• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Inno has to give us back our resources (which is very much). After this upgrade, all the maps had to be reset, and everything was returned to everyone. We, as team players, have invested a lot of time and resources to now have 10+ guilds of 1-2 players (who only care about rank points) land and be unstoppable .. And wtf is this? GvG has now become like PvP .. Create your own guild and rule the maps. Better come up with a plan to unite such players into one guild, rather than making it easier for them. I was expecting a lot more interesting update, but it is totally BS.. Only players who dont care about their guild and who only think about their rank points like it.
If they already want to land, let them go 1 to 1 and we will clean them like a broom, or remove more LZs . So make them think for a while, and make them think what teamwork is, not like this, sitting alone in the guild and playing GvG just for rank points.
Or put a very expansive landing on the map and a small amount of sectors, if they want to land, freely, but let them pay the big price for it. Make them feel in some way what a team game means !!

Well put !

Inno has to give us back our resources (which is very much). After this upgrade, all the maps had to be reset, and everything was returned to everyone. We, as team players, have invested a lot of time and resources to now have 10+ guilds of 1-2 players (who only care about rank points) land and be unstoppable .. And wtf is this? GvG has now become like PvP .. Create your own guild and rule the maps. Better come up with a plan to unite such players into one guild, rather than making it easier for them. I was expecting a lot more interesting update, but it is totally BS.. Only players who dont care about their guild and who only think about their rank points like it.
If they already want to land, let them go 1 to 1 and we will clean them like a broom, or remove more LZs . So make them think for a while, and make them think what teamwork is, not like this, sitting alone in the guild and playing GvG just for rank points.
Or put a very expansive landing on the map and a small amount of sectors, if they want to land, freely, but let them pay the big price for it. Make them feel in some way what a team game means !!
No, we need many more LZ's to make it easier to land on or near guilds who sit on large chunks of land forever.
Would like to see more LZ's not only on coastal areas, but also near mountains, where guilds tend to seek safe havens

Last edited:
people get fun from gvg in different ways,me personaly i dont care about guild pts or personal pts i just do it for the fun,i cant be in a team as cant devote the time needed
it needs more LZs

on Rugnir have just given up all our sectors on AA map just to go round hitting LZs i dont care about pts i just like doing it in my own time

my guess some maps like east nagach AA is very much alive and good while other world maps are dead xtra LZs here would be better maybe?

DeletedUser114055

Why participate in GvG if you don't like fighting? We've been fighting back and forth in AA for days now on R and it's been great fun. Everyone in guild love the changes and there's so much activity now. One even said "I'm finally enjoying this world again".

More activity = more fighting = more fun!
Ah you are mixing things here, my inability to have fun don´t come from like fighting or not; it comes from not being able to actually fight.
Can´t kill mars troops with LMA ones..; but again, this is a 1 world, and situation specific, so no point.
And Rugnir is a very new world, only activity in a couple maps, even with the changes

Deleted member 109369

? I see nothing but relevance . Serious GvG ers from a dedicated GvG guild v the likes of some who dont really care about tactics side , moreover about their own benefits . Debate like this is highly on point .

That would be because we removed a number of irrelevant posts. Thank you for staying within the topic

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
This update is total garbage . Ive given a chunk of time over years to build a guild capable of ruling GvG with crafted tactics , and a highly effective team.
Some claim there were no tactics before ( like neoth ) , that is insane . I assure a lot of effort was made to create our positions , and make daily defensive counter measures v multiple enemies . I actually enjoyed this side of things , it was a mental challenge . Now ...this is a pointless free for all ... no way to track whats what ...( unless you live 24-7 on map over every calc ...yeh right ! ) ..Now we have : Mostly , dont bother with defensive strategy ..just hit whatever is possible next calc , shield up as much as possible , dont bother adding defence ..wait for next calc ..repeat . Wow ..very interesting .
You killed this at the moment for all except ghosters , or those guilds who werent very good at GvG anyway ,who can now find more fighting without putting in the background effort . ( fun some say ...pfff ) . I am merely hanging around now in the faint hope you see sense , and backtrack on this BS ,. Of all the improvements that could have been made , including some very basic things to put right issues we all experienced before , it is unfathomable to me why this was brought in , and with so many basic flaws too . Yes . our guild still holds #1 , and probably can continue to do so , but there is no tactical challenge now . So for the likes of me ....the 1 reason i still play FoE after 7 years , is fast coming to an end .

No, we need many more LZ's to make it easier to land on or near guilds who sit on large chunks of land forever.
Would like to see LZ's not only on coastal areas, but also near mountains, where guilds tend to seek safe havens

yeah this i think is a problem on some worlds from 3/4 i've seen over past few years,they make alliances or have pacts so they dont fight each other it all becomes dead,go on turn round and att thy neigbor lol

This update is total garbage . Ive given a chunk of time over years to build a guild capable of ruling GvG with crafted tactics , and a highly effective team.
Some claim there were no tactics before ( like neoth ) , that is insane . I assure a lot of effort was made to create our positions , and make daily defensive counter measures v multiple enemies . I actually enjoyed this side of things , it was a mental challenge . Now ...this is a pointless free for all ... no way to track whats what ...( unless you live 24-7 on map over every calc ...yeh right ! ) ..Now we have : Mostly , dont bother with defensive strategy ..just hit whatever is possible next calc , shield up as much as possible , dont bother adding defence ..wait for next calc ..repeat . Wow ..very interesting .
You killed this at the moment for all except ghosters , or those guilds who werent very good at GvG anyway ,who can now find more fighting without putting in the background effort . ( fun some say ...pfff ) . I am merely hanging around now in the faint hope you see sense , and backtrack on this BS ,. Of all the improvements that could have been made , including some very basic things to put right issues we all experienced before , it is unfathomable to me why this was brought in , and with so many basic flaws too . Yes . our guild still holds #1 , and probably can continue to do so , but there is no tactical challenge now . So for the likes of me ....the 1 reason i still play FoE after 7 years , is fast coming to an end .

i hope you dont give up,last time you guys had a rest juggs/titans and the rest all they did was slice map up for each other and maps became dead

DeletedUser115348

Spot on. You ruined a perfectly fine system inno which you choose to ignore now. There were easy fixes that needed to be made. Not a total broken overhaul that is gvg now. Alot of players enjoyed this now hate this game. Still no answers anywhere. Wrote tickets told to go to forum. I hardly believe inno even looks at any of this. All you get here are trolls and no answers. Thanks inno. This game is a slog now and no challenge or fun. This was never asked for and should have never been forced out. Go back to the preupdate version inno. That simple

Agent327

Overlord

I give you there are absolutely tactics involved, but with those tactics GvG was killed. Half of some maps had free sectors that could never be reached. With those tactics GvG was just for a few. Now everyone can run free and participation can and will rise, so Inno will achieve what it wants. Even if you do not like it.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
I give you there are absolutely tactics involved, but with those tactics GvG was killed. Half of some maps had free sectors that could never be reached. With those tactics GvG was just for a few. Now everyone can run free and participation can and will rise, so Inno will achieve what it wants. Even if you do not like it.
it most certainly wasnt killed . It was very active before, but at least then you had to think about it .
and .if i may say ...the fact a guild controlled an area ..doesnt mean it had to occupy ALL sectors , or that they are "free" ... this just confirms your misunderstanding of GvG .

Last edited:

DeletedUser112017

Now everyone can run free and participation can and will rise, so Inno will achieve what it wants

Yes . our guild still holds #1 , and probably can continue to do so

Those 2 are outlining what these changes made. They didn't de-throne strongest guilds, they promoted activity and gave a chance to fight ones who weren't able to do so at 8pm UK recalc.

Of course, Ice's guild will dislike it as they can't that easily hug maps, but it certainly didn't make their job impossible as he said. More challenging, yes, but not impossible.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Those 2 are outlining what these changes made. They didn't de-throne strongest guilds, they promoted activity and gave a chance to fight ones who weren't able to do so at 8pm UK recalc.

Of course, Ice's guild will dislike it as they can't that easily hug maps, but it certainly didn't make their job impossible as he said. More challenging, yes, but not impossible.
Most certainly NOT more challenging ...easier if anything . You completely missed the point.

DeletedUser116655

Our focus should not be on personal issues here, but focused on the fact that GvG is not getting any better with regards to the current bug issues, they are still present and painful.

The new resets are only an inconvenience, which you have to adapt to and overcome.
Adapt and overcome maybe for someone that has time to play 24/7 i loved gvg, the tactics, work with group and our strategies.
i use to play 24/7 games and quit for that reason. here at least it wasn't 24/7 but still a challenge and with some effert fight the bigger guilds/or stronger guilds, but between 16hr shields, 8hr HQ moves, but still produce the same troop and goods. Eventually it will burn out anyplayer who attempt to keep up. Older servers it probably gave an opportunity for some that been sitting and building troops for years to actually use them. for for younger servers and if they do make more will only be possible for those that spend or jump era eras and be only for the very few and in long run kill the gvg experience for be more of a job then a game.