
GVG doesn't make any money, which of the mobile players will still be active in 10 years.
RIP GVG and the great ones that made it with it

Let me guess, Guild Raids will cost use if we want to achieve anything

the only thing y'all forget is that if the big players leave the game they won't invest anymore in gbg and the game in general
Quite, and the game ecosystem will break down as smaller guilds and new players will not have access to that expertise or resources.

Merihim

Private
I have a question:
1. Will a single player guild be able to play Guild Raids?
2. If the reason for shutting down GvG is very small players who play , will you shut down GE5 for the same reason?

doubleone

Private
GvG with all it’s flaws is the main event that kept many of us old-timers around for many years. These wonderfully evolved, modernized and mobilized GE & GBG features are completely lacking in the strategy, tactics and real-time teamwork that once were key to this game and which generated much of the camaraderie and fun guild rivalries that kept us coming back. Unless guild raids brings any of those characteristics back and isn’t just a glorified GE 2.0, removing GvG will complete the transformation of a once strategic game into wholly a farming/sector swapping bore. RIP GvG/FoE as the iconic game it once was

Grof Z

Corporal
Actually the reasoning is very transparent and truthful. Neither has InnoGames ever claimed not to be a business; all gaming companies must pay their developers or there would be no games for anyone to play. The fact is, that around 1% of active players play GvG (I myself am one of that 1% so of course am sad to see it go), and the feature is resource heavy and cumbersome and it would be extremely difficult to change any of that, with no guarantee that the result would be a functional feature. Games must evolve to fit the needs of modern players. I understand change is difficult however, but the reasoning given is genuine.

Where is DISLIKE Button when U need it? :)

It would be nice if ... we could get those numbers to see that "1%" of players ... from our 70mmbr guild -30+ play GvG ...
Fix for GvG ... was floated around here for few years ... on the forum, even DEV.person offered it to INNO - but they turned it down
reality is ... U (inno) never wanted to fix GvG ... and just let it break down even more ... and that's too bad :(
its easier to rip the bandaid off .. than to drag it on ... like U have done with a lot of us, who like this part of the game - and were hoping U would do something

Ahhh .... just another disappointment by INNO

Hektik Keef

Private
Whilst I get your point and agree, pretty sure the game ran 2012-2016 with hardly any events - certainly no gold/silver passes, gvg only , no GE, no gbg and I don't recall any mentions of losses throughout that period.
Totally- the small amount money they need is there, just they want it as profit not spent on game feature enjoyed by players!

The Tominator

Sergeant
i miss the very start of gvg where we could leave our guilds go outside and wipe the guild we didnt like off the map then return back to our guild
that was fun ..bring back something like that

MightySlay3r

Private
This is a feedback thread for the announcement posted here. Please leave any comments, questions or feedback below. Thank you!
you have this so wrong..... the inno player base for FOE will diminish FAST..... most people only play the game BECAUSE of gvg.....
remove that, the player base moves on with their cash to other games by other producers.... seen it so many times....
end game... FOE closes without a mention....
its inno's call, but i reckon its not got very long before its over....

I have only just started playing gvg and I want to continue, its fun and different in a game where things can seem a bit same same. It seems mad to abandon gvg rather than improve it if there are problems.. I can see the whole game taking a nose dive when this change makes allot of your loyalest players quit. When that happens everyone will loose something from the game whether gvg was their thing or not.